CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Message board link
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Announcements & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a genuine suggestion.

I assume that those that want it removed do so as we approach the new era of openness and transparency that we are now in. The bit where the past is forgotten.

Here's my idea. The moderators agree to remove it on the opening game of the new season (let's not include PSF's) if Steve Evans moves on from the past and doesn't mention his title win at Boston unless he adds the words...cheated to it.

You see forgetting the past works both ways
coach
Coach
Coach

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve leake wrote:
Chris Wright wrote:
Perhaps we should remove the Brighton, Horsham, Conference North and Conference South links while we're at it. Maybe a link to the Premiership and Man Utd forums would be more appropriate Rolling Eyes
No it wouldn't Chris. Brighton are the only league club in Sussex, Horsham are our neighbours and rivals of old, and the Conference North and South links are for the whole leagues. Logic says that Boston shouldn't be singled out.

Is there a link to this forum on the supporters club site?
coach
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a choice, obviously you could not put links to all the league teams on the header on this forum that's a ridiculous suggestion, Boston fans are going to post here, live with it, they will also post on the forum of the next club Evans manages, and the next.

The choice is you don't have to read it, or click on the link.

I would suggest when Evans leaves and the Boston fans move on too that the Administrators will change the link, as they have with others.

What are you afraid of hearing?

1st censorship of what was laughingly called a fans forum, now get rid of Boston fans and the link to their forum.

Control freaks.
steve leake
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 134

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coach wrote:
You have a choice, obviously you could not put links to all the league teams on the header on this forum that's a ridiculous suggestion, Boston fans are going to post here, live with it, they will also post on the forum of the next club Evans manages, and the next.

I would suggest when Evans leaves and the Boston fans move on too that the Administrators will change the link, as they have with others.

1st censorship of what was laughingly called a fans forum, now get rid of Boston fans and the link to their forum.

Control freaks.
It has got nothing to do with censorship, they are quite welcome to keep on posting on here if they have time to spare, I wouldn't open their link anyway as I have no interest in their club whatsoever . You are guilty of mixing up their postings with their link , Two different things altogether.
steve leake
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
steve leake wrote:
Chris Wright wrote:
Perhaps we should remove the Brighton, Horsham, Conference North and Conference South links while we're at it. Maybe a link to the Premiership and Man Utd forums would be more appropriate Rolling Eyes
No it wouldn't Chris. Brighton are the only league club in Sussex, Horsham are our neighbours and rivals of old, and the Conference North and South links are for the whole leagues. Logic says that Boston shouldn't be singled out.

Steve, its an internet forum with a hyperlink that no one forces anyone else to click, not a discriminatory recruitment process.......

Ian
If they were in the same league Ian then fine but they are not.
steve leake
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant wrote:
Here's a genuine suggestion.

I assume that those that want it removed do so as we approach the new era of openness and transparency that we are now in. The bit where the past is forgotten.

Here's my idea. The moderators agree to remove it on the opening game of the new season (let's not include PSF's) if Steve Evans moves on from the past and doesn't mention his title win at Boston unless he adds the words...cheated to it.

You see forgetting the past works both ways
So you are of the "nah nah de nah nah" pursuasion then Ant. Take it a step further and don't complain when he does bring up the past!!
coach
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve leake wrote:
coach wrote:

Control freaks.
It has got nothing to do with censorship, they are quite welcome to keep on posting on here if they have time to spare, I wouldn't open their link anyway as I have no interest in their club whatsoever . You are guilty of mixing up their postings with their link , Two different things altogether.

Others have said "go away Boston fans" on this thread and others, not mixing anything up at all, just combining the two.

I noticed you did not answer the question I even put it on a seperate post for you Steve so you would not get all muddled.

Is there a link on the supporters club site to this forum? (strike 2)
Chris Wright

Topics: 125

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve leake wrote:
Brighton are the only league club in Sussex, Horsham are our neighbours and rivals of old, and the Conference North and South links are for the whole leagues. Logic says that Boston shouldn't be singled out.

So Brighton are the only league club in Sussex. What's the relevance to CTFC, who are a non-league club?
You've been a Reds supporter longer than I have, so perhaps the Horsham rivalry goes back further than I can remember, but they're not rivals to me. And Three Bridges are nearer neighbours, surely?
You're not averse to a Premiership forum link then? It's a whole league, after all.

My point is that some of the links could be said to be there for entirely arbitrary reasons. And, for the record, those arbitrary reasons lie solely with the Site Admin, not the moderators.
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this link thing is more of a divisive issue than some realise.

Those who want the link removed = people that are 100% willing to move on with the club and wipe the slate clean.

Those who want the link to stay = people that are constantly looking for conspiracy theories and wrong doing.
steve leake
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coach wrote:

No there isn't, are there any?
steve leake
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Wright wrote:
steve leake wrote:
Brighton are the only league club in Sussex, Horsham are our neighbours and rivals of old, and the Conference North and South links are for the whole leagues. Logic says that Boston shouldn't be singled out.

So Brighton are the only league club in Sussex. What's the relevance to CTFC, who are a non-league club?
You've been a Reds supporter longer than I have, so perhaps the Horsham rivalry goes back further than I can remember, but they're not rivals to me. And Three Bridges are nearer neighbours, surely?
You're not averse to a Premiership forum link then? It's a whole league, after all.

My point is that some of the links could be said to be there for entirely arbitrary reasons. And, for the record, those arbitrary reasons lie solely with the Site Admin, not the moderators.
THe relevance to Brighton is they are in sussex not Lincolnshire and yes in my opinion Horsham have always been our closest , in terms of geography, realistic rivals. With all due respect to TB they are not and have never been our rivals (apart from when they beat us in the SSC on a verry muddy night at Town Mead) although I would be happy to have a link for them as they are more relevant than Boston. I didn't say i wanted a Premiership link either because it is not that relevant to CTFC but perhaps a Div 2 link would be. Now answer the question , what is the difference between Site Admin and the Moderators?
coach
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve leake wrote:
coach wrote:

No there isn't, are there any?

No

But there is a link from this forum to the supporters club site

Why doesn't the supporters club form their own Forum Steve then you can put as many links in as you like, and take them away, it obviously bothers you what the Admin does on this one.

I really dont see this as a burning issue.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
I think this link thing is more of a divisive issue than some realise.

Those who want the link removed = people that are 100% willing to move on with the club and wipe the slate clean.

Those who want the link to stay = people that are constantly looking for conspiracy theories and wrong doing.

What about those who don't care either way?

3 way split?

Ian
Chris Wright

Topics: 125

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve leake wrote:
yes in my opinion Horsham have always been our closest , in terms of geography, realistic rivals. With all due respect to TB they are not and have never been our rivals

Define realistic. When were we last in the same division as Horsham? When did we last play them in a meaningful competition (I discount the SSC because our manager does the same)? The issue is that is it - by your own admission - opinion as to what deserves to be linked here.

steve leake wrote:
I didn't say i wanted a Premiership link either because it is not that relevant to CTFC but perhaps a Div 2 link would be.

No you didn't, that point was made more in BICH's direction. But you did say that a league link was more relevant than a team link... ...yet didn't argue that Conference North was irrelevant.

steve leake wrote:
Now answer the question , what is the difference between Site Admin and the Moderators?

I can, now that you've asked it. The moderators have the ability to manage and moderate the posts that appear on the various forums. As one can see from the forum home page, the same moderators are defined for all forums - but it doesn't have to be that way. We also have some powers over user profiles - removing offensive avatars or signatures, for example.

The Site Admin owns the name / domain CTFC.net. The Admin controls all aspects of the site - the number and arrangement of the forums, the links, the adverts, down to the colour of the pages. The Site Admin has complete access to the database underneath the forum, and full details of all registered users. Everything.

So as much as I'd like to put links to the Conference newcomers' forums in place of those dearly departed, I can't - only the Site Admin can. And only the Site Admin can remove Boston, if it is deemed appropriate to do so.

I hope that explains the difference. Oh, and it's nice to see that school have given you access to the forum in term time again Wink
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Message board link Reply with quote

steve leake wrote:
Tonyt wrote:
Now that we have the fixture list I am looking forward to the new message board to include Barrow,Lewes and Eastbourne.

However is there any chance that we can lose the Boston link.

Cool
Agreed

Don't faint Steve, I'm with you on this one!

I don't mind the Boston fans posting as they're only trying to remind us what a dodgy manager we've got but I do agree that the Boston fans forum links have probably run their course.

Oh and by the way Steve, I probably agree with you far, far more times than I disagree with you.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Announcements & suggestions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: