CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Are the team on South coast holding back Crawley Town FC ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Are the team on South coast holding back Crawley Town FC ? Reply with quote

100,000 reported at falmer village seaweeed parade today. Can we ever compete with the village team in terms of gaining support or should we look at nailsworth green rovers and fleetwoody and their success and say if you build it they will come? However is there a limit to number football fans in the county? Just a thought.....and all the time falmer suck seed are we going to have to try harder or is our great club looking for a different type of 'customer' i.e. perhaps not the corporate clown at the Amex but the working man (and woman) wanting to watch a professional team on a Saturday afternoon. But...with falmer soon to be kicking off on Skyhigh priced tv and co. Friday and Monday nights can we capture a few falmer sheep and offer them grazing on a Saturday afternoon at the Broadfield?
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

100,000? Is that right?
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
100,000? Is that right?

That was an estimated figure but probably not far off.

The vast majority were just out for the beer and party though, probably not even football fans.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have thought that it is the London clubs sucking away our support, not Brighton.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
I would have thought that it is the London clubs sucking away our support, not Brighton.

Definitely so. Nearly all the early Crawley residents came from London, not Brighton, and the football loyalties have carried over to subsequent generations.
seano
First Team
First Team

Topics: 27

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Phil T wrote:

Definitely so. Nearly all the early Crawley residents came from London, not Brighton, and the football loyalties have carried over to subsequent generations.

Go to three bridges at 12 o'clock on a Saturday and you'll see the problem... And I tell you now you won't see any Brighton shirts.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many will line the Kings Rd then for Chelski? We are in perhaps a geographical unfortunate position that there are so many London clubs a short train ride away, I do though still think there is an uncapped market when the chelski, west hammered and millwalled fans etc are away from home not all their fans will travel to away matches.
Sussex Boy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
how many will line the Kings Rd then for Chelski? We are in perhaps a geographical unfortunate position that there are so many London clubs a short train ride away, I do though still think there is an uncapped market when the chelski, west hammered and millwalled fans etc are away from home not all their fans will travel to away matches.

That is the category I fall into.

I think Crawley have to accept that the future support will come from youngsters from and around the town (redhill, horley etc).

But Crawley will always have a limited support at the moment due people with family London ties to other clubs.
nemo
Coach
Coach

Topics: 81

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Are the team on South coast holding back Crawley Town FC Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
100,000 reported at falmer village seaweeed parade today. Can we ever compete with the village team in terms of gaining support or should we look at nailsworth green rovers and fleetwoody and their success and say if you build it they will come? However is there a limit to number football fans in the county? Just a thought.....and all the time falmer suck seed are we going to have to try harder or is our great club looking for a different type of 'customer' i.e. perhaps not the corporate clown at the Amex but the working man (and woman) wanting to watch a professional team on a Saturday afternoon. But...with falmer soon to be kicking off on Skyhigh priced tv and co. Friday and Monday nights can we capture a few falmer sheep and offer them grazing on a Saturday afternoon at the Broadfield?

Probably be propping us up with loads of loan signings so could be a two way street!
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

60000 fans were the reports so probably nearer 50k
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Palace and BHA fans who watch Crawley when their teams are away... the simple truth is that they enjoy LIVE football and that is the market sector the club have to develop... not just football fans but that special breed who enjoy the buzz of being part of the crowd watching a live game at the ground... not the pub or living room.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
I know Palace and BHA fans who watch Crawley when their teams are away... the simple truth is that they enjoy LIVE football and that is the market sector the club have to develop... not just football fans but that special breed who enjoy the buzz of being part of the crowd watching a live game at the ground... not the pub or living room.
club might need get in a bee keeper on the books then as the buzz at the Library Broadfield has been missing for a long time.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: