CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

New Crawley Town FC forum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R3d Devil
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usernames probably are not working due to the fact you cant have spaces in youre username when registering.
Damo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: New Crawley Town FC forum Reply with quote

Steve Subbuteo wrote:
Alex BH wrote:
With the sad announcement of the closure of this beloved forum, I have created another forum that I hope many CTFC.net users will migrate to, keeping their old usernames preferably.

I will promote this forum as much as I can and will customise it as best as I can to make it as interesting as possible.

http://ctfcfansforum.freeforums.net/

Alex

Thank you very much for making the effort Alex. Just a thought, I used to post on another forum, and they didn't separate football and off topic, it made for some interesting and sometimes random but amusing threads. People would include (N/F Non-football) at the end of the thread title, then it was up to you what to click. The off topic section on here is largely forgotten it seems by most users. Anyway, just an idea. and cheers for not letting the forum die!

Yes, I agree with this Steve. Although off-topic stuff maybe needs even more moderating? Anyway, I'm off to try and sign up to the new one...
revsie
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Alex,

After helping a few friends and family setup websites and such I know how hard it can be.

Good luck and if I can help just give me a shout.

I am signed up, see you on the other side.
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. If I can get over 100 members on the forum I would be delighted.

At the moment I will wait until I get more posts on there and see if the members continue to grow before seeing if it's necessary to categorize posts and set up sub forums.

I'm also thinking about purchasing a domain, so that the forum has a unique web address.
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'll get a few more than 100.
Andrew
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Alex.

And well done Peter for the last yonksy years hello2

Am currently in Mexico on holiday (as you do) and I assume when it asks for the email address and "enter" it will then ask me to press a sent link - unfortunately my work emails are not arriving here (what a terrible shame !!) so I will have to join next week when back in Blighty and at the grindstone.

Cheers and best of luck with this;. "Andrew" (copyright Wink )
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new forum won't take spaces in the username.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
The new forum won't take spaces in the username.
you can go in after registration and change how your user name appears I belive the admin on the new site has put up a post specifically about this it certainly worked for me

it says (cut/pasted below....)
Quote:

If you want to create a display name with spaces or comma's in just simply go to profile on the top navigation bar -> click the blue edit profile button -> click personal -> change your display name and save it then you're good to go![/quote}
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:
Thanks to everyone for their feedback. If I can get over 100 members on the forum I would be delighted.

At the moment I will wait until I get more posts on there and see if the members continue to grow before seeing if it's necessary to categorize posts and set up sub forums.

I'm also thinking about purchasing a domain, so that the forum has a unique web address.

Always worth getting a separate domain name. They are pretty cheap to buy and you can find cheap hosting too (don't go for the free hosting otherwise you will get adverts added all over the forum. Peter used to pay for his domain name etc. by his Google advert banner hence to reason he never had to ask for donations. Maybe an idea for you?
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notso wrote:
Alex BH wrote:

Always worth getting a separate domain name. They are pretty cheap to buy and you can find cheap hosting too (don't go for the free hosting otherwise you will get adverts added all over the forum. Peter used to pay for his domain name etc. by his Google advert banner hence to reason he never had to ask for donations. Maybe an idea for you?
Thanks for your suggestion Notso, I am considering getting a domain name for the forum and want to get a proper banner sorted. At the moment it's still very early days and I'm waiting to see how things go.
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
Up to 121 members so far.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:
David R wrote:

It's actually a quiet time of the year for forums......close season and all..
You just watch the numbers rise as the season picks up, opposition fans signing up.

It's a shame that CTFC.Net will be no more, but what a great way to clean up the membership of its non existent users??
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
Alex BH wrote:
David R wrote:

It's actually a quiet time of the year for forums......close season and all..
You just watch the numbers rise as the season picks up, opposition fans signing up.

It's a shame that CTFC.Net will be no more, but what a great way to clean up the membership of its non existent users??
I hope so armchair, I'm pleased with the progress so far in less than a week. I've also advertised the forum on the 'CRAWLEY TOWN FOR LIFE' Facebook group, which hopefully I will gain some members from.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't work for me at... work, but you'll all be pleased to hear that I'm sure I'll sign up at home at some stage. Wink
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
It doesn't work for me at... work, but you'll all be pleased to hear that I'm sure I'll sign up at home at some stage. Wink
Ian, I have exactly the same problem, annoying as it is, it's probably karma for me for wasting work time Wink

P.s good to hear you'll be joining!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: