CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


New Crawley Town FC forum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
R3d Devil
Squad member
Squad member


Joined: 06 Sep 2008
Last Visit: 01 Jun 2017
Posts: 200
Topics: 3
Location: Horsham

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usernames probably are not working due to the fact you cant have spaces in youre username when registering.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Damo
Subs bench
Subs bench


Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Last Visit: 09 Jun 2017
Posts: 439
Topics: 11
Location: Reigate

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: New Crawley Town FC forum Reply with quote

Steve Subbuteo wrote:
Alex BH wrote:
With the sad announcement of the closure of this beloved forum, I have created another forum that I hope many CTFC.net users will migrate to, keeping their old usernames preferably.

I will promote this forum as much as I can and will customise it as best as I can to make it as interesting as possible.

http://ctfcfansforum.freeforums.net/

Alex


Thank you very much for making the effort Alex. Just a thought, I used to post on another forum, and they didn't separate football and off topic, it made for some interesting and sometimes random but amusing threads. People would include (N/F Non-football) at the end of the thread title, then it was up to you what to click. The off topic section on here is largely forgotten it seems by most users. Anyway, just an idea. and cheers for not letting the forum die!


Yes, I agree with this Steve. Although off-topic stuff maybe needs even more moderating? Anyway, I'm off to try and sign up to the new one...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
revsie
Trainee
Trainee


Joined: 18 Aug 2011
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 11
Topics: 0
Location: Taunton

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Alex,

After helping a few friends and family setup websites and such I know how hard it can be.

Good luck and if I can help just give me a shout.

I am signed up, see you on the other side.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 25 Aug 2010
Last Visit: 20 Jul 2017
Posts: 3235
Topics: 54

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. If I can get over 100 members on the forum I would be delighted.

At the moment I will wait until I get more posts on there and see if the members continue to grow before seeing if it's necessary to categorize posts and set up sub forums.

I'm also thinking about purchasing a domain, so that the forum has a unique web address.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
David R
First Team
First Team


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Last Visit: 02 Jun 2017
Posts: 805
Topics: 33
Location: Jeju Island, South Korea

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'll get a few more than 100.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Andrew
First Team
First Team


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 22 Sep 2017
Posts: 879
Topics: 33
Location: Pound Hill

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Alex.

And well done Peter for the last yonksy years hello2

Am currently in Mexico on holiday (as you do) and I assume when it asks for the email address and "enter" it will then ask me to press a sent link - unfortunately my work emails are not arriving here (what a terrible shame !!) so I will have to join next week when back in Blighty and at the grindstone.

Cheers and best of luck with this;. "Andrew" (copyright Wink )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 17 Sep 2017
Posts: 4964
Topics: 102
Location: Ifield

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new forum won't take spaces in the username.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 12 Sep 2017
Posts: 11231
Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
The new forum won't take spaces in the username.
you can go in after registration and change how your user name appears I belive the admin on the new site has put up a post specifically about this it certainly worked for me

it says (cut/pasted below....)
Quote:

If you want to create a display name with spaces or comma's in just simply go to profile on the top navigation bar -> click the blue edit profile button -> click personal -> change your display name and save it then you're good to go![/quote}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 13 Jul 2017
Posts: 5443
Topics: 208
Location: Worth

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:
Thanks to everyone for their feedback. If I can get over 100 members on the forum I would be delighted.

At the moment I will wait until I get more posts on there and see if the members continue to grow before seeing if it's necessary to categorize posts and set up sub forums.

I'm also thinking about purchasing a domain, so that the forum has a unique web address.


Always worth getting a separate domain name. They are pretty cheap to buy and you can find cheap hosting too (don't go for the free hosting otherwise you will get adverts added all over the forum. Peter used to pay for his domain name etc. by his Google advert banner hence to reason he never had to ask for donations. Maybe an idea for you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 25 Aug 2010
Last Visit: 20 Jul 2017
Posts: 3235
Topics: 54

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notso wrote:
Alex BH wrote:
Thanks to everyone for their feedback. If I can get over 100 members on the forum I would be delighted.

At the moment I will wait until I get more posts on there and see if the members continue to grow before seeing if it's necessary to categorize posts and set up sub forums.

I'm also thinking about purchasing a domain, so that the forum has a unique web address.


Always worth getting a separate domain name. They are pretty cheap to buy and you can find cheap hosting too (don't go for the free hosting otherwise you will get adverts added all over the forum. Peter used to pay for his domain name etc. by his Google advert banner hence to reason he never had to ask for donations. Maybe an idea for you?
Thanks for your suggestion Notso, I am considering getting a domain name for the forum and want to get a proper banner sorted. At the moment it's still very early days and I'm waiting to see how things go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 25 Aug 2010
Last Visit: 20 Jul 2017
Posts: 3235
Topics: 54

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
I think you'll get a few more than 100.
Up to 121 members so far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 5728
Topics: 63
Location: DFS

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:
David R wrote:
I think you'll get a few more than 100.
Up to 121 members so far.

It's actually a quiet time of the year for forums......close season and all..
You just watch the numbers rise as the season picks up, opposition fans signing up.

It's a shame that CTFC.Net will be no more, but what a great way to clean up the membership of its non existent users??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 25 Aug 2010
Last Visit: 20 Jul 2017
Posts: 3235
Topics: 54

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
Alex BH wrote:
David R wrote:
I think you'll get a few more than 100.
Up to 121 members so far.

It's actually a quiet time of the year for forums......close season and all..
You just watch the numbers rise as the season picks up, opposition fans signing up.

It's a shame that CTFC.Net will be no more, but what a great way to clean up the membership of its non existent users??
I hope so armchair, I'm pleased with the progress so far in less than a week. I've also advertised the forum on the 'CRAWLEY TOWN FOR LIFE' Facebook group, which hopefully I will gain some members from.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 15160
Topics: 214
Location: The Parish of Rusper

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't work for me at... work, but you'll all be pleased to hear that I'm sure I'll sign up at home at some stage. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 25 Aug 2010
Last Visit: 20 Jul 2017
Posts: 3235
Topics: 54

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
It doesn't work for me at... work, but you'll all be pleased to hear that I'm sure I'll sign up at home at some stage. Wink
Ian, I have exactly the same problem, annoying as it is, it's probably karma for me for wasting work time Wink

P.s good to hear you'll be joining!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit