CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

** CTFC.net FORUM CLOSING **
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Announcements & suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im very sorry to learn of the forum closing its been a valuable virtually essential aid to following the club and I am sincerely grateful for Peter's dedication to enabling fans to come together here. It wont be the same without the forum. Its unthinkable that any football league club wont have a forym and im.sure an alternative will emerge. My hope is its as excellent embracing difference and diversity as here and that we dont see several forums like some clubs have. One of many strengths this forum had was bringing all Crawley fans together. For that a huge thanks to you Peter.

Last edited by Red, Red & Red on Fri May 12, 2017 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ashdown Red
First Team
First Team

Topics: 31

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be a big miss. Thanks Peter for all your efforts.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was discussing the forum vs Social-Media issue quite recently and the truth is that you cannot have a proper dialogue on Social-Media like you can on the forum... not sure that you can hold owners to account in the same way either, but hopefully that will no longer be an issue..

...IMHO Social-Media has taken a world of 7 billion people and reduced them to only 140 characters..!

ban

But all good things must come to an end, many thanks to Peter and best wishes for a well deserved peaceful time.
Redders
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rare poster but daily reader. Huge thanks to you Peter for keeping this our primary source of news going for 20 years. See you at The Broadfield next season. Enjoy your summer.
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peter for your efforts in keeping the forum active for all these years.

It will be a great shame to not be able to use it anymore 😔.

All the best for the future.

Ben
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peter a great forum. How will the club be able to read what the fans think and when to sack the next manager now?

Great effort over the years see you next season
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter you have made my wife very happy.The amount of times she has said " Are you on that bloody Crawley Town site again, it's not norma"l. It has become a habit over the years to log in and have a read and post in threads. I just hope any new forum is set up the way this one is.To many other forums are messy and not user friendly like ctfc.net.
A lot of people will only realise how good this forum was when it's gone.
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to extend my extreme gratitude to you Peter. This has been a great forum. All the forum followers might not be able to agree on many things, but the one thing we can all agree on is the quality and selfless hard work you have put into running it. It has provided entertainment, and on many occasions news from the club before any official announcement. In fact over the years I have come to believe that no announcement is official until Thad has posted it on this very forum. All of us "old timers" have followed the club through thick and thin. However, the enjoyment would not have been complete with out this forum to accompany the club's peaks and troughs.

It only leaves me to thank you again. wish you a speedy recovery and many more happy years of football.

One final point. With regard to revealing my real identity. I daren't!
paul50
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peter!
nemo
Coach
Coach

Topics: 81

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your efforts over the last 20 years Peter - you've been a star!

I'm going through some treatment myself at the moment and know full well how it can change your life priorities so I wish you well with your recovery and for the future.

Brian
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to echo the thoughts of those above me and say that I have very much enjoyed using this forum. Like Lee said, the layout of this site is very good, I appreciate the simple and user friendly format of this site. Checking this site daily has become a habit of mine and I too use this forum as my source for all news on CTFC. The layout and usability of this forum has made it one of the best fans forums. I also think the tone of this forum has been generally good, most users are made to feel welcome and there isn't lots of angry ranting and personal attacks such as on other forums.

I would also like to take this opportunity to invite people to join a new forum I have set up http://ctfcfansforum.freeforums.net/

I appreciate that it needs fine tuning and I am open to hear suggestions, at this stage it's just been something I made late at night last night so I will wait and see what the response is first and take it from there.

Alex
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all the hard work. It's been a lot of fun for us and, I don't doubt, a lot of aggro for you over the years.

See you at the ground.

Jim Baker
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peter....maybe you should take a break, a cruise or something Very Happy
Damo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Peter. This board has provided information, entertainment and annoyance for me over the last 10 years (though mostly the first two!), and I've thoroughly enjoyed using it. Thanks for having me!
revsie
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your hard work Peter.

I haven't​ had many posts but have been reading this forum for the past few years and it has become a daily visit.

I moved away from Crawley almost 5 years ago and this has been the best way to keep up with what's going on at the club.

I do miss the match days but the gossip here is almost as good, maybe better after hearing about the games over the last couple of months.

Thanks again Peter.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Announcements & suggestions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: