CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Nice work, if you can get it..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sons FC
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
Sons FC wrote:
I think you have misunderstood the point.

I was comparing the solidarity payment with money raised by the club through the gate. To make any meaningful comparison (and this is of course subject to a number of variables) you have to compare like for like, so I have compared the gross amounts.

Whilst the solidarity payment is gross, the 'ticket on the gate' must have the VAT deducted as that portion never belongs to the club.

Remember the club is a tax collector for HMRC.....

That is not in dispute Phil but the solidarity payment, as income, will be subject to Corporation Tax, which never belongs to the club, etc.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sons FC wrote:
Phil T wrote:
Sons FC wrote:

I was comparing the solidarity payment with money raised by the club through the gate. To make any meaningful comparison (and this is of course subject to a number of variables) you have to compare like for like, so I have compared the gross amounts.

Whilst the solidarity payment is gross, the 'ticket on the gate' must have the VAT deducted as that portion never belongs to the club.

That is not in dispute Phil but the solidarity payment, as income, will be subject to Corporation Tax, which never belongs to the club, etc.

Corporation tax is only on profits, not revenue.
Sons FC
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
Sons FC wrote:
Phil T wrote:
Sons FC wrote:

I know. This is still not the point - like your point in VAT where you deduct the whole of the VAT from the income rather than the VAT balance.

My point remains that the solidarity payment will not be as much as Crawley Town take through the gate.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sons FC wrote:
Phil T wrote:
Sons FC wrote:
Phil T wrote:
Sons FC wrote:

I know. This is still not the point - like your point in VAT where you deduct the whole of the VAT from the income rather than the VAT balance.

My point remains that the solidarity payment will not be as much as Crawley Town take through the gate.

Methinks you are not an accountant........
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sons FC wrote:

Your logic is flawed then.

Your average ticket of 17 is only 14.15 to the club as the VAT has to be paid regardless. So 14.15 is effectively the gross amount as it is the maximum the club will ever see.

However the solidarity payment is 100% income, you only pay corporation tax if the company makes a profit. No profit = no tax. How many years in the last decade do you think Crawley Town has made a profit?
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sons FC wrote:

Not convinced. If you take 11 as being the average ticket price when you include STs, kids, free tickets, concessions etc that is 9.16 plus VAT.

9.16 x 2412 x 23 = 508,000. Hardly anything in it. Particularly next year when we will lose two of our biggest gates (Pompey and Plymouth) and gain Lincoln and FGR.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sons FC wrote:

I think you have misunderstood.

To say our average ticket price is 17, when the TOP PRICE for standing is less than that is, at best, naive. At worst, It's Diane Abbott level maths. Nothing to do with gross or net of VAT.

The club have previously stated the average ticket price to be around the 8/9 mark (remember the cheapest ticket is a quid!) so to make any meaningful comparison, you must start with a meaningful (and correct!) figure.

Ian
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Sons FC wrote:

To say our average ticket price is 17, when the TOP PRICE for standing is less than that is, at best, naive. At worst, It's Diane Abbott level maths. Nothing to do with gross or net of VAT.

The club have previously stated the average ticket price to be around the 8/9 mark (remember the cheapest ticket is a quid!) so to make any meaningful comparison, you must start with a meaningful (and correct!) figure.

Ian

This is an annual subject isn't it.
It always ends up with the same answers too doesn't it.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
Ian wrote:
Sons FC wrote:

Ian

This is an annual subject isn't it.
It always ends up with the same answers too doesn't it.

The average ticket cost is, and it does. Yes.

I see we've started out on fans travelling to London on another thread too Laughing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: