CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Nice work, if you can get it..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Nice work, if you can get it.. Reply with quote

Well I tried... anyone recall that a coupla seasons back I sat at a home match amongst the entourage of the agent of a certain Mr. Pogba... okay it was Mattias Pogba, but the fella also represented his brother Paul.

So I offered my services to assist in any aspect of the business and he seemed very interested, yet somehow he never called me back, maybe he lost my number...?

He might just be regretting it now... FIFA demands info on Manchester United’s £89.3 million Paul Pogba transfer after explosive details of the deal leaked...

Crying or Very sad
2oo2Red
Coach
Coach

Topics: 62

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Premier League have now threatened Accrington Stanley saying they will withdrawal the funding the premier league give them. That's in response to the critism the Accrington Chairman said publicly of this transfer & the general pit of control sums paid.

http://bbc.in/2q3iKS2
Sons FC
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2oo2Red wrote:
The Premier League have now threatened Accrington Stanley saying they will withdrawal the funding the premier league give them. That's in response to the critism the Accrington Chairman said publicly of this transfer & the general pit of control sums paid.

http://bbc.in/2q3iKS2

So the EPL's response is threats and pontificating.

Personally I think the EPL has done a tremendous job promoting their league in global terms and attracting such huge TV revenues (I wish the Scottish league could do the same - Scotland receives the lowest TV revenue in Europe - yes, including Luxembourg!) but the solidarity payments for leagues one and two represent less than 0.5% of the EPL TV revenue.

There are many individual agents who earn more each year than the total for these leagues.

Last edited by Sons FC on Wed May 10, 2017 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sussex Boy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think most lower league fans agree with what the Accrington chairman said and yes more of the money needs to filter down more
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've gotta ask who precisely an agent is meant to represent.. the player, the selling club, the buying club.. cos it really looks like they are most intent on creating a great deal for themselves, which all of the other parties can fund.
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sussex Boy wrote:
Think most lower league fans agree with what the Accrington chairman said and yes more of the money needs to filter down more

But they are under no obligation to do so.It's a bit like yourself- you can donate to charity if you choose to do so but you might not.

The EPL "earn" the money they receive through their TV deals. They are welcome to spend it however they decide. I suspect that were they to give more to lower league clubs it would just hike the wages of the players ratehr than be invested in infrastructure
Sussex Boy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant wrote:
Sussex Boy wrote:

But they are under no obligation to do so.It's a bit like yourself- you can donate to charity if you choose to do so but you might not.

The EPL "earn" the money they receive through their TV deals. They are welcome to spend it however they decide. I suspect that were they to give more to lower league clubs it would just hike the wages of the players ratehr than be invested in infrastructure

I know they don't have to. But its not ok for the game that the top clubs get richer and richer and every other club struggles.

But that's just the way it is. As i said many times before.....money ruined football.....(just my opinion tho)
Red Army
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shocked to know that we get nearly half a million quid from the Premier League. That's probably more than we get in gate money all season, so relative to our turnover it is actually quite a big amount.
Sons FC
Trainee
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Army wrote:
I'm shocked to know that we get nearly half a million quid from the Premier League. That's probably more than we get in gate money all season, so relative to our turnover it is actually quite a big amount.

It is unlikely to be more than the gate money.

Our average attendance this season was 2,412. If we assume an average of £17 per person, then the season's total would be just under £1 million, excluding any home cup games and friendlies, comfortably more than the solidarity payment (which is still very welcome of course).
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sons FC wrote:
Red Army wrote:

Our average attendance this season was 2,412. If we assume an average of £17 per person, then the season's total would be just under £1 million, excluding any home cup games and friendlies, comfortably more than the solidarity payment (which is still very welcome of course).

£17 per person is unlikely. Season ticket holders pay lower (often significantly) which brings the figure down, also youngsters pay less.

Then you need to lose 20% for VAT which is not keep by the club. A £17 ticket is £14.15 plus VAT.

I agree net income is likely to be more but maybe not that much more.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A terrace season ticket, net of vat, works out at £10.50 per game.

Plus there will be 2 free games per season ticket per season, so for every 11.5 season tickets sold there is a free person for the season. (Assuming these get used.)
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sons FC wrote:
Red Army wrote:

Adult Standing is £16. To assume an average of £17 is just Abbott! Very Happy

Did the club not say once that the average was around £8/£9?
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Sons FC wrote:
Red Army wrote:

Adult Standing is £16. To assume an average of £17 is just Abbott! Very Happy

Did the club not say once that the average was around £8/£9?

That sounds about right, Ian. My guess was a tenner.
Sons FC
Trainee
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have misunderstood the point.

I was comparing the solidarity payment with money raised by the club through the gate. To make any meaningful comparison (and this is of course subject to a number of variables) you have to compare like for like, so I have compared the gross amounts.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sons FC wrote:
I think you have misunderstood the point.

I was comparing the solidarity payment with money raised by the club through the gate. To make any meaningful comparison (and this is of course subject to a number of variables) you have to compare like for like, so I have compared the gross amounts.

Whilst the solidarity payment is gross, the 'ticket on the gate' must have the VAT deducted as that portion never belongs to the club.

Remember the club is a tax collector for HMRC.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: