CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Should Dermot go...?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mickyboy
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 45

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Should Dermot go...? Reply with quote

Who would be a replacement ( or improvement)

my preference would be Steve Evans,
2oo2Red
Coach
Coach

Topics: 62

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any other manager out there that would want to come to Crawley who are already in a job that are considerably better than Dermot? No.

Will we get a flurry of managers applying for the managers job if we did for instance sack Drummy? yes. Better than Dermot? Probably not because they're out of a job.

Makes no sense to sack Dermot when we wont have anyone considerably better to come in.

This country is full of Managers who blag a professional career at a lower league level (Yates, Barker) do we want one of those again?
mickyboy
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your reasoning is sound- I fully expect DD to tough it out again next season

hopefully he will ship out the underperformers
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We sacked Yates and Drummy on bigger budget and more resources is leading us to a worse finishing position than Yates.

Our record since 1st Jan is dire and would see us certain for relegation. My concern is we are asked to buy into this concept that Drummy next year with largley the same squad will turn us around. Ok why hasnt he shown any signs of turning things around in the last 18 games and why will next year be any different ?

He has to go in my view he hasnt delivered or improved the team.
Red Army
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been done to death but why on earth would Steve Evans come back here? Living in a dream world.
mickyboy
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better than reality
ElTel
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
We sacked Yates and Drummy on bigger budget and more resources is leading us to a worse finishing position than Yates.

Our record since 1st Jan is dire and would see us certain for relegation. My concern is we are asked to buy into this concept that Drummy next year with largley the same squad will turn us around. Ok why hasnt he shown any signs of turning things around in the last 18 games and why will next year be any different ?

He has to go in my view he hasnt delivered or improved the team.
Hard to argue with your comments but there seem to be plenty on here that think all will put right next season personally I'm far from convinced.
trev
First Team
First Team

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If DD loses many more games his wish of being here next year might be taken out of his hands. His run of performances must be pushing the owner to breaking point because he sacked Yates for ending the year on a string of losses.
What might save him is that the budget wont run to paying him off.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All depends what Mr Eren expected from DD this season.He obviously had targets that needed achieving and a final position in the league that was acceptable to him.I doubt he is very happy with what's happened though because frankly it's been a horror show.
Does Mr Eren still have the confidence in DD that was there when he brought him in from Chelsea.?If the doubts are creeping in then DD could very well be history in a few weeks.He could of course be content with how the season has gone and sees progress being made.Doubt it though.
TownMeadLeftover
First Team
First Team

Topics: 17

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickyboy wrote:
Better than reality

thumbright
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have no input as to the employment status of Dermot Drummy.

Our owner will judge if Dermot Drummy has fulfilled the expectations given to him when he was appointed. As far as I can tell few, if any, on this forum know exactly which aims and expectations were set for the manager. We, therefore cannot judge if he has fulfilled them.

WE CAN GUESS

If his remit was to keep the team up he has almost succeeded.

I suspect the remit was to keep the team up and prepare for the academy to begin again. Once again he may be close to success.

I have concerns! It does concern me that the players appear to have stopped playing for him. It does concern me that the attempt to play passing and attractive football seems to have been jettisoned. It does concern me that many at the ground are complaining about being bored by the football.

After the five goal thrashing at Yeovil I was almost convinced he should be sacked but if we do have one of the lowest budgets, if we are concentrating on a future academy and if he has fulfilled the aims set out by the owner then no Dermot Drummy should not be sacked.

Jim Baker
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give him until at least half way through next season and if we are still playing the same terrible football and results are still as poor then he needs to go.

I don't think we'll get anywhere chopping and changing managers all the time, such is the culture these days, but equally there's no point keeping somebody who isn't showing any signs of improving the team and is losing supporters when we have a small fanbase as it is.

I want us to be challenging at the top every year, but I know that's not possible, I want us to show improvement and get better every year, at the moment Drummy is not doing that.

We've showed some flashes of passing football and certain players like Enzio and Clifford have shown flashes of skill and great promise, but as the season has worn on we've got worse and worse and seem to be heading backwards.

Give Drummy until at least half way through next season and if we're still on this downward curve and we're playing the same defensive, boring hoofball like under Yates then Drummy has to go.
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he should go unless he has overseen changes behind the scenes that we aren't privy to and may bare fruit

His attempts to play pure football have failed, as have his attempts to throw purity down the toilet and grind out results

I really want to like the bloke but there are horses for courses and he is no L2 manager. He seems to have nurturing qualities which are great for the "vision" but we need someone (and a team) that have the ability to fight for everything and anything when needed

The vision is flawed when we continually trip over the guide dog
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone really think Eren said to DD here is a clean slate and a budget increase not bothered if we do worse than last year just keep us up. ! It would be the approach of a loser which I doubt he is !

If Eren is keeping any eye on his investment he will see over the last four months -

DD has shown no passion in the face of overwhelming poor performance
DD has proven incapable of motivating the players with his relaxed style
DD has abandoned any semblence of a passing philosophy in Dec when it started to go wrong
DD shown himself in capable of turning round a run of form that would have got any other manager in the league sacked.
DD is showing loyalty to players who frankly have failed this year to perform in large part.
Cakeburner
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 692

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been critical of the DD regime but (assuming we stay up), i believe we have to stay with it until at least Xmas next season, if we're not at least safely in mid-table then i believe that will be the time for him to go.

However, i could throw another view into the ring ............ DD is only a stop-gap Manager until (a) the Youth Programme gets back into full swing & (b) the Manager they want becomes free .......... so who is the main individual they want to take the Club forward ???
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: