CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Next Season
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mickyboy
Squad member
Squad member


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Last Visit: 04 Oct 2017
Posts: 341
Topics: 45
Location: under the stairs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Next Season Reply with quote

IF we stay up, will things improve? I sruggle to think so - and I dare say if we go down, then we could drop straight through to National League South

I have hated the football seved up by Gregory's and his successors (if thay isn't an oxymoron)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John The Gas
Coach
Coach


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 Sep 2017
Posts: 1977
Topics: 85
Location: Sunny Horsham

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly my sentiment - I think Drummy said he had the nucleus of the squad on contracts for next season and only needed three or four signings?

If that's the case, then I have no doubt we will be relieved of our EFL status.


JTG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sulton111
First Team
First Team


Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Last Visit: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 1557
Topics: 30

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least 9 need to be shipped out and replaced 3 or 4 wont be enough

we need 3 players just for the LB and RB positions only Blackman is worth keeping and that for me would be backup

then you have our awful midfield other than Kaby, Smith and Cox i think they all need replacing as they are just not up to the job, consistancy in this league is key, well none of them are consistant enough


Forwards Collins is a must keep, no one else in these positions is good enough either

it could be a long summer, personally if Stevenage dont go up i would be looking at their squad who can really add a bit of steal to our midfield
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John The Gas
Coach
Coach


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 Sep 2017
Posts: 1977
Topics: 85
Location: Sunny Horsham

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:
at least 9 need to be shipped out and replaced 3 or 4 wont be enough

we need 3 players just for the LB and RB positions only Blackman is worth keeping and that for me would be backup

then you have our awful midfield other than Kaby, Smith and Cox i think they all need replacing as they are just not up to the job, consistancy in this league is key, well none of them are consistant enough


Forwards Collins is a must keep, no one else in these positions is good enough either

it could be a long summer, personally if Stevenage dont go up i would be looking at their squad who can really add a bit of steal to our midfield


Why would any Stevenage players want to come here,in all honesty?


JTG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crawley69
Coach
Coach


Joined: 02 Dec 2012
Last Visit: 19 Sep 2017
Posts: 2582
Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cox has done very little in his time Crawley . he is living off past exploits , Kaby and Smith are back up quality at best. We need a left back right back , central defender ( ideally a first choice that Connolly and McInerney can fight to partner) , two decent midfieldersv and a new striker to give Collins competiition.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mickyboy
Squad member
Squad member


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Last Visit: 04 Oct 2017
Posts: 341
Topics: 45
Location: under the stairs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all assumed a vertical mammary situation when Cox got into the team.Over rated and a wastw of space = unfit to wear the shirt?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simon
Manager
Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 12671
Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect Cox will be better next season with a full pre-season under his belt.

We do need some additions and competition for places throughout the team. Some of the more established players need to step it up as well. Connolly has been ordinary for me, Smith fading after a good first half season, Enzio one good game in 3 etc etc.

We do need to be thankful for Collins and Morris. Without those two we would be really struggling. If any other players get votes in POTY then I will really be scratching my head.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John The Gas
Coach
Coach


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 Sep 2017
Posts: 1977
Topics: 85
Location: Sunny Horsham

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
I suspect Cox will be better next season with a full pre-season under his belt.

We do need some additions and competition for places throughout the team. Some of the more established players need to step it up as well. Connolly has been ordinary for me, Smith fading after a good first half season, Enzio one good game in 3 etc etc.

We do need to be thankful for Collins and Morris. Without those two we would be really struggling. If any other players get votes in POTY then I will really be scratching my head.


Cox had a pre-season with Leyton Orient and then trained with us (and even had some game time at lowly Burgess Hill) so I'm not accepting that.

He's had eight months full-time training and he still doesn't look fit to me!


JTG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crawley69
Coach
Coach


Joined: 02 Dec 2012
Last Visit: 19 Sep 2017
Posts: 2582
Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Cox has mentally retired when he joined Crawley. He doesn't look like he wants to but the work in to get in shape chase back etc. He rushes over for free kicks and corners but that's about the only time you see any energy in him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simon
Manager
Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 12671
Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
Simon wrote:
I suspect Cox will be better next season with a full pre-season under his belt.

We do need some additions and competition for places throughout the team. Some of the more established players need to step it up as well. Connolly has been ordinary for me, Smith fading after a good first half season, Enzio one good game in 3 etc etc.

We do need to be thankful for Collins and Morris. Without those two we would be really struggling. If any other players get votes in POTY then I will really be scratching my head.


Cox had a pre-season with Leyton Orient and then trained with us (and even had some game time at lowly Burgess Hill) so I'm not accepting that.

He's had eight months full-time training and he still doesn't look fit to me!


JTG


He was out for 7 months with a cruciate injury, didn't have a full 90 minutes pre-season and only managed 90 mins once in 5 league games for Orient.

If you think game time at Burgess Hill is preparation for L1 then you need to get out a bit more.

I'm not sure being played wide left gets the best out of him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crawley69
Coach
Coach


Joined: 02 Dec 2012
Last Visit: 19 Sep 2017
Posts: 2582
Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His work rate is apalinh where would you suggest he play !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 15 Jul 2018
Posts: 11231
Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
John The Gas wrote:
Simon wrote:
I suspect Cox will be better next season with a full pre-season under his belt.

We do need some additions and competition for places throughout the team. Some of the more established players need to step it up as well. Connolly has been ordinary for me, Smith fading after a good first half season, Enzio one good game in 3 etc etc.

We do need to be thankful for Collins and Morris. Without those two we would be really struggling. If any other players get votes in POTY then I will really be scratching my head.


Cox had a pre-season with Leyton Orient and then trained with us (and even had some game time at lowly Burgess Hill) so I'm not accepting that.

He's had eight months full-time training and he still doesn't look fit to me!


JTG


He was out for 7 months with a cruciate injury, didn't have a full 90 minutes pre-season and only managed 90 mins once in 5 league games for Orient.

If you think game time at Burgess Hill is preparation for L1 then you need to get out a bit more.

I'm not sure being played wide left gets the best out of him.
cox best position is left back........in the changing room Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sulton111
First Team
First Team


Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Last Visit: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 1557
Topics: 30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:
at least 9 need to be shipped out and replaced 3 or 4 wont be enough

we need 3 players just for the LB and RB positions only Blackman is worth keeping and that for me would be backup

then you have our awful midfield other than Kaby, Smith and Cox i think they all need replacing as they are just not up to the job, consistancy in this league is key, well none of them are consistant enough


Forwards Collins is a must keep, no one else in these positions is good enough either

it could be a long summer, personally if Stevenage dont go up i would be looking at their squad who can really add a bit of steal to our midfield


Why would any Stevenage players want to come here,in all honesty?


JTG


why wouldn't they?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John The Gas
Coach
Coach


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 Sep 2017
Posts: 1977
Topics: 85
Location: Sunny Horsham

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:
John The Gas wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:
at least 9 need to be shipped out and replaced 3 or 4 wont be enough

we need 3 players just for the LB and RB positions only Blackman is worth keeping and that for me would be backup

then you have our awful midfield other than Kaby, Smith and Cox i think they all need replacing as they are just not up to the job, consistancy in this league is key, well none of them are consistant enough


Forwards Collins is a must keep, no one else in these positions is good enough either

it could be a long summer, personally if Stevenage dont go up i would be looking at their squad who can really add a bit of steal to our midfield


Why would any Stevenage players want to come here,in all honesty?


JTG


why wouldn't they?


Would you want to come and play in a team full of Losers?


JTG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 13 Jul 2017
Posts: 5443
Topics: 208
Location: Worth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:


If you think game time at Burgess Hill is preparation for L1 then you need to get out a bit more.


It's not even preparation for L2, let alone L1!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit