CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Majeed family tradegy
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Majeed family tradegy Reply with quote

I understand that the Majeeds have suffered a family bereavment and at such times - whatever issues i or others may have with them over the running of the club become unimportant - common humanity dictates that we should all unite in expressing our condolences and best wishes to the family at this most difficult time.
coach
Coach
Coach

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutly agree, do we know who it was?
DAN
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. While I hate what they've done to my club and desperately want them to leave as soon as possible, common civil decency and basic laws of humanity lead to me too to express my genuine sympathy and extend my best wishes to the Majeed family at this time.
Cola Boy
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 48

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Majeed family tradegy Reply with quote

thad wrote:
I understand that the Majeeds have suffered a family bereavment and at such times - whatever issues i or others may have with them over the running of the club become unimportant - common humanity dictates that we should all unite in expressing our condolences and best wishes to the family at this most difficult time.

Why are you mentioning this ?
Surely this is something private between the Majeeds family and friends ?
coach
Coach
Coach

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Majeed family tradegy Reply with quote

Cola Boy wrote:
thad wrote:

Surely this is something private between the Majeeds family a friends ?

Because there was a time mate when this club was like family and some of us care to remember it and behave like that. Rolling Eyes
Cola Boy
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Majeed family tradegy Reply with quote

coach wrote:
Cola Boy wrote:
thad wrote:

Surely this is something private between the Majeeds family a friends ?

Because there was a time mate when this club was like family and some of us care to remember it and behave like that. Rolling Eyes

Sorry but I think that broadcasting a bereavment on a fans forum, and I am guessing its without the permission of the Majeeds, is not the right thing to do !
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Majeed family tradegy Reply with quote

Cola Boy wrote:
Sorry but I think that broadcasting a bereavment on a fans forum, and I am guessing its without the permission of the Majeeds, is not the right thing to do !

My post stands on it's own merits... read it...

Yes it is a private matter - but as they are owners of the club it is unlikely to remain so...

But a more perceptive individual would also have realised that i was also subtly letting others know that they need to display a level of sensitivity in their comments at this particular moment.
Cola Boy
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Majeed family tradegy Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Cola Boy wrote:

My post stands on it's own merits... read it...

Yes it is a private matter - but as they are owners of the club it is unlikely to remain so...

But a more perceptive individual would also have realised that i was also subtly letting others know that they need to display a level of sensitivity in their comments at this particular moment.

Fair enough, however I still feel it is not your place to announce such things, especially without the permission of those close to the deceased.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Majeed family tradegy Reply with quote

Cola Boy wrote:
Fair enough, however I still feel it is not your place to announce such things, especially without the permission of those close to the deceased.

I disagree as there is a clear public interest for followers of the club.

I have deliberartely not announced the identity of the deceased as that is for the club or family to do as they see fit.

Last edited by thad on Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cakeburner
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 692

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Majeed family trajedy Reply with quote

lets not get into an argument about it though, eh ?

Will there be a minutes silence at tonights match ?
Cola Boy
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Majeed family tradegy Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Cola Boy wrote:

I disagree as there is a clear public interest for followers of the club

Surely it should only be of interest to those who are close to the family and the deceased?

This is no business of anybody elses but the Majeed family and friends.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Majeed family tradegy Reply with quote

Cola Boy wrote:
Surely it should only be of interest to those who are close to the family and the deceased?

But users of this forum still need to know why vitriolic comments about the Majeeds may be insensitive at this point, i have made efforts not to undermine any annoucement the family or club wish to make.
Tonyt
Coach
Coach

Topics: 107

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Majeed family tradegy Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Cola Boy wrote:

But users of this forum still need to know why vitriolic comments about the Majeeds may be insensitive at this point, i have made efforts not to undermine any annoucement the family or club wish to make.

Clearly the immediate family and close friends will think it is none of our concern.

However as you say it would have been most regretable for an unwitting comment to have been made at the moment.

Thank you Thad for your discretion in this matter in bringing it to our attention.

My sympathies and no doubt countless others are expressed to the family.

crawley
penelope pitstop
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Majeed family tradegy Reply with quote

Cola Boy wrote:
thad wrote:
Cola Boy wrote:

I disagree as there is a clear public interest for followers of the club

Not entirely true cola boy. It is very much a matter for both the courts where Anwar will be sentenced shortly and also for the FA in respect of the hearing.

Having had some considerable experience in family bereavements just before court hearings, I would expect the court to require sight of all relevent documentation. what the FA does of course is a law unto itself.
edgson
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Majeed family tradegy Reply with quote

penelope pitstop wrote:

Not entirely true cola boy. It is very much a matter for both the courts where Anwar will be sentenced shortly and also for the FA in respect of the hearing.

Having had some considerable experience in family bereavements just before court hearings, I would expect the court to require sight of all relevent documentation. what the FA does of course is a law unto itself.

And I thought I was cynical!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: