CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

SSC Final
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nemo
Coach
Coach

Topics: 81

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
nemo wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
Falmer village have dictated to Sx FA areas of ground open to use and falmer will use West stand and Crawley south stand. Complete bias for one set fans having nice side view others allocated corner/goal position ie Amex uses differnt category pricing and we are being treated third class for a 'neutral' final. Disgusting Twisted Evil

Oh good do we get the Red mood lighting like normal away fans to match their colours?
we get lower graded seating at same price based on every other amex game

Ah diddums
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemo wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
nemo wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
Falmer village have dictated to Sx FA areas of ground open to use and falmer will use West stand and Crawley south stand. Complete bias for one set fans having nice side view others allocated corner/goal position ie Amex uses differnt category pricing and we are being treated third class for a 'neutral' final. Disgusting Twisted Evil

Oh good do we get the Red mood lighting like normal away fans to match their colours?

Ah diddums
point im making arguably suggests bias and that falmer village dictate terms....a team in that final..
Imagine the fa cup final Chelsea telling wembley and opponents what part ground they can have allocated and so on. Will the ref be from falmer too?
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we honestly in the south stand??
nemo
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
nemo wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
nemo wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:

Ah diddums
point im making arguably suggests bias and that falmer village dictate terms....a team in that final..
Imagine the fa cup final Chelsea telling wembley and opponents what part ground they can have allocated and so on. Will the ref be from falmer too?

It wouldn't be the first time they've segregated the fans in the SSCF - just get a grip. You can sit in the West Stand if you want.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:

Is that an issue?
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:

Is that an issue?
Yes I would not wind up about this. Is it an issue well sum people might be happy with it I say it is an issue because its not neutral and gave an eg of |Chelsea dictating terms for the FA cup final (see above). If you watch any other game the pricing is categorised differently for different parts of the ground and the ones we have are cheapest and the ones falmer village have are the dearest top end. Its also presumsious you might add that they will have more fans than us though no doubt we will get the SE corner or so if we sell the initial allocation of 500. there are no neutral areas like in previous finals where all seats were west stand only. Im arguing its not equal in allocation as well as one team in final playing at home. I suppose it depends how much value you place on fairness and equality and so on.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:

Is that an issue?

I would say so.
It's the SSC, we are not the away side.
I much rather watching my football along the side line these days.
Why should our fans be segregated behind a goal.

I fully expected just the West Stand being open, with either side being designated one side of it.
I think sticking us in the designated away area of the stadium is a bit of an overkill.
That's my issue, and a reasoned one at that.

Will the Brighton lads gain a slight advantage by this?You bet.
nemo
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
Phil T wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:

Is that an issue?

I would say so.

I fully expected just the West Stand being open, with either side being designated one side of it.
I think sticking us in the designated away area of the stadium is a bit of an overkill.

Nothing to see here - standard action when Brighton make it to final. What an absolute storm in a teacup! From my perspective it will be interesting to have a different perspective for once on the Amex instead of the West Stand
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemo wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:
Phil T wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:

Is that an issue?

I would say so.

Nothing to see here - standard action when Brighton make it to final. What an absolute storm in a teacup! From my perspective it will be interesting to have a different perspective for once on the Amex instead of the West Stand

Good.As long as you're ok.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
nemo wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:
Phil T wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:

Is that an issue?

I would say so.

exactly and clearly the Sussex FA aren't bothered so long as their suited and booted get a good view in the west stand and prawn and cucumber sandwiches what do they care? - they wont be sat in the South stand that's for sure! How the Sussex FA have allowed one of the competing sides in the final to dictate terms shows a complete bias. This is an opportunity to bring supporters together and I believe there has only really ever been friendly rivalry between the two sets of clubs yet segregating the two sets of club supporters in this way can only cause a rift.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
nemo wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:
Phil T wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:

Is that an issue?

I would say so.

Armchairfan, you are trustworthy and can answer a simple question. What is wrong with the South Stand from a supporters perspective? (Bearing in mind I know little about the Amex!)
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been to the Amex. Thinking of this from an organisational and stewarding perspective, I imagine that it would be easier to police if supporters are in adjacent stands rather than opposite ones - possibly easier to respond in an emergency. It may even allow the game to proceed with a lower number of stewards if they're spread less thinly.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:
nemo wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:
Phil T wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:

Is that an issue?

I would say so.

Armchairfan, you are trustworthy and can answer a simple question. What is wrong with the South Stand from a supporters perspective? (Bearing in mind I know little about the Amex!)

There is nothing wrong with it.
But it is the small, single tier stand behind the goal.
It's the away end at The Amex.

I bet the atmosphere in our end will be dead when we are attacking the North stand.

If we were along the side it would be oh so different.

And RRR is actually spot on.
Why should we pay the same as those in the West stand.A far superior view etc????
It's plain wrong as far as I can see.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTFC have an initial allocation of 500 tickets. What do falmer have? They could have 4,5,6 times that and be accomodated opposite like us behind the north stand goal. Theres no equality. Considering weve done them a favour playing their u23 at the Broadfield this is how the repay us Twisted Evil Furthermore when we played them.pre-seasons ie not just this pre-sesson was there any trouble? No. Did we have some fans mixed up sat together? Clearly yes. This is total overkill from the falmer village team. The view is inferior to that afforded to our opponents. What stinks is the way the Sussex FA are bending over backwards to suit one of the finalists AND themselves. Do we not have capability of slicing a few cucumbers at the Broadfield?
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surely if we sell the initial allocation of 500 they will open up another section?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: