CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Owner asks Crawley fans for patience...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Owner asks Crawley fans for patience... Reply with quote

Crawley Town: Owner Ziya Eren asks fans to stay patient after poor results
Quote:
"I would like our fans to be patient with the family." Eren said in a statement on the club website.

Good timing thumbleft

club website wrote:
Finally, a message to our fans. The fans are the voice and soul of the family. We would like the fans to understand that we are one and working altogether to achieve our desired targets. I would like our fans to be patient with the family. We are fighting relentlessly to be better. I believe we will finish the season positively and set up a foundation for an exciting season ahead. Crawley Town will make noise. Once again, I thank the whole family for all their support, hard work and dedication to the club.

Good message thumbleft
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the right way around?
Shouldn't we be asking him to have some patience with us?
Red Army
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another very impressively measured statement from Mr. Erin. I wish the majority Crawley fans had the perspective and level headidness to buy into his message as well.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Army wrote:
Another very impressively measured statement from Mr. Erin. I wish the majority Crawley fans had the perspective and level headidness to buy into his message as well.

I really like the message, I also think that over the season Drummy has done well... but I am losing patience at paying money to stand in the cold and watch my team lose timidly at home... if we have to lose than lets at least lose with a bit of adventure & pride.. in the sunshine..!
Damo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Army wrote:

I'm sure most 'level headed' Crawley supporters will judge things on the basis of the extent to which they feel they want to part with their hard earned to watch the team play at the moment, rather than a few rather obvious (but still welcome) words from the owner. Not knocking Mr Erin - it's good to hear from him. But my 'perspective' is that the last few home games have been as enjoyable as a visit to the dentist.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No substance in message. Hardly solution focussed and anything except hope and luck. Any refunds for undelivered prommises?
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
No substance in message. Hardly solution focussed and anything except hope and luck. Any refunds for undelivered prommises?

Promises..? I like the quiet understatement, makes a change from the overblown hype and hot-air that we've had before.

What he has stated is stick with it, cos it will get better, in the remaining matches this season too... that's a rallying cry to the fans...and the PLAYERS... and just about all I wanted to hear or could reasonably have asked for.

It is now down to the manager and players to deliver on it, but no question about what their employer has instructed them to produce.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:

Promises..? I like the quiet understatement, makes a change from the overblown hype and hot-air that we've had before.

What he has stated is stick with it, cos it will get better, in the remaining matches this season too... that's a rallying cry to the fans...and the PLAYERS... and just about all I wanted to hear or could reasonably have asked for.

It is now down to the manager and players to deliver on it, but no question about what their employer has instructed them to produce.
what gets better we arent going up or down? Its more hot air, face facts no guarantee no changes to back up the statement an empty promise of something better what exactly our season is over
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He must be very dissappointed that the average crowd hasn't increased by much and with the season in danger of pettering out if we could sneak a few wins then the financial reserves must be getting thinner.

Next seasons target must at the very least to produce more edge of the seat games not the library type of games of recent months.
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was well worded, and as alluded to above, was aimed at both the supporters and the footballing staff
He is clearly no fool and despite his "cuddly" representation i suspect he is a very hard-nosed, but balanced, man who will not tolerate nonsense or blatant underachievement
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hickmott Senior wrote:
I thought it was well worded, and as alluded to above, was aimed at both the supporters and the footballing staff
He is clearly no fool and despite his "cuddly" representation i suspect he is a very hard-nosed, but balanced, man who will not tolerate nonsense or blatant underachievement
maybe the invisible man rates reaching Sx Snr Cup final a little higher than others might? As i dont recall any mention of league pisituin around past season being an achievement.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
maybe the invisible man rates reaching Sx Snr Cup final a little higher than others might? As i dont recall any mention of league pisituin around past season being an achievement.

You'd have been the first in line to criticise if we had not made the SSC final.

Okay.. you call him the invisible man then he issues a public statement... and you are still not happy... go on then... use your famed literary dexterity and talented articulation to inform us precisely what he should have published..?

dontknow
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't expect fans to turn up and pay to watch what we have been serving up since Christmas.

Portsmouth game was a chance to hook some and DD sent a team out with 10 at the back and the most negative scared and uninspiring tactics a manager could create. The team looked like they had been fed sedatives.

Took a three casual supporters to that game and they won't be back. Someone needs to put some passion into the team.
Damo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
You can't expect fans to turn up and pay to watch what we have been serving up since Christmas.

In a nutshell.....
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Took a three casual supporters to that game and they won't be back. Someone needs to put some passion into the team.

Never mind about casual supporters... I think you have expressed it better than most, that regular supporters are struggling with the tepid way that we have rolled over at home.

But in fairness, the owner's statement does spell it out that it has been unacceptable and does cry out for a spot more passion.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: