CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

The summer ahead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren wrote:
From what I've seen from us this season, I think we have a decent enough nucleus, it's just the depth and options that we really lack.

We've obviously got a few tied down to contracts for next season already, which is pleasing, as in the past we've *beep* about with the renewals.

Pretty much agree apart from Clifford and Yorwerth.

Lelan has a contract for next season already I think.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of contracts, some old boys may remember the time when back in the Doc Martens, by virtue of being in the SSC final, player contracts had to have an extension added as previously they terminated at the conclusion of league games..?

Shocked
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren wrote:
From what I've seen from us this season, I think we have a decent enough nucleus, it's just the depth and options that we really lack.

We've obviously got a few tied down to contracts for next season already, which is pleasing, as in the past we've *beep* about with the renewals.

Keep:
Morris - signed.
Young - got a contract when he was *beep*, has improved this season IMO.
Payne - keeps things ticking over from the games I've seen this season.
Connolly - under contract.
Boldewijn - first season in a new country was going to be difficult.
Smith - under contract.
Yorwerth - his versatility comes in useful. Decent on his day and has potential still.
Collins - under contract.
McNerney - signed.
Kaby - impressed whenever I've seen him, should be in the XI more?
Cox - not seen him yet but maybe needs a big pre-season in the summer, judging by the highlights I've watched.

Get rid:
Mersin - try and 'mutually terminate' his contract.
Garnett - see Mersin.
Lelan - Not seen him, but reports suggest he's *beep* and keeps giving away penalties. There was a reason he was without a club for half a season.
Henderson - looks great hitting the ball about when you're 4-0 up, unfortunately for us, that never happens.
Watt - is he still with us?
Bawling - runs about but has no technical quality.
Taj - (on way out anyway, surely?)
Blackman - accident waiting to happen. There must surely be better out there.
Arthur (on way out anyway, surely?)
Banton (on way out anyway, surely?)
Clifford - never seen him do anything. Luxury player IMO.

The jury's out:
Harrold - A useful option if fit, it's just keeping him fit. Expect a similar situation to Oyebanjo last summer.
Roberts - Looked good in pre-season and first month of the season, picked up and injury and has flickered in and out since.
Murphy - loan will be up and no idea on the length of contract.

So ten to go in total, which should free up a decent chunk of the budget. Think that's covered all the squad.

Agree with most of that. You can actually get a reasonable 4-4-2 line up out of the ones you would definitely keep. Yorwerth at LB, Cox up front in the no. 10 role.

Of your get rids, I would keep Bobson, always gives 100% and will improve, and surprising myself here, Clifford. I think he could really kick on next season if given the chance.

Of the jury's out trio, I'd keep all three. I hope we can sign Murphy, and maybe offer a short term deal to Harrold (monthly or pay as you play contract) and give him every chance to get fit. Roberts is good IMO.

Hopefully we will have enough budget freed up for three or four new signings to help us push on to the giddy heights of mid table
Razz
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing opinions, I actually think Roberts is a match-winner, he really stood out at the start of the season but lost a bit after Wolves did a hatchet job on him... and since then we've never quite found the right role for him, but IMHO he is our player most likely to spook an opposition defence.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Funny thing opinions, I actually think Roberts is a match-winner, he really stood out at the start of the season but lost a bit after Wolves did a hatchet job on him... and since then we've never quite found the right role for him, but IMHO he is our player most likely to spook an opposition defence.
ok so handy 31st October but rest season no better or worse than the rest.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:

Er... no... I've actually stated quite categorically & unambiguously, that HE IS better than the rest in his ability to disrupt and open-up opposing defences.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:

Er... no... I've actually stated quite categorically & unambiguously, that HE IS better than the rest in his ability to disrupt and open-up opposing defences.

Quality, undoubtedly.

Sometimes I wonder about his motivation though. Although to be fair motivation isn't always shown by running around like a loony kicking anything that moves.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: