CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Dean Cox
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Dean Cox Reply with quote

Who, apart from Dean Cox, should feel embarrassed by the videos, press coverage, tweets and Facebook nonsense but himself, DD, CTFC and the Crawley Observer?
I am astounded
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cant blame DC for others hype. DC has though been a major disappointment. Maybe boring orient knew something when he departed we are slowly finding out.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He needs to shed a stone or two. Club needs to employ a fitness coach. Half f them look like they are on a pie diet.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
He needs to shed a stone or two. Club needs to employ a fitness coach. Half f them look like they are on a pie diet.
our coaching at the club has never been up to it only in the great Steve Evans days did we get anywhere near the professional level we need to be at
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all accounts he scored a couple of goals for Burgess Hill, or some such

Marvellous
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't he going to be the great savior? Hasn't set the world on fire, has he?
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hickmott Senior wrote:
By all accounts he scored a couple of goals for Burgess Hill, or some such

Marvellous

Indeed I saw him a few times at BH. Match practice yes, but they are 3 levels lower.

If I was Dean I would be getting my head down a bit now and cutting out the online stuff. Really in the last few games he has been a marginal figure when he should by now be match fit, and after all the hype I'm not sure he has really added much to the team.
Red Army
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's obviously got talent, and he was out out serious football for a long time waiting for the transfer to go through so perhaps it's no surprise he's not hit the ground running, in his defence!
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey had a ball-carrier of similar stature last night (Kyle Bennett who was once with us on a loan for a month) who showed how it should be done... constant menace, finding and making space, dangerous delivery and scored a goal too...

...however I'd make the point that he didn't have to waste too much energy tracking back..!
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean is a decent bloke he has time to chat to fans i believe he played ryman football for nothing he does not come across bigheaded and his crosssing of the ball has added sumthing however overall i feel he is a luxury we cant afford more than one. Right now we need a mix of athletic youngs and physical statu of McNerney.
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has shown flashes of quality, he's set up a few goals and clearly has a quality delivery on him. However, he really needs to give more to the team, he seems to coast in games, he did the same thing at Burgess Hill. He needs to get stuck in and affect the game more.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Dean Cox Reply with quote

Hickmott Senior wrote:
Who, apart from Dean Cox, should feel embarrassed by the videos, press coverage, tweets and Facebook nonsense but himself, DD, CTFC and the Crawley Observer?
I am astounded

Can you clarify what you mean here, as I (and I'm sure others) don't use Twitter and keep Facebook usage to keeping in touch with friends.

Who has been posting and what sort of content?
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember being totally slated when I dare write that his arrival at the club may be too late to help the club. To be honest his arrival has made next to no effect. He is clearly not match fit and he has little or no pace. We have seen no wonder free kicks but to his his credit he can take some corners...

I Hooe he gets himself fully fit for next season and we see a bit more of his ability..
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuesday there was a few prime opportunities when he was one-on-one with the defender an chose to pass of cut back. He doesn't seem to want to take people on. Bobson would.
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Dean Cox Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
Hickmott Senior wrote:
I am astounded

Can you clarify what you mean here, as I (and I'm sure others) don't use Twitter and keep Facebook usage to keeping in touch with friends.

Who has been posting and what sort of content?

It may be my own perception, but Dean Cox is presented by the Club's media channels with much regularity (Facebook page, video clips, official website etc) as well as in the local paper. I presume he doesn't participate under duress

While I have no axe to grind with him, and accept the views expressed that he is an engaging character, I think both he and the football club should reduce his prominence in the off-field department and look to raise it on the pitch. The hype around this player has been extraordinary, and given that he is most likely our best paid player I would suggest that he has failed to repay the investment in him in both financial and coverage terms.

The build-up was intense but since the "eagle has landed" there has been little to get too excited about

I really think it is time that the player let his feet do the talking. I really hope he comes good for us and delivers on what we've been promised
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: