CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Portsmouth matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
Pompey were the better side. Better players, better tactics, just better.

Our players didn't stop trying and you couldn't fault the effort but when we play the better sides we are found wanting.

I'm a long way away from the goals but the first looked like a free header in the middle of the box from a corner so something has gone wrong there. The second was a great strike from the left winger after he embarrassed Lelan (again).

Jim Baker

I could certainly fault the effort of Enzio because as far as I could see there wasn't any? It almost feels like a repeat of last year, probably not going down, no chance of going up and the football has become stale and insipid. It's great that we have (hopefully) survived another year in the league but my god it's getting hard to enjoy watching what's happening on the pitch.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadfield Dave wrote:
Seemed to be a lot of Pompey fans in with the home fans in the East Stand. Some fairly unsavoury scenes when they scored. I don't mind away fans stealthily going in with the home ones assuming there's enough seats (and let's face it, there's usually more than enough) and they're decent enough to keep themselves to themselves, but don't start singing and banging seats and getting in the faces of the home crowd. Could have gotten nasty if there hadn't been kids about. I came very close to launching my coffee at them, but my aim is terrible and coffee isn't cheap.

Credit to the fans who had the sense to go in the away end though, they were loud and proud all night. Quite something when you think not that long ago they were in the Premier League, winning the FA Cup and playing AC Milan in Europe, and tonight they celebrated a laboured win over a very poor Crawley Town side like it was the Champions League final. Fair play. Wish our fans had that kind of passion.

As for the game, we were *beep*.

Was there an incident in Redz before the game by the way? When I was going in the stewards were all patting themselves on the back for dealing with what I assume was a full blown riot from what they were saying (I figure they may have been overplaying it).
That's the best admiration of non alcoholic drinks I think ive heard from the Broadfield Wink As for the 5cum getting in the faces of home supporters I would like to know where were the Stewards? Police? The club pay them to do a job and on your report here it seems they failed to do just that!
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:
I agree, really bad to concede that first goal straight after the penalty save.I felt for Morris there as it was a free header.

I quite enjoyed the evening though, with that being the largest HOME crowd I've been in at the Broadfield.Portsmouths fans were quite superb in all honesty.......that's how you support your football club!!!

The irony in me being sat in amongst a group of around 30 Portsmouth fans in block E of the east stand.Thanks for that CTFC.
By the way, they were a decent bunch and were there for one thing.To support their team, nothing more, nothing less.
I never heard an expletive from any of them, let alone anything else.
I had a good chat with a few of them both prior to and during the game.

Then guess what happens in the 75th minute?

Two stewards come marching up telling them they had to go!!!!
They didn't want to go, obviously.
Myself and a couple of others told/asked the stewards to leave them alone.I honestly think the stewards could have caused an issue which really wasn't necessary but maybe they have to do these things...it seemed daft to me so late on.

Oh well, we ain't going up, we ain't going down so move on I suppose.
away fans in the home section is wrong always will be and its disgraceful and they should've been thrown out the second it was known. in fairness I think the club did what they could in trying to avoid away followers in the home sections but really I think the po9lice could've been involved and used here to eject those in breach of ground regulations. Were the Stewards slow to react seems so given the timing was it necessary to act absolutely. That's what segregation is about. Zero tolerance on abusing it.

The stewards timing was baffling RRR.
You remove opposition fans to alleviate the potential for trouble.
But does there come a point when your actions could actually contribute to some disorder???Thats my point.
Trust me, I've read up on this very subject and do have some first hand experience.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:
I agree, really bad to concede that first goal straight after the penalty save.I felt for Morris there as it was a free header.

I quite enjoyed the evening though, with that being the largest HOME crowd I've been in at the Broadfield.Portsmouths fans were quite superb in all honesty.......that's how you support your football club!!!

The irony in me being sat in amongst a group of around 30 Portsmouth fans in block E of the east stand.Thanks for that CTFC.
By the way, they were a decent bunch and were there for one thing.To support their team, nothing more, nothing less.
I never heard an expletive from any of them, let alone anything else.
I had a good chat with a few of them both prior to and during the game.

Myself and a couple of others told/asked the stewards to leave them alone.I honestly think the stewards could have caused an issue which really wasn't necessary but maybe they have to do these things...it seemed daft to me so late on.

Oh well, we ain't going up, we ain't going down so move on I suppose.
away fans in the home section is wrong always will be and its disgraceful and they should've been thrown out the second it was known. in fairness I think the club did what they could in trying to avoid away followers in the home sections but really I think the po9lice could've been involved and used here to eject those in breach of ground regulations. Were the Stewards slow to react seems so given the timing was it necessary to act absolutely. That's what segregation is about. Zero tolerance on abusing it.

The stewards timing was baffling RRR.
You remove opposition fans to alleviate the potential for trouble.
But does there come a point when your actions could actually contribute to some disorder???Thats my point.
Trust me, I've read up on this very subject and do have some first hand experience.
I think you make a fair point Armchair but I also believe I do too. Its tricky though if they didn't realise the people were away fans until so late in the day there is argument removing them then could cause disturbance but I counter argue their mere presence in the wrong section causes the disturbance. Of course the Stewards could've asked them to temper their actions language etc and remain close by but what sort of message does that send out to young supporters of the home side when they see away fans getting away with it. Its wrong pure and simple and I can only repeat always is.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highlights from tonight. You can see Stevens going over for the penalty before any contact is made.

http://www.skysports.com/watch.....portsmouth

Click to view this image at its original size
Click on the image to view it at its original size
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reasonably enjoyable game tonight..The last three games show how far we have to go before we can seriously compete in this league. I can't see half the team surviving if the play offs are the target next season..

Great support from the pompey fans..how they are a division 2 team God only knows..
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Highlights from tonight. You can see Stevens going over for the penalty before any contact is made.

http://www.skysports.com/watch.....portsmouth

Click to view this image at its original size
Click on the image to view it at its original size
that has Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad infuriated me ok Morris saved it but after that they scored when we switched and the ref was so close i assumed it was a certain penalty Shocked
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:
Reasonably enjoyable game tonight..The last three games show how far we have to go before we can seriously compete in this league. I can't see half the team surviving if the play offs are the target next season..

Great support from the pompey fans..how they are a division 2 team God only knows..
i didnt enjoy it and the support from the away following was disgusting language in home sections flare pitch invaders nothing id call great
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Drum my just described Crawleys performance as super and said he was really pleased. Is he talking the xxxx.

Think I am done for this season bored watching us most games last five home games have been as bad as I have seen. Four lame defeats and a very lucky nil nil.

No doubt I will be back next year but I am not paying 22 quid to watch the rubbish being served up week after week.

People like you are utterly clueless. It took us 115 years to reach the Football League. Enjoy it whilst it lasts. No sense of history whatsoever.

We were beaten by a better side with resources we can only dream of. Move on.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
Drum my just described Crawleys performance as super and said he was really pleased. Is he talking the xxxx.

Think I am done for this season bored watching us most games last five home games have been as bad as I have seen. Four lame defeats and a very lucky nil nil.

No doubt I will be back next year but I am not paying 22 quid to watch the rubbish being served up week after week.

People like you are utterly clueless. It took us 115 years to reach the Football League. Enjoy it whilst it lasts. No sense of history whatsoever.

We were beaten by a better side with resources we can only dream of. Move on.
" Im really proud" DD opened with about tonight Shocked " we went to sleep o the corner" too right we did all part of being proud of the team DD? "second half we played really well" Shocked Shocked "their crowd are having a party in our garden" why do you think that was DD? all something to be proud of? "I as really pleased with the game plan" surely thats a *beep* take? it gets better "I dont have to lift the team" Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Think I am done for this season

Thank *beep* for that. See ya later!
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
The second was a great strike from the left winger after he embarrassed Lelan (again).

Kyle Bennett... who was on loan with us a few seasons back.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose when playing a team with 10x our average support these things are likely to happen. Although to be fair they lost at home to Crewe last weekend.

Anyway that's 1 draw and 4 defeats in the last 5 home games. 3 scored and 9 conceded. With Crewe and Orient the next 2 visitors we need to change this or support will start to fade fast.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:

That's ridiculous ejecting them at that stage. I imagine their were rather more than those 30 with a supposed home support of about 3,000.
Red Army
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:

After last night's showing somehow I can't imagine Pompey fans saying the same as they were hurtling down from the PL to League 2 in the space of a few years - the equivalent of us ending up in the Ryman's Premier.

They wouldn't because they have got proper support unlike the wet wipes that we have following us.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: