CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Exeter City matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reigatered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid it was more of what it has been our misfortune to endure in recent months. Slow start, rigid formation (that was not working), and a general lack of drive, enthusiasm and desire. We only came to life when we were two down and briefly roused by Connelly's late goal.

Drummy, giving a passable impression of a mannequin stuck on the touchline, no animation or anger with what was unfolding. We seem to be constantly out thought by the opposition, and perpetuate stale tactics which demonstrably are not bearing fruit (like having Boldwijn and Cox stuck out in wide positions without really supporting, the now understandably flagging Collins), are persisted with to no tangible effect.

A general problem we have had all season is the gap between midfield and attack when going forward. Too many of our midfield players hang back and don't properly support the front men. We don't close teams down the way others do, and we have a real problem at left back where Blackman again was, in my view, very poor.

Only Connolly and McNerney had decent games, when we need seven or eight to be really firing. Its also very hard to watch. I suspect that we have not attracted any new fans all season because so many home games have produced limp and feeble performances.

Oddly recently, surprising away wins have lifted spirits and raised hope that a corner has been turned. After such events some on the forum even raise the prospect of the play offs. Is it not palpably obvious that we are not good enough. Always false dawns.
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 300

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
backofthenet wrote:
Sussex Boy wrote:
Oh well......

Least it was good to see Brighton *beep* things up. Half their fans showed their true colours by walking out when Newcastle scored.

Would love to see them not go up again

They always leave early for the park and ride buses and trains.

Are you being serious??
Real fans leave early, just to get in a queue for a bus??

Jesus Christ the mentality of the average fan has changed over the years.
I don't know about you, but going to a game was/is always the highlight of your week.
Why look forward to something, then clear off before the end just to get home 20 minutes earlier.

I could almost understand it if your team was three up or three down.
What a terrible state of affairs.

Now now Matthew, you know as well as I do what it's like to be stood in a queue with kids knowing you are there for an healthy amount of time, particularly when they should be getting their jim-jams on.

We left the Amex at 83mins on Saturday night and still had to wait 10mins for a train, although at least got to witness a punch-up, so not a complete waste of time after all. Harrison stated that was, in fact, his favourite part of the evening.

boxing
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 300

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally, for the doom merchants, our odds to be relegated before last night were around the 66/1 and 80/1 mark. This morning they're around the 80/1 and 100/1 mark, depending on where you go.

Relax.
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we did quite well in the first half, but then we were just so flat in the second.

The players have to take responsibility for this but again I thought there were some poor decisions by Drummy.

How Henderson is getting in ahead of Payne is beyond me and then when we go a goal down Kaby - the only vibrancy in midfield yesterday - gets hauled off but Mr Slow Motion Henderson stays on.

Collins looks utterly isolated on his own and is feeding off scraps. Credit to him for his work rate the goals he has scored because it's a struggle.

When Clifford came on for Cox we had zero width and I don't even think the players knew what formation they were playing. That said, Cox has not been great since he joined us. I was expecting more.

The two big lads at the back kept us going yesterday and Young was ok too. Blackman is a total liability on that form I would go three at the back with Yorwerth coming in for Blackman.

An uninspiring performance. Because we've got such a big gap to the drop zone the fight from some seems to be dwindling. We don't want another collapse like last season.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
Red Army wrote:
mustaphashot wrote:
The gate was 1826. Possibly something else to be concerned about. I can't see Orient or Newport escaping unless there is an absolute collapse around them and they improve significantly. Wow, the O's in the Conference. Who'd ever have thought it.

Disastrous that considering Exeter must have had about 350 odd? Then again three home games on the trot, cold night and I'm sure plenty will be saving their cash for Doncaster game and/or Portsmouth.
that and the entertaunment isnt there anymore (Some might argue it never was) we were so negative. If you left two minutes early you missed our ONLY positive moves. They particularly two up in second half had one upfront and we would have three defending him. Why? Its quickly slipping into past managers old habits that will keep the crowds down. The funs dissapearing. Sort it out owners after all you appointed DD!!

Would being a conference club again be so bad.
Changing ends at half time and the bar staying open all game would be two positives for a start.
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
Red Army wrote:
mustaphashot wrote:
The gate was 1826. Possibly something else to be concerned about. I can't see Orient or Newport escaping unless there is an absolute collapse around them and they improve significantly. Wow, the O's in the Conference. Who'd ever have thought it.

Disastrous that considering Exeter must have had about 350 odd? Then again three home games on the trot, cold night and I'm sure plenty will be saving their cash for Doncaster game and/or Portsmouth.
that and the entertaunment isnt there anymore (Some might argue it never was) we were so negative. If you left two minutes early you missed our ONLY positive moves. They particularly two up in second half had one upfront and we would have three defending him. Why? Its quickly slipping into past managers old habits that will keep the crowds down. The funs dissapearing. Sort it out owners after all you appointed DD!!

Changing ends at half time and the bar staying open all game would be two positives for a start.

The bar staying open all game would be great for you, Lee.

You don't like going anyway so it would save you the inconvenience for watching the club you 'support'.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
Red Army wrote:
mustaphashot wrote:

You don't like going anyway so it would save you the inconvenience for watching the club you 'support'.

Never said I was fan of the year Bich.
You are right though, at the moment and probably for the last couple of seasons I can't say I have particularly liked going.
Someone said earlier in this thread that lots of people are going just through loyalty alone because the football for the most part is poor and it's the loyalty that's holds them in.I know the new owners are trying to do the right things,but if I'm bored then I'm bored. I don't want to be, I want to have a buzz when it's football day but I'm just not.At half time yesterday in the redz bar it was an effort to drag myself out for the second half.I stuck it out till 78 minutes and the 2 others I was with just decided we'd seen enough and left.I would have preferred to stay in the redz bar and watch the match on the telly if it could be streamed live.Chatting in the pub and watching football at the same time with mates is very popular in this country,shame we can't have that option at Crawley as part of the admission or season ticket price.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil B wrote:
Sussex Boy wrote:
0-2 68 mins

Relegation battle looms

We are where we were before the game started - 13 pts above the relegation zone.

We are better off than when we started as Leyton Orient now have one less game in which to make up the gap.

Hope that helps.

I expect Mr B is just parodying the d1ckheads though Laughing
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadfield Dave wrote:
but the fact that less than 1500 home fans showed up tonight (I think)

Exactly 1500 (1826-326)
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Phil B wrote:
Sussex Boy wrote:
0-2 68 mins

Relegation battle looms

We are where we were before the game started - 13 pts above the relegation zone.

We are better off than when we started as Leyton Orient now have one less game in which to make up the gap.

Hope that helps.

I expect Mr B is just parodying the d1ckheads though Laughing

Plus their goal difference worsened by three compared to our two.

A good night in the end.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Broadfield Dave wrote:
but the fact that less than 1500 home fans showed up tonight (I think)

Exactly 1500 (1826-326)
most them probably sth and i know few them are finding it hard to stomach attending. Sorry to repeat an earlier comment but the funs gone. Ok confetence football be step back but actually we already play that std the league two this seadon is a shocking std and we and most teams in it wouldnt look out place in the confetence.
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
Red Army wrote:
mustaphashot wrote:

Never said I was fan of the year Bich.
You are right though, at the moment and probably for the last couple of seasons I can't say I have particularly liked going.
Someone said earlier in this thread that lots of people are going just through loyalty alone because the football for the most part is poor and it's the loyalty that's holds them in.I know the new owners are trying to do the right things,but if I'm bored then I'm bored. I don't want to be, I want to have a buzz when it's football day but I'm just not.At half time yesterday in the redz bar it was an effort to drag myself out for the second half.I stuck it out till 78 minutes and the 2 others I was with just decided we'd seen enough and left.I would have preferred to stay in the redz bar and watch the match on the telly if it could be streamed live.Chatting in the pub and watching football at the same time with mates is very popular in this country,shame we can't have that option at Crawley as part of the admission or season ticket price.

A reasoned comeback to my somewhat vitriolic first post.

In response to what you've put above - I just don't understand your experience. I don't really pay any attention to how good (or not) the game is, I'm just totally engrossed because it's my football club playing. I just don't understand how someone could leave early at 78 minutes when we're only two down. Anything could happen - and it almost did.

I went to yesterday's game knowing that almost certainly we won't make the play offs or get relegated but whilst both of those two things are an option I'm as captivated by the football on the park than if we were playing Brazil-like stuff at the top of the league.

I know all people are different but I think my experience watching Crawley is very different to yours.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fans can go whenever they want. I wouldnt as you never know what might happen. Its the pulling a tooth out watching paint dry experience seeing a manequin statue that i believe greatly and increasingly is annoying fans that arent enjoying the experience. Its a library again. I think many come to get away from the study the kitchen out of the lounge and into the ballroom. But give us a cludeo what the f... you are doing DD as its a complete mystery at times ....anyway my guess is it was Yates with the dagger of tactics in the changing room
Wink ....... right sorted anyone for Monopoly?
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It feels a bit three points forward, three points back at the moment... but interestingly the comments about Saturdays win mentioned such words as "spirit" & "fight"... why would those qualities suddenly disappear when we play at home... makes no sense whatsoever...?

scratch
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
It feels a bit three points forward, three points back at the moment... but interestingly the comments about Saturdays win mentioned such words as "spirit" & "fight"... why would those qualities suddenly disappear when we play at home... makes no sense whatsoever...?

scratch

The second half was flat as a pancake...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: