CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Exeter City matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

87 minutes of ho hum from us followed by five minutes of giving it a go.

To be honest I'm getting a bit fed up with the way our team fart *beep* about.

Jim Baker
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came so close to a totally, absolutely, ridiculously undeserved equaliser at the very death.

That was awful in the second half and we made it so easy for them

Some other results didn't go our way. It might not be time to panic but it's certainly getting a bit edgy

We were SO poor tonight
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Third triuely terrible home performance in a row a and its getting worse. We looked clueless and seemed to have no desire or fight. No better than we were under Yates to be frank.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stranded ooop narth and was piddled off to not be there... I had to suffer the Gillete Soccer Special... agony... looks like I'm gonna miss Saturday too... tell you what chaps, no matter how bad it is watching our lads live... it is far worse not being there..! Sad
allanp
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 43

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More possession but fewer shots than the opposition AS USUAL.

Why do we fart about in mid-field ?
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this standard of football just par for the course in league two? maybe my expectations are just to high.Its been numbingly boring 95% of the time.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We send our keeper forward for last few minutes and suddenly we looked almost positive. DD stood hands in pockets again maybe he is better at pocket billards than football. We ended with no shape which seemed to be really evident as we put subs on. A fat lady will be at the game Saturday and if she sings (unlike the BW yet again) bar a cameo Sx Snr Cup the season could be over. For such a poor std we are making hard work of simple things. No one stood out. Ok loud speakers said Joe but that mightve been a lucky dip.
2oo2Red
Coach
Coach

Topics: 62

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who in their mind pays to be totally bored?

Crawley fans.
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time next week we could gained 3 points out of 15...we are in a relegation fight with a third of the team totally unbothered..worrying times..
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:
This time next week we could gained 3 points out of 15...we are in a relegation fight with a third of the team totally unbothered..worrying times..

No closer to relegation after tonight and another game less for Orient and Newport to catch us with.

There are also six other teams closer to a relegation fight with those two than we are.
Broadfield Dave
First Team
First Team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd game that. First half I thought we were pretty good. Exeter looked very ordinary and I expected a draw at the very least. Problem was that Exeter came out in the second half and tried a bit, which has always been our achilles heel. Teams that try to beat us are the worst.

Two soft goals against and all of a sudden we revert back to the deer in the headlights that we were against Morecambe. A late rally made it worthwhile staying until the end, but the fact that less than 1500 home fans showed up tonight (I think) was more than just the cold and the Brighton game. Crawley aren't giving anyone any reason to come and watch them out of anything other than loyalty.

That said there were some decent individual performances tonight. Connolly and McNerney were good, Henderson had his best game I can remember for us (but that's not saying much), and Enzio showed a bit of thrust for the first time in a long time. The issue seems to be knitting it all together as a team.

Not expecting anything out of our next few games, but would like to see Drummy try something new. The midfield three of Smith, Kaby and Henderson clearly does not work in home games, and Collins is looking more isolated than Chuck Noland. Play Murphy with him from the start and drop Kaby. Play Payne and Smith as a two and allow Cox and Enzio to come inside more. It feels like watching a Subbuteo table at times seeing those two stick so rigidly to the wings.

Better needed from all concerned.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were poor, players expected to perform were quiet last night, but partly that was down to the pressure that Exeter put on us. Let's take nothing away from the away teams performance, they came to do a job and they did it.

We were mush better in the final few minutes, and almost looked like getting an undeserved equaliser.

As noted, too many players went missing. The movement we have shown in other games was lacking, even Collins wasn't chasing down like he usually does. But I won't pick out individuals to blame, it was most of the team. We were not moving into space to receive a pass, which made those on the ball look poor.

We got what we deserved, our highlight being the goal at the end, well taken by my MOM Connelly.
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gate was 1826. Possibly something else to be concerned about. I can't see Orient or Newport escaping unless there is an absolute collapse around them and they improve significantly. Wow, the O's in the Conference. Who'd ever have thought it.
Red Army
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
The gate was 1826. Possibly something else to be concerned about. I can't see Orient or Newport escaping unless there is an absolute collapse around them and they improve significantly. Wow, the O's in the Conference. Who'd ever have thought it.

Disastrous that considering Exeter must have had about 350 odd? Then again three home games on the trot, cold night and I'm sure plenty will be saving their cash for Doncaster game and/or Portsmouth.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Army wrote:
mustaphashot wrote:

Disastrous that considering Exeter must have had about 350 odd? Then again three home games on the trot, cold night and I'm sure plenty will be saving their cash for Doncaster game and/or Portsmouth.
that and the entertaunment isnt there anymore (Some might argue it never was) we were so negative. If you left two minutes early you missed our ONLY positive moves. They particularly two up in second half had one upfront and we would have three defending him. Why? Its quickly slipping into past managers old habits that will keep the crowds down. The funs dissapearing. Sort it out owners after all you appointed DD!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: