CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

pay at the turnstiles.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
Banned with alarming regularity? Why, Thad, it must be at least a month since you were last banned, and then a month before that.

I should be safe for a little while longer Mustapha... nothing too contentious herein unless they are very thin-skinned... they just need a quicker system, but they already know that, it was written all over the pained expressions of the poor sods manning the cabin...

...anyway it must be progress that the club are only prepared to *beep* off 7% of attendees ban
daz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A point which was pointed out by one person was that instead of going into reds for a pre match drink , they would now as previously have to allocate that time to queuing for a ticket.
Obviously I cant see into the future but I only saw the one both and there was 6 people in front of me and it took 10 minutes to get a ticket, when I left there was about 15 behind me so I guess they were there a bit longer.
So if was that was case for a number of people , that would be a lot of unseen lost revenue for the club.

Last edited by daz on Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
nemo
Coach
Coach

Topics: 81

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how having a cash only payments booth manned by two persons and printing match day tickets is actually saving on the administration of having a couple of cash turnstiles in operation with unprinted match day tickets.
Would assume the real reason is more likely to do with ensuring there is less chance of any fraud being perpetrated. Perhaps they've had some issues with the cash turnstiles? I don't know whether that's the case but it might explain why they've actually taken a step which seems to reduce customer service levels rather than improving them.
Sussex Boy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most fans accept that when going to a prem or championship game you will have to quee at a ticket office then quee to go through the turnstiles.

But at a League 2 game with a potential max crowd below 3000 you should be able to just turn up and pay cash.....
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you lot react, if you had to queue up in Reds to buy a voucher at one place, then you had to queue up at the bar to use that voucher to buy a beer ?

It sounds a similar thing dontknow
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has no one spotted that by not having cash only turnstiles there are more available for those who have tickets (93% of the attendees)?

This therefore reduces the queuing for all.

Wink
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
Has no one spotted that by not having cash only turnstiles there are more available for those who have tickets (93% of the attendees)?

Wink

I like your approach. Now 93% of fans have to queue up twice to get into the ground, rather than 7%. Top work Wink
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
Phil T wrote:

Wink

I like your approach. Now 93% of fans have to queue up twice to get into the ground, rather than 7%. Top work Wink

Well not really, as a good chunk of the crowd is made up of STHs and away fans, few of whom have to queue twice.

And in any case on your method wouldn't it be 100%?

In all seriousness I can't remember many away games even in L2 where cash is taken on the gate. I vaguely recall paying on the gate at Barnet, that may be the last one I went to.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are professional club now not non league and no cash at turnstile goes with territory of being professional
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 7% represents a huge slice of the target demographic you want to retain and grow... assuming it will remain at that level is flawed and defeatist planning... the technology needs to be able to quickly service the current demand and also cope as and when that demand grows...

...those guys in the cabin need to be asked if they think it is up to the challenge. Confused
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Club Shop & Ticket Office to also shut on Wednesdays -

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....84677.aspx
Cakeburner
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 692

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:

In all seriousness I can't remember many away games even in L2 where cash is taken on the gate. I vaguely recall paying on the gate at Barnet, that may be the last one I went to.

In all fairness how is that an argument with our away support ..... i mean you'd be REALLY unlucky to be caught in a queue of more than 30secs let alone 15minutes. Wink
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
Phil T wrote:

Wink

Pity your logic fails to stack up......... Laughing
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
How would you lot react, if you had to queue up in Reds to buy a voucher at one place, then you had to queue up at the bar to use that voucher to buy a beer ?

Also sounds like music events at Milton Keynes Bowl Laughing
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:

You had to suggest it, didn't you!

Seriously, this is a problem across lots of businesses now. The management have to be seen to manage and the only way to prove you are managing is to measure. Systems are brought in that allow you to measure what work is being carried out and by whom. This slows down the process and leads to complaints about lack of efficiency. The only solution to lack of efficiency is a reduction in numbers of employees which leads to redundancies, a drop in staff morale and an decrease in customer satisfaction (disgruntled staff taking longer to do the work) and therefore a drop in customers and revenue. Which means further efficiencies are sought which leads to.....Twisted Evil

Rant over.

Jim Baker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: