CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

A little more Non League...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather liked the way that chips (missing) barely got a mention

Quote:
and an excellent refreshment kiosk with really good burgers and bacon rolls (we will gloss over the missing chips as it would be wrong to make a big deal of it. That’s the MISSING CHIPS we’re glossing over).
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.juicebrighton.com/news/brighton-news/2091551/worthing-player-assaulted-game-abandoned/
County league match abandoned after 'supporter' allegedly ran on pitch and assaulted player Shocked
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 129

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
https://www.juicebrighton.com/news/brighton-news/2091551/worthing-player-assaulted-game-abandoned/
County league match abandoned after 'supporter' allegedly ran on pitch and assaulted player Shocked

I've now heard three different versions of this story. I'm not sure what to believe. I've spent lots of time with both sets of supporters and haven't previously noticed any idiots.

Perhaps it was a West Ham fan who thought he might have a better view of their match from Worthing... Wink
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....a-vase-q2/

The Queen likes us, she doesn't like you: Featuring East Preston, Tunbridge Wells, the FA Vase and a combustible Labrador...
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.townsendaround.co.u.....264-derby/

El Insectico! Wasps, Hornets and the A264 derby...featuring East Grinstead Town and Horsham FC.

A longer version of a report I wrote for the County Times.

If you don't like Non League, please look away now (although the thread title might have been a clue).
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Off the field, the future of Horsham FC is still uncertain. Due to be homeless again at the end of the season, the club, who have been sharing with Horsham YMCA for seven years, may struggle to find a place to play if the local authority don’t finally decide to change their approach and actually support their most successful team.

A revised planning application for a new ground, at Hop Oast on the edge of town next to the enormous white elephant of a park and ride scheme, was submitted in the summer.

Probably a daft question Ian, although the local authority appear to be the villains of the piece... I also recall that Horsham FC got a few million from Sunley Homes for the sale of their Queen Street patch... is there any of that left in the bank...?

dontknow
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Quote:
Off the field, the future of Horsham FC is still uncertain. Due to be homeless again at the end of the season, the club, who have been sharing with Horsham YMCA for seven years, may struggle to find a place to play if the local authority don’t finally decide to change their approach and actually support their most successful team.

A revised planning application for a new ground, at Hop Oast on the edge of town next to the enormous white elephant of a park and ride scheme, was submitted in the summer.

Probably a daft question Ian, although the local authority appear to be the villains of the piece... I also recall that Horsham FC got a few million from Sunley Homes for the sale of their Queen Street patch... is there any of that left in the bank...?

dontknow

Some of it was invested in a nearby sports and social club as the council led them to believe they'd be allowed to build a new ground on it...before deciding they couldn't.

But the club are still technically cash rich and asset poor.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lochislair wrote:
Some of it was invested in a nearby sports and social club as the council led them to believe they'd be allowed to build a new ground on it...before deciding they couldn't.

Ahhh yes, that is at Holbrook (the old Sun Alliance Sports & Social), presumably they still own that site...(?)
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
lochislair wrote:

Ahhh yes, that is at Holbrook (the old Sun Alliance Sports & Social), presumably they still own that site...(?)

They do...but the tenants have refused a new lease, and the club have applied to build houses on a small portion of the land. All Horsham fans have currently is uncertainty.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lochislair wrote:
thad wrote:
lochislair wrote:

They do...but the tenants have refused a new lease, and the club have applied to build houses on a small portion of the land. All Horsham fans have currently is uncertainty.

I wonder where the Holbrook club is going then. Do you know Ian? I'm no longer a member so don't get the info.
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
lochislair wrote:
thad wrote:
lochislair wrote:

I wonder where the Holbrook club is going then. Do you know Ian? I'm no longer a member so don't get the info.

Sadly Ian I don't. I'm not even sure why they turned down the 25 year lease offered. The information available is rather one sided.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lochislair wrote:
Sadly Ian I don't. I'm not even sure why they turned down the 25 year lease offered. The information available is rather one sided.

I'm wondering if HDC might have in mind to take over the Holbrook site for leisure & residential use, in return for the proposed development at Hop Oast...?

scratch

Gotta laugh, cos it is fairly apparent to anyone who has used the roads in the surrounding area in recent times, that Horsham District has expanded it's construction footprint & boundaries in a manner that Putin would admire... incorporating many greenfield sites... yet hasn't at that same time been able to find a home for the football club..!
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 300

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see our old friends at Wrexham had an FA Cup shocker last night.

Shame.
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:

Gotta laugh, cos it is fairly apparent to anyone who has used the roads in the surrounding area in recent times, that Horsham District has expanded it's construction footprint & boundaries in a manner that Putin would admire... incorporating many greenfield sites... yet hasn't at that same time been able to find a home for the football club..!

Sorry Thad, but that's entirely different. As we all know, it's only those nasty football supporters who will frighten the horses Shocked

(That was actually one of the complaints considered the last time the planning application was turned down. I didn't make it up.)
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lochislair wrote:
Ian wrote:
lochislair wrote:
thad wrote:
lochislair wrote:

I've done some digging. Horsham altered the lease terms.

Quote:
Background

When HFC last applied for planning permission (with Croudace) to build houses on the land at the far end of the Holbrook Club sports field,
we had agreed a lease with them (in 2013) to come into effect if both planning applications (at The Holbrook Club and at Hop Oast) were
successful.

Included in that lease was the provision of a £200k contribution from HFC towards The Holbrook Club (THC) maintenance fund. The primary
reason for this was acknowledgement from HFC that under the new lease THC would be taking on considerable maintenance obligations.

Unfortunately the planning applications referred to above were unsuccessful.

The current dispute

Years later, HFC are now in a position to submit planning applications for what is effectively a similar scheme to the one proposed
previously, albeit with some changes to the Hop Oast solution, as detailed in the County Times last week. Consequently, HFC entered
into fresh negotiations with us about a new lease, as the land required for the houses is currently demised to THC.

From THC’s perspective, HFC’s new solution is effectively the same as their previous plans, therefore the lease we’d agreed with HFC
just needed to be ‘dusted off’ and minor changes made to the detail such as the new developers name being inserted etc.

After much negotiation, HFC finally agreed to offer THC the 2013 agreed lease with one major exception. They were no longer prepared
to fund the agreed £200k contribution towards the maintenance fund, citing inability to pay this, as the financials had changed with
the new developer in place.

Clearly, it was unacceptable to THC to lose this contribution completely, as our maintenance obligations have not been removed. In
an effort to bring this outstanding issue to an amicable conclusion, THC offered the following compromises:

1.If HFC really couldn’t afford the £200k, then THC would be prepared to accept the contribution to be spread over the term of the lease,
by a rent reduction of £8000 per year.

2.Or THC would be prepared to accept joint responsibility (with HFC) for major repairs on the main pavilion.

3.THC would be willing to negotiate on the amount of maintenance fund contribution (e.g. If HFC were getting 10% less from the new
developer, then THC would accept a 10% reduction on the fund)

Disappointingly, HFC rejected all of these compromises, withdrew from negotiations and has purported to serve a Notice to Quit
on THC (in relation to which THC’s position is reserved). Notwithstanding the action HFC have taken, THC remains willing to
continue negotiations with HFC to try and find an amicable solution.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: