CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Wycombe Wanderers matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reigatered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, cautious optimism after the game on Saturday. The team looks stronger than last season (not difficult I know), and maybe we will not struggle to survive.

However, one swallow does not make a summer, so let's wait until we have played a couple at home and a couple away, before drawing any firm conclusions about our prospects for this campaign.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reigatered wrote:
Yes, cautious optimism after the game on Saturday. The team looks stronger than last season (not difficult I know), and maybe we will not struggle to survive.

However, one swallow does not make a summer, so let's wait until we have played a couple at home and a couple away, before drawing any firm conclusions about our prospects for this campaign.

I fully accept your point, but the really significant aspect about Saturday wasn't the result... it was the declaration of a clear intent that we will be playing decent competitive football this season.. and the way the home crowd responded so positively to that alien, but very refreshing prospect..!
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Although I am prepared to draw the line at Big Jim Baker doing salsa dancing..!

Not just salsa dancing. Salsa dancing in my budgie smugglers. banana

The girls were swooning at my feet...or fainting in horror. Wink

Jim Baker
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
The girls were swooning at my feet...

Please wash them, Jim Wink
Red Army
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
. I'm fed up with complaints about the atmosphere, we are as lively as anyone when we are given the motivation and there hasn't been a lot of that in recent seasons.

!

True to an extent, but it's very 'chicken and egg.' If you look at grounds and clubs that are known for having a good atmosphere they will get behind their team from the off and aren't necessarily reliant on a snappy start or prolonged attacks.

The atmosphere felt different to previous seasons on Saturday in a positive way, and that made the match a far more enjoyable experience. I only hope that stays, even we get the inevitable bad spells and hit a dip in form. Our crowd are, I'm afraid to say, notoriously fickle and far too quick to turn on players when it's not going 100% to plan.
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a bit late in coming, but in all the excitement of Saturday Iíve just realised I havenít posted my thoughts.

I thought we looked really, really good. Particularly in the second half and particularly going forward. The front four offer real attacking pace, skill and options. Their work rate was phenomenal too. If we can keep these four fit (fingers crossed regarding Roberts) firing and with us weíve got a really good chance. Weíll definitely play some good stuff.

Special mention to Jimmy Smith Ė talk about a player reborn. Long may it continue.

Only worry is the defence looked a little shaky at times and Mersin made me nervous when came for things but perhaps his almighty fumble in the first half knocked his confidence for a bit.

Overall, considering this team had not kicked a competitive ball together prior to this game I really donít know what more we could have asked for.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: