CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Wycombe Wanderers matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fnb
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first game since York away at Easter and wow what a difference.
Impressed with the new look team and *beep* me a team with fight and passion.
Onwards and upwards Smile
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Simon wrote:
..maybe should have kept his trap shut as the referee wasn't going to book him for the foul.

In fairness to the lad.. whatever he had to say about the ref was very likely to have been accurate.. the guy was a joke who wanted to be the centre of attention.

I don't disagree, but sometimes you have to bite your lip. Referees never change their decisions and giving him a volley only put us under more pressure with an enforced change next game.

If we had conceded when down to 10 men it wouldn't have gone down so well.
whiteshoes
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honest opinion about today ,having not watched Crawley on a regular basis for years.

The fresh start and optimism of the fans sat around me was tangible. The stadium looks and feels better. In fairness in August sunshine many things will appear much more than they are. But on this occasion the momentum and drive instilled in the team shone through like that summer sunshine.

I think it's been well played by those at the club. I've never seen that many people on the pitch before a game. Either receiving awards or players kids eager to kick the ball about and enjoy themselves. What's more I think having spoken to people at the ground this operation clean up has really helped on making the ground look brand new. But also helped those fans feel a sense of ownership over cleaning their stand or their seat. Helping the fans buy into the season ahead.

The game yesterday was a great start against a team expected to do well this season. Jordan Roberts is as mentioned above in other posts is a really good player. He is quick and I lost count of the headers he won from our goal keepers distribution. The Dutch lad Enzio will get used to the football in this league and I'm sure be just as effective as the campaign progresses.

Well done Drummy!
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At around 20 minutes, I thought we were going to be annihilated. However, that Mersin-induced goalmouth scramble seemed to wake us up and we gradually played ourselves into the game.
We had a bit of fortune with the goal, the defender misjudging the bounce, but it was very well taken once he got through.
Wycombe players fell over at every opportunity, and the referee fell for it most of the time. Funnily enough, the two fouls that brought the noisiest dissent from those around me, actually were fouls in my view.
Even when Wycombe were on top we still looked dangerous on the break.
I'm delighted with the fighting spirit in the team, but it would be better to save that for the other team rather than the referee.
I might get shot down for this but taking the whole 90 minutes, I thought Wycombe looked marginally a better side than us - but it really was marginal. If they had the same amount of fight as us, they may have achieved a better outcome for themselves. I'm happy with that as we matched one of the better sides in the division.
cornishred
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
Going up as champions...bring me another drink

Please get drunk red..you might start talking some sense !
mickyboy
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 45

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy smith and big Joe McN both in the football league papers Team of th Day for League 2 well done both
ctfc_matt
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its only one game but I have a really good feeling about this season. The energy and passion of all the players was there to see, Roberts and Payne were outstanding. Wycombe were a decent side, and if we play like that this season then there's no reason we can't be looking towards the play offs.

We defended really well yesterday, Conns and Joe M were solid at the back and headed and cleared anything which came towards them. Young was immense at RB (something I thought I would never say), that run he did in the first half from the edge of our box all the way to theirs was unbelievable.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattyman wrote:
Peter wrote:
Highlights from Sky Sports.

http://www.skysports.com/watch.....-0-wycombe

Can see why Blackman felt a little aggrieved having just watched the highlights!

What did he say, cos I didn't hear it?
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
What did he say, cos I didn't hear it?

I think he quoted Ali G.... "Is it cos I'm Blackman...?" Rolling Eyes
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen the highlights and I reckon with Roberts, Bantom and Enzio we can cause teams a lot of problems with their pace and industry, plus we have a decent forward in Collins who I think just needs a goal or 2 to get him started. We look much more of a threat going forward than last season, with Gwion the only one at times looking like causing the opposition problems. We just need to get the defence right and by the looks of things a better GK too and we can have a good season.
royboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:
Just seen the highlights and I reckon with Roberts, Bantom and Enzio we can cause teams a lot of problems with their pace and industry, plus we have a decent forward in Collins who I think just needs a goal or 2 to get him started. We look much more of a threat going forward than last season, with Gwion the only one at times looking like causing the opposition problems. We just need to get the defence right and by the looks of things a better GK too and we can have a good season.

I thought we defended set pieces well but gk and lb are problem areas. We looked good going forward and will cause most teams problems.
thedarkhorse
First Team
First Team

Topics: 19

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Attendance Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
What was the crowd today ,,?

From the official site = 2,471

Best Hair = Marcus Bean (WW)
Best Beard = Joe McNerney (CT)
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see all my fellow 'local' fans in the West Stand....good, entertaining football....the bell was rung by GIYB.

Only slight issue was announcements, I really struggled to hear them, could be my older years;anyone else have an issue?
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent team performance. Much like the England cricket team - hard to single individuals outs as everyone did their job and played together.

Even Jimmy Smith's pointing was effective. And as for the goal - wow such confidence
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoroughly enjoyed the game on Saturday, plenty to keep the interest up (sadly not all from us) and a win to boot.

Really pleased that Smith scored, he gambled on the defender missing the ball and slotted the ball into the net with aplomb.

Also was pleased with a number of our players. We have a strong basis for moving forward this season, and a top half finish is not beyond us, although we are a player or two light.

Good to see the old faces in the crowd, lets hope more come to the next game.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: