CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Millwall Pre season friendly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoyed the first half , seemed pretty even against a reasonable millwall side (dont know if it was their full strength side) . We have some good players in the stating eleven but still feel that we are missing a bit of midfield creativity and I hope once the serious stuff starts we stop passing back to the keeper so much, it shows a complete lack of creativity also puts the defence under unnecessary pressure .
2nd half went down hill as soon as the subs started ,Nobody stood out except for maybe Bobson and was glad when it finished as we were dire. I just hope we dont suffer too many injuries as a lot of these players are just not good enough..
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We looked good in the first half, nice passing, some good strong tackling, less so second half, Fitness? Some of ours looked knackered, Millwall looked stronger right across the field, their no'20, old chap, was giving our defence all sorts of problems. But all in all, nice game of footie in the sunshine.

Our goalkeeper!! Serious worries... kept kicking the ball into touch (wrong shaped ball), seemed very twitchy, is he the no1 choice for the season? If so that could be a worry...
redz75
Coach
Coach

Topics: 273

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="daz"]Enjoyed the first half , seemed pretty even against a reasonable millwall side (dont know if it was their full strength side) . We have some good players in the stating eleven but still feel that we are missing a bit of midfield creativity and I hope once the serious stuff starts we stop passing back to the keeper so much, it shows a complete lack of creativity also puts the defence under unnecessary pressure .
2nd half went down hill as soon as the subs started ,Nobody stood out except for maybe Bobson and was glad when it finished as we were dire. I just hope we dont suffer too many injuries as a lot of these players are just not good enough..[/quote

It was the Millwall first team squad and according to my Lions fans I was with said that the team that started could be the line up for their opening game of the season against Oldham. They were also impressed with the Crawley side in the first half, with the style of play and commitment by the players
PEETEE
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with most of the posts here, first half passable second half pretty dire.

Positives were I think Roberts could be a real find great left foot and bags of energy. i think he will do well for us.

Collins looked useful and the central two of Connolly and Mcnerny looked ok.

Bodger? scored a good goal and could be good addition, I think Jimmy will be ok too.

What worries me is the left back Blackman looked shaky and we need more bite in midfield. We know what we get with Lewis I still dont think he is really a defender.

All in all a positive afternoon roll on the First game
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was attendance? Many away? Any trouble?
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1200 with 400 away, not bad for a preseason friendly.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will have some loans coming in according to DD striker form Chelsea apparentlybbeing none.

Imwoukdnt be surprised if wermloaned out three or four as there as a handful not up this level.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
only 800 reds thats dreadfully low perhaps the clown that arranged this friendly should now sit in the dunce corner
SuperRedDevils
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
David R wrote:
only 800 reds thats dreadfully low perhaps the clown that arranged this friendly should now sit in the dunce corner

Why? It was a good game, our most competitive friendly, we would have won if we didn't change the whole team from 60 mins.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperRedDevils wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
David R wrote:

Why? It was a good game, our most competitive friendly, we would have won if we didn't change the whole team from 60 mins.
large downturn from.last week psf. Badly timed awful opposition bad reputation same old opposition complete lack thought imagination
whiteshoes
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject: Back Reply with quote

Not been to Crawley for a long time. Went last week to watch Brighton and this week against Millwall. I agree with most posts here. The starting 11 looked very promising.
But the subs who came on were to put it mildly terrible. Billy Clifford and that ginger lad who gave the goal away last week against Brighton are out and out not good enough for non league let alone League 2. Mitch Beeney looked either very nervous or out of his depth. The Turkish lads are garbage as well.The saving grace from my point of view were Connelly, Smith and Roberts. The latter being head and shoulders above the rest on these two viewings.
The passing it along the back line playing ourselves into trouble routine gifted the momentum to Millwall today.
It's been a good grounding back in the fold as it were, I'm looking forward to the season and with a few loans I think we will be fine.
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first game of the new season today. Not impressed one bit today. This team is not good enough to pass it's way to the play offs. Hope Dermot proves me wrong but he could be history by Christmas...!
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:
My first game of the new season today. Not impressed one bit today. This team is not good enough to pass it's way to the play offs. Hope Dermot proves me wrong but he could be history by Christmas...!

Is anybody really expecting a play off place though?
Hopefully over the next few seasons we may mount some realistic challenges for promotion, but I don't expect it yet.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
srn151161 wrote:

Is anybody really expecting a play off place though?
Hopefully over the next few seasons we may mount some realistic challenges for promotion, but I don't expect it yet.

Exactly. I haven't heard anyone at the club talking about play offs this year. The only target I saw mentioned is they would "love to take Crawley Town into the Championship within 8-10 years".

If we are mid table this year that's good enough for me.

The immediate priority is to rebuild the relationship between the supporters and club.
josefk
First Team
First Team

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I understand some of the doom *beep* on here. Pre season friendlies are never a great predictor but it does let you see how a team is gelling.

The first half the game to me was at least even and I couldn't say that it was obvious Millwall played in a different league than us.

There was one real leader on the pitch captaining the side but he didn't have the armband on, Connolly did martial the players well and brings in much-needed passion.

Schoolboy error on the first goal.

After all the changes in the second half it fell apart, no shape, no attacking and no defending. But, I think that the starting line up has pretty much picked itself.

Worries on Blackman and Young, weak links and whoever played in goal in the second half must have been coached by Gilmartin.

I don't see play offs this year, I see a comfortable top half of league finish.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: