CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

AFC Wimbledon matchday thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Site Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 1302

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: AFC Wimbledon matchday thread
Event: 16 Apr 2016

Please keep any discussion of today's game against AFC Wimbledon to this thread. Any others may be merged with this one, locked or deleted.

Those unable to get to the game will be able to keep up to date with the action with commentary on Reds Player.

There is also text commentary available from the BBC and Sporting Life courtesy of the Press Association.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36003684
http://www.sportinglife.com/fo.....awley-town
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an exile, this is one fixture I really wish I could go to regardless of positions in league or whatever, good to see we are taking a few, give a good account boys and girls.
COME ON YOU REDS...
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Barnard's accuracy in the warm up is not a sign of things to come. If so AFC will need a ball boy in the car park.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to half time without conceding which is good. Now we need to take that into the second half with a bit more of an attacking threat.

Obviously I'm going from the stats as I have not been able to make it to the game.

Jim Baker
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-0 Wombles
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0-1 82nd min Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Lost 0-1
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One shot on target. I nwonder why nwe didn't score?

This could be a very dull end to a season.

Jim Baker
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, we lost, predictably.

Let's get this torrid season done and dusted and move on to - hopefully - better things and times

It really must be a fresh start which is promoted and seized upon across all quarters

The result today is irrelevant objectively, but it isn't really as the most odious bunch of *#@ in football have gained 3 points
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woeful end to the season.
Yates isn't doing himself any favours if he wants to keep his job next season, but I suppose it's the players that are letting him (and us) down.
Most of them know they won't be in a Crawley shirt next season so are they really bothered, judging by our awful run of recent results you would have to say no?
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianchiboy wrote:
Yates isn't doing himself any favours if he wants to keep his job next season, but I suppose it's the players that are letting him (and us) down.
Most of them know they won't be in a Crawley shirt next season so are they really bothered, judging by our awful run of recent results you would have to say no?

if they want to find a club next season they will have to start putting in some decent performances

now i wasn't at the game today so will not comment other than to say why does Yates insist on making a sub when we concede a goal rather than freshen things up before it?
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that went was it as bad as the stats suggest.35% possession with just 1 shot on target.
Simon
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Mark Yates really isn't making much of a case to the new owners to be around next season.

Another poor display today, although to be fair AFC weren't much better and we probably could have nicked a draw. Unfortunately we went to sleep on the one occasion leaving their No6 unmarked in the box for an easy header, and that was it.

We lined up with Bradley up front which meant the usual diet of hoof ball. Barnard never had a chance of getting on any flicks etc - it was ridiculous. Della Verde delivery from free kicks was shocking and I'd say he has played his way out of a contract next season. How Sutherland was sat on the bench is beyond me.

4 straight defeats and the season is petering out fast.

I hope Mr Eren is going to seek some assurances from Yates about next season's style of play. If this continues then attendances will not recover.
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Well Mark Yates really isn't making much of a case to the new owners to be around next season.

Another poor display today, although to be fair AFC weren't much better and we probably could have nicked a draw. Unfortunately we went to sleep on the one occasion leaving their No6 unmarked in the box for an easy header, and that was it.

We lined up with Bradley up front which meant the usual diet of hoof ball. Barnard never had a chance of getting on any flicks etc - it was ridiculous. Della Verde delivery from free kicks was shocking and I'd say he has played his way out of a contract next season. How Sutherland was sat on the bench is beyond me.

4 straight defeats and the season is petering out fast.

I hope Mr Eren is going to seek some assurances from Yates about next season's style of play. If this continues then attendances will not recover.

ouch that's a damning report Simon i feel for the 500 or so that had to sit / stand through it
Stevemac00
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did Bradley manage to stay on the pitch? Awful elbow, and constant fouling throughout the game
Simon
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:
Bianchiboy wrote:

if they want to find a club next season they will have to start putting in some decent performances

now i wasn't at the game today so will not comment other than to say why does Yates insist on making a sub when we concede a goal rather than freshen things up before it?

I think these days he just pulls names out of a hat as we have no tactics.

Great chance today to play 2 of Deacon, Fenelon, Tomlin and Barnard up front and play it on the deck. Instead we had a centre back up front it was the usual monotonous long ball and we created nothing. The minute they scored the game was over.

I think we can predict the same monotonous post match interview as well - proud of the players, worked hard and all the usual cliches.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: