CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

'Clarity'
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: 'Clarity' Reply with quote

I am aware something has been posted somewhere else, however felt a thread should be opened. Bit confused over here, is anyone else? Last I had heard from Dunford, was the club was financially ok, we are mid table league 2, the only debt we had was this 20k we are borrowing. Some strange comments on Twitter today -

Mark Yates agent tweets 'Good luck to MY and the #Crawley fans tomorrow 3 points and let's hope some clarity in the near future' - clarity over what?

BBC Sussex tweets 'CRAWLEY: #reds boss Mark Yates tells @BBCSussex "I know fans are asking why we''re not signing players. Things will become apparent soon"

Seems like something isn't right. Surely we can't be under any sort of embargo? Dunford has always said everything is fine.. he wouldn't lie, would he? scratch
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumford has been know on many occasions to distort the truth

I don't trust him as far as I could throw him going back to when they sold my ST seat 8 times in the same season and had to get the chief steward to move the person siting in my seat - very embarrassing to all concerned

he claimed it only happened once despite me providing 3 tickets that were given to me by the person who unknowingly bought a ticket for my seat, he would not be moved on that fact despite my evidence

while I don't think we are under an embargo - I believe the well is now dry and support has been withdrawn from our benefactors
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Clarity' Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
I am aware something has been posted somewhere else, however felt a thread should be opened. Bit confused over here, is anyone else? Last I had heard from Dunford, was the club was financially ok, we are mid table league 2, the only debt we had was this 20k we are borrowing. Some strange comments on Twitter today -

Mark Yates agent tweets 'Good luck to MY and the #Crawley fans tomorrow 3 points and let's hope some clarity in the near future' - clarity over what?

BBC Sussex tweets 'CRAWLEY: #reds boss Mark Yates tells @BBCSussex "I know fans are asking why we''re not signing players. Things will become apparent soon"

Seems like something isn't right. Surely we can't be under any sort of embargo? Dunford has always said everything is fine.. he wouldn't lie, would he? scratch

That is quite concerning. I had already wondered about embargo as, even if we are strapped for cash, it seems mighty odd that we haven't gone and found a cheap goalkeeper.
royboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way things look at the moment I hope it's only a transfer embargo and not a points deduction
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be a new buyer...? Shocked
sawdustbrown
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:

I did wonder this too but seems an odd time just as the window is shutting. Also would this stop us signing players?
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sawdustbrown wrote:
thad wrote:

I did wonder this too but seems an odd time just as the window is shutting. Also would this stop us signing players?

It might have been going on for a while - pure speculation - but would mean that everything is on hold until any deal is completed.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
sawdustbrown wrote:
thad wrote:

It might have been going on for a while - pure speculation - but would mean that everything is on hold until any deal is completed.

So it's not you buying the club then? Wink
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows. It could mean any number of things. Difficult to know what is rumour and what is fact.

It could mean things are on hold whilst a sale is discussed. Not the end of the world, as we can still use the loan market after the window closes and MY has been pretty good at that.

It could alternatively mean that we have run out of money and can't afford to pay any more players. Therefore need to get costs down as much as we can hence withdrawal of offer to Flahavan and Little on the bench instead.

A bit worrying that it has also been suggested MY and Dack weren't at training but again that could (if true) mean anything.

Hopefully the squad will stick to getting the job done. Some of them have plenty to prove in terms of recent performances. Getting released by Crawley Town at the end of the season wouldn't be the best career move, so get the results and play for a new contract.

I know Dunford gets a lot of stick on here but I don't envy anyone trying to run a L2 football club of our size. Gates hovering around 2,000, out of every cup at the first stage, one home game every 2 weeks, no regular social club or non-gate income, limited merchandise sales at this stage of the season. Must be tough.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
thad wrote:
sawdustbrown wrote:
thad wrote:

So it's not you buying the club then? Wink

Well... I was in Worcester a little while back and thought I'd stop & get a lottery ticket.

Shocked

I was only six numbers away from winning the jackpot....!
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be surprised if this is positive news.

My take there is no money . Yates and Dack have had a bust up with Dunfprd and taken a break. Would be interesting to know if they were involved in training today.

I think as long as there isn't a spectacular implosion we will be safe from relegation.

The problem is players performance can be very sensitive to A ) Managers unhappiness and B ) lack of any competition.

A run of four or five defeats and we are in the wrong mix.
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never a dull moment with us is there?
As for the players, they definitely need to carry on playing as well as they can no matter what is going on behind the scenes? Didn't stop the Northampton squad playing out of their skins earlier in the season when they were not even sure when they were going to get paid next?
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morecambe do wise job on low crowds
Dunceford is like a barge pole dancer untrusted
Yates should stick to running a pub not that he could organise a **** up in a brewery never mind manage a football team

Last edited by Red, Red & Red on Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:

My take there is no money . Yates and Dack have had a bust up with Dunfprd and taken a break. Would be interesting to know if they were involved in training today.

I think as long as there isn't a spectacular implosion we will be safe from relegation.

The problem is players performance can be very sensitive to A ) Managers unhappiness and B ) lack of any competition.

Always keep an open mind. We will see next week and may be positively surprised.
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

Always keep an open mind. We will see next week and may be positively surprised.

I hope you are correct.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: