CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Steve hollis - twitter
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject: Steve hollis - twitter Reply with quote

Stating no new signings before the weekend , both coaches missing form training today and money tighter than thought. Sounds bleak.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No supprise to anyone really.
Reading that just sent a shivering thought through my head .....What sort of housing will be on the broadfield stadium in a few years.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Steve hollis - twitter Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Stating no new signings before the weekend , both coaches missing form training today and money tighter than thought. Sounds bleak.
coaching at the club is absolutely shockingly awful anyway! The senior players need to take charge....step up Jimmy Smith and step up the King (aka only half decent player we have)
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
No supprise to anyone really.
Reading that just sent a shivering thought through my head .....What sort of housing will be on the broadfield stadium in a few years.

For what it is worth, I believe the land was gifted - by English Land - and is covenanted to be used solely for community recreational purposes.
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so who is taking training then?

surely this can not be allowed to happen?

so that also means we are stuck with what we have now, no 2nd keeper and no forward who knows where the goal is, it could be a tough end to the season
TownMeadLeftover
First Team
First Team

Topics: 17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard the rumour about the coaches not being seen, so what, it's a home game so the players can travel by bus ............

Wink
Alan (Cheltenham Branch)
First Team
First Team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:
so who is taking training then?

surely this can not be allowed to happen?

so that also means we are stuck with what we have now, no 2nd keeper and no forward who knows where the goal is, it could be a tough end to the season

It says on the official site that Andy Little has been registered as a player and will provide 2nd keeper cover for Callum Preston.

MY also said in his interview that 'things will become apparent this week' as to why we are having trouble signing players. Doesn't sound great, does it?
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect the club are gambling on our fourteen points.

We *should* stay clear of relegation this season so therefore we can save what budget we do have - if any - on 2016/17.

My only surprise is that there's been no movement on Edwards. I thought we might have offered him a new deal and then ship him out when inevitably he rejects it rather than lose him for nowt in the summer.
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:

We *should* stay clear of relegation this season so therefore we can save what budget we do have - if any - on 2016/17.

My only surprise is that there's been no movement on Edwards. I thought we might have offered him a new deal and then ship him out when inevitably he rejects it rather than lose him for nowt in the summer.

I don't think we are totally safe even with a 14 point buffer good Andy Little will be providing cover that at least gives us a keeper should the worst happen

Edwards has underperformed in a poor team this season imo and that may explain why he is still here

don't we get a fee even if he does walk in the summer as he is under 24 although i'm sure the fee would be minimal
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:

I don't think we are totally safe even with a 14 point buffer good Andy Little will be providing cover that at least gives us a keeper should the worst happen

Edwards has underperformed in a poor team this season imo and that may explain why he is still here

don't we get a fee even if he does walk in the summer as he is under 24 although i'm sure the fee would be minimal

I originally thought not as FIFA rules are not 100% clear. However the FA says that "there shall be no right to a compensation or transfer fee by the previous Club of a Player who has attained the age of 24 years on or before 30th June and whose contract with that Club has expired" so you may be right.[/i]
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully I am right but don't bet on it - as I said earlier i'm usually wrong
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Andy Little should be called into action,would he command the record of the oldest player in League 2?

JTG
Ashdown Red
First Team
First Team

Topics: 31

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
If Andy Little should be called into action,would he command the record of the oldest player in League 2?

JTG

Possibly Brian Jensen was born in 1975 whilst Andy Little was born in 1974.
The other Mansfield goalkeeper Scott Shearer must be younger.
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon that's pretty close to the truth.
There may be a couple of loans but no real signings.
Its a nice thought 'saving money for a push next season' but I don't believe it. I don't think there is anyone willing to plough in what's required now.

I am afraid we will have to survive on what the club earns so if we maintain our league status Yates will have done well.
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme wrote:

I reckon that's pretty close to the truth.
There may be a couple of loans but no real signings.
Its a nice thought 'saving money for a push next season' but I don't believe it. I don't think there is anyone willing to plough in what's required now.

I am afraid we will have to survive on what the club earns so if we maintain our league status Yates will have done well.

Yep, whatever our position, if we stay up it's mission accomplished and the season can be deemed a success.

Any other expectation is unreasonable.

#seeotherthread
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: