CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Leadership
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Leadership Reply with quote

Who is running the club . I am not talking about Dumford or Yates but at the top.

The chairman or backers need to get a grip of the club before it's to late. Someone else posted that in 2011 we played Accrington and had 2800 with less than 100 away fans. Today was the worst attendance in our FL history .

There will be lower gates this year because no one can expect people to pay to watch the five games we have seen this year.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Leadership Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Who is running the club . I am not talking about Dumford or Yates but at the top.

PJH pulls the strings.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C69 is a bit slow on the uptake.
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
C69 is a bit slow on the uptake.

Nah.

It's the internet generation for you. Far easier to ask than look something up.

Someone once asked me a question ( his sixth or seventh in a short span of time) and i said "just use a search engine". His reply ?

"What's a search engine ?"

Click to view this image at its original size
Click on the image to view it at its original size
Hoppy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 47

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people find technology difficult. I do.

Don't expect everyone to know what you know - in fact - those with little or no knowledge should be encouraged to get involved.

How about some training Peter?
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the last person to leave the Broadfield please turn the light out. Club is doomed to oblivion go down NEVER return to league football. How to destroy a football club put clowns in charge.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoppy wrote:
Some people find technology difficult. I do.

Don't expect everyone to know what you know - in fact - those with little or no knowledge should be encouraged to get involved.

How about some training Peter?

He's on the forum every ruddy day. I don't know how many times its been mentioned HKP is the one in charge at CTFC. But C69 is too busy moaning non-stop to notice. Or understand.
London_Red
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Leadership Reply with quote

Peter wrote:

PJH pulls the strings.

Well according to the conspiracy theorists on here, he's apparently been pulling the strings and been the shadow director since he started putting the money in, which would also be during our successful period and promotion up to League one! Perhaps it's more to do with the change in directors and not everything is PHs fault?!
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Leadership Reply with quote

London_Red wrote:
Peter wrote:

PJH pulls the strings.

Well according to the conspiracy theorists on here, he's apparently been pulling the strings and been the shadow director since he started putting the money in, which would also be during our successful period and promotion up to League one! Perhaps it's more to do with the change in directors and not everything is PHs fault?!

You must be suggesting Susan Carter then as that is the only change I can recall. The other directors have been unchanged for some time now.

It's all down to money.
London_Red
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Leadership Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
It's all down to money.

Yea I'll stand corrected, money is probably the main difference between our successful period and now.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Leadership Reply with quote

London_Red wrote:
Simon wrote:
It's all down to money.

Yea I'll stand corrected, money is probably the main difference between our successful period and now.

Lets not forget that the market value of the club - which we are told is still for sale - is also diminishing..!
Ashdown Red
First Team
First Team

Topics: 31

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not only down to money. From the playing side our performances have got worse as the season progresses. I know we have had some important players injured and suspended but we have also made some good loan signings.

The other problem is the disengagement between the club and supporters.
We Need a full time CE who can engage with the supporters. Ideally someone who lives in the area and cares about the club.
compsdakeeper
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not surprising that results have nose dived. Yates set up an organised outfit at the start of the season, solid at the back and looking to hit teams on the counter. It was successful at first against the top sides, but not rocket science for any scout to see and managers to plan for.

Difficulty is, Yates has nothing up his sleeve, which is not his fault. No cash, Edwards suspended and Harrold has been injured. Both his pace and physicality taken away.

There seems to me to be three options for a turn around...

1. HKP puts more money in himself and we buy our way out of trouble (as was done fro Conference to League 1)

2. Get the fans on board with whatever his vision is and put plans in place to boost attendances, making us more sustainable as a business (this takes years, could be too late).

3. Sell up, walk away and let someone with the passion and finance to move us forward again. Those people are out there.

I'd prefer option 3 myself.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdown Red wrote:
The other problem is the disengagement between the club and supporters.

That is a fair point and it becomes highlighted when results aren't going well.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

compsdakeeper wrote:
It's not surprising that results have nose dived. Yates set up an organised outfit at the start of the season, solid at the back and looking to hit teams on the counter. It was successful at first against the top sides, but not rocket science for any scout to see and managers to plan for.

Difficulty is, Yates has nothing up his sleeve, which is not his fault. No cash, Edwards suspended and Harrold has been injured. Both his pace and physicality taken away.

There seems to me to be three options for a turn around...

1. HKP puts more money in himself and we buy our way out of trouble (as was done fro Conference to League 1)

2. Get the fans on board with whatever his vision is and put plans in place to boost attendances, making us more sustainable as a business (this takes years, could be too late).

3. Sell up, walk away and let someone with the passion and finance to move us forward again. Those people are out there.

I'd prefer option 3 myself.
lyes it us yates fault he set us upl.playing counter didnt see that second half saturday. Yates is a failed football manager and needs to go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: