CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Does Crawley have worst vocal support in league 2?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: Does Crawley have worst vocal support in league 2? Reply with quote

I hate think this could be true struggle get behund team when losing etc lets face it its true isnt it?
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Crawley have worst vocal support in league 2? Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
I hate think this could be true struggle get behund team when losing etc lets face it its true isnt it?

Well, you could start up a Chant ....

Give me a C , etc.

If you get to the the seventh letter, I'll be seriously impressed. Wink
Studio Steve
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly not the case at away games. At home things picked up a bit under Dean Saunders and have carried through into this season. The players playing with pride in the shirt seems to help the crowd engage more. It is definately better than the start of last season.
Sussex Boy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what happens when certain people (noise makers) and their friends are hounded out....
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Studio Steve wrote:
Certainly not the case at away games. At home things picked up a bit under Dean Saunders and have carried through into this season. The players playing with pride in the shirt seems to help the crowd engage more. It is definately better than the start of last season.
shouldnt it work other way too ie crowd get team going?
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! Probably.

Jim Baker
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our away support is superb for noise. We might only take 150/200 most places but we are very loud and get right behind the team.

Home games is just not worth mentioning really. People behind the goal don't know how to SUPPORT a team - even JTG will agree with me on this. We concede a goal or miss a chance and its '*beep* pathetic' . You always get the 'what are we doing out there' and the 'change it for *beep* sake' even when we are drawing and playing well, and that will never ever change, unfortunately. People have been spoilt the past few seasons with promotions etc and can't face we will never be like that again for some time.
Sussex Boy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Crawley Dan!!!!

I remember in the Conference days, even if we were loosing we used to have
a good laugh in South Stand by singing funny songs and giving the away players plenty of stick.

Even when the East Stand was just a small terrace we would go the far end of it and create noise. Some people even called a 'mini shelf'... Smile
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sussex Boy wrote:

a good laugh in South Stand by singing funny songs and giving the away players plenty of stick.

Even when the East Stand was just a small terrace we would go the far end of it and create noise. Some people even called a 'mini shelf'... Smile

Used to be a top laugh. Remember the game Fitz broke the drum so went on a whip round using his New York Yankees cap for people to throw money in to replace it. Back when the fan base was united (to an extent), back when the fans supported the team, back when it used to be a laugh. People at home games these days, especially behind the goal wouldn't know how to SUPPORT a team if it smacked them in the face.

#BringBackTheITC
Broadfield Dave
First Team
First Team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's usually plenty of singing in the middle of the East Stand, but I'm not sure how far the sound carries.

The other week straight after several renditions of 'Red Army' and 'When the Reds go Marching in', the opposition fans sang 'Shall we sing a song for you.'

Maybe they thought we just weren't singing well enough.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
Sussex Boy wrote:

Used to be a top laugh. Remember the game Fitz broke the drum so went on a whip round using his New York Yankees cap for people to throw money in to replace it. Back when the fan base was united (to an extent), back when the fans supported the team, back when it used to be a laugh. People at home games these days, especially behind the goal wouldn't know how to SUPPORT a team if it smacked them in the face.

#BringBackTheITC

'Twas I who got the whip going to replace the drum skin......an evening fixture.....can't remember quite how much was raised.....but very few people refused to add to the kitty.Good days, good people.
Red Army
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadfield Dave wrote:
There's usually plenty of singing in the middle of the East Stand, but I'm not sure how far the sound carries.

The other week straight after several renditions of 'Red Army' and 'When the Reds go Marching in', the opposition fans sang 'Shall we sing a song for you.'

Maybe they thought we just weren't singing well enough.

Never really understood why our already meagre group of vocal fans have split, half in the terrace and half in the middle of the east stand. I'm afraid to say makes each half sound rather pitiful most of the time.
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
Our away support is superb for noise. We might only take 150/200 most places but we are very loud and get right behind the team.

Home games is just not worth mentioning really. People behind the goal don't know how to SUPPORT a team - even JTG will agree with me on this. We concede a goal or miss a chance and its '*beep* pathetic' . You always get the 'what are we doing out there' and the 'change it for *beep* sake' even when we are drawing and playing well, and that will never ever change, unfortunately. People have been spoilt the past few seasons with promotions etc and can't face we will never be like that again for some time.

Yes young Daniel - I will agree with you 100%👍

JTG
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
'Twas I who got the whip going to replace the drum skin......an evening fixture.....can't remember quite how much was raised.....but very few people refused to add to the kitty.Good days, good people.

Probably because most people were glad Wink
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:

Probably because most people were glad Wink

Oh you know how much I love drums, face paint and big clappy hands at football.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: