CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

MK Dons matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
trev wrote:
Everyone blames JG for the way we are playing but should not a lot of the blame be levelled at our head coach Paul Groves. He has got us playing like he had Bournemouth playing when they visited us the other season which at the time they were the worst team to visit the Broadfield that season. Once he got the sack they rocketed up the league to win promotion even Tubbs commented glad he miss that bullet. Just how much influence he has I do not know but I assume as chief coach it must be quite substantial. So the question is just who takes the blame.
i blame the Majeeds for everything inclusing when i got soaked and it rained heavy the other week.

I also blame whoever (does anyone????) market the club and promote this club. We are supposed to be a west sussex club well you go for a drive to Selsey, Billingshurst, Partridge Green, Worthing, Faygate, Pulborough, Pease Pottage and Southwater and see how many Crawley supports you can find. In fact give yourself half a point if they even know Crawley Town FC exist and are a professional football club!

The small team from falmer village have had a head start in sussex thats without a doubt but to be sustainable over the long term the club has to do 2 VITAL things the first I have mentioned here they must grow and expand the fan base and interest.

Secondly they MUST listen to theor supporters. Its a standing joke have you kept your Palace ticket and what about that free game we were all supposed to have? Last season it might been ok for some season ticket holders for exmaple to have extra tickets to give away and those seasted might wonder what hope been seated with friends anyay and what about Billy no mates what does he benefit and even if he has mates its not like HE personally was compensated. Shortsighted and unimaginative boring output from a club that shows littel interest at times REPEAT at tiems NOT always to potential custom.

Take another example, the sma eold Chelski youth team playing in pre-season finedlies, its BORING, use some imagination insight and get a forigh team over what abou a french first team or some Scots on tour?

JG plays his part and is not the ****** that RB is and always will be. Im concerned with the shouting that is mentioned JG does and agree that will wear off etc and though I also thinj its tak ethat with pinch salt how rue can i be assured that is?

JG is doing miracles and is a genius with the limited resoirces he has. Of course lump it up to big Mac is all we can do play to his strengths. If you want a decent burger you have to look beyond the Burger kings and big macs of this world. We unortunatelyvan only afford the meals at Big Mac and unfortunately to date they haveny veen been happy meals Wink

What glue are you sniffing,today?

JTG
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
I did find it strange not one player wanted to stay from last year we will never know the full story.

Yes we do - we had to slash the wage bill and those that JG wanted to keep were offered about 60% of what they were on.

Of those under contract we were offered money for Fadz which we decided to take, and 100k for Drury which triggered a release clause in his contract.

You talk about last season as if we were fantastic, don't forget we played a lot of rubbish then as well, 6 straight defeats in March/April, 1 goal in 8 leage games in Oct/Nov, I'm struggling to remember the team that you say was so fantastic.

For example Proctor was hopeless last year, but has scored regularly for Fleetwood. So he was either poor for us, or just poorly managed.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proctor wasn't poor for us some of his games he was excellent .
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guildford roader wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:
How many games had we gone without a win when Barker received his marching orders?
NB I'm not suggesting anything here,far from it....just wondered what the stat was.

12 league games in to the season should be a good review point. By then the team should have gelled and pattern of performances/results should be established. I'm sure Dunford said we had a top half budget so a bottom third position could spell trouble for JG. He has clearly bought well in the likes of Jensen, Lanre, Leacock, McLeod, Henderson, Dickson but could be undone by the likes of Tomlin and Young. It could be a case of close but not close enough if he can't add to the squad or get more out of the current squad. I think we will be just under mid table by mid October but it will be tight.

I sincerely hope you're right Guildford.Getting beat is a bad habit to get in to,and at times a bugger to get out of!!!
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
As I understand it RB had a substantially bigger playing budget (a top 10 budget if the club were to be believed). It didn't stop him producing a team that couldn't hit a cows *beep* with a banjo (didn't we have a spell of 1 goal in 7 league games.

This season we still can't hit a cows *beep* with a banjo, but are spending a lot less money.

Neither was very entertaining and I can see gates falling further unless the standard of football improves.

Believe nothing the club tells you Simon.You'll get the hang of it one day I'm sure. thumbleft
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:

You talk about last season as if we were fantastic, don't forget we played a lot of rubbish then as well, 6 straight defeats in March/April, 1 goal in 8 leage games in Oct/Nov, I'm struggling to remember the team that you say was so fantastic.

Couldn't agree more. People sometimes talk about last season as though we were some kind of title challengers. We never were. Sometimes we were worse than awful.

Of those that left for no money the only ones I'm really sad we lost are Bulman and Sadler. It would have been good to keep hold of Mark Connolly and Jamie proctor but I wasn't devastated.

And I really think that we might have had a point or two more if we'd had Bulman still in the side - particularly with Josh out. smith just hasn't cut it for me as either a player or an organiser of other less experienced players around him.

So we are one player worse off than last season in my view. And sadly Dannie was a special player who don't come along too often
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far we have played teams that are likely to be in top 10...If we lose the next two games against Cambridge and Rochdale then we will be in trouble..Until then lets try and hold our nerve and support the lads and last season's messiah Mr Gregory..
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Proctor wasn't poor for us some of his games he was excellent .

Yeah, right.

2 goals before Christmas, wasn't it?
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannot comment on the Sheff Utd (but good comments on us from their people) but I can on the Norwich game and we played some decent football, didnt just lump it and deserved something from the game!
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:
So far we have played teams that are likely to be in top 10...If we lose the next two games against Cambridge and Rochdale then we will be in trouble..Until then lets try and hold our nerve and support the lads and last season's messiah Mr Gregory..

We have played Bradford and Swindon (amongst others) and they are not exactly world beaters!!?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: