CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Sheffield United matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the most important part of today is that we took at least 250 supporters up there,don't you.
jules59
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done to all who made the trip and a safe trip home.
Sounds like we looked the better team.
Ali C
First Team
First Team

Topics: 27

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
I think the most important part of today is that we took at least 250 supporters up there,don't you.

155 if you want to split hairs Cool
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

Echo the voices regarding losing by a single goal away at Sheffield Utd. No disgrace at all.

The disgraceful thing is I couldn't listen to the game in France.

1, I'm a cheapskate who didn't pay for Reds player and

2, I'm a cheapskate who didn't pay for Reds player.

Oh, and the Beeb is not allowed to transmit football league games on the internet.

Hurry up an unbiased/honest view from someone who attended the game.

Jim Baker
TD Crawley
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 10

Big improvement today did not deserve to get beat and were more than good for a point.

Good to see we left doom and gloom at home today

Believe, we will be alright
yelsis
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 138

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Alex BH wrote:
FT Sheffield United 1 Crawley 0 Sad

Well I was expecting a heavier defeat - bit it's no consolation.
More worryingly is that the BBC stats have us as only one shot on target. Also, we haven't scored from open play in the league yet.

The flip side of that is that I would have been happy with 5 points from our first 5 games - and we have 6 from 4 so far.
Not a crisis by any means - but a little edginess.

We did restrict Sheffield United to only three attempts on target!
AllRed63
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I suspected, team bounced back today with a good performance - JG says it's the best performance (not result) since he's been here. We do have raw talent in the squad - young Bobson in particular - give him a chance - he can only get better. Gwion hit the bar again - fine margins - who knows - maybe we'll catch Norwich off guard! I suggest all the doom merchants hold off for a bit and do what supporters of the club do - get behind the team. Well done to everyone who went to Sheffield!
jules59
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AllRed63 wrote:
As I suspected, team bounced back today with a good performance - JG says it's the best performance (not result) since he's been here. We do have raw talent in the squad - young Bobson in particular - give him a chance - he can only get better. Gwion hit the bar again - fine margins - who knows - maybe we'll catch Norwich off guard! I suggest all the doom merchants hold off for a bit and do what supporters of the club do - get behind the team. Well done to everyone who went to Sheffield!

Yes agreed,this was a loss but sounds like the team put a shift in to give us some heart,hope the lads give Norwich a hard game.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Also, we haven't scored from open play in the league yet.

Confused

Barnsley & Bradford...
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AllRed63 wrote:

Err,we lost.I wouldnt exactly call that bouncing back.

I didn't go but listened to the game on the radio,so its difficult to give a definitive oppipion on the teams performence.It certainly sounded like we played better today then we did against Bradford,but come on,that wouldn't have been difficult would it.It also didn't sound like Sheffied Utd were that good either,so a missed opportunity maybe eh.
The stats dont look that great either,one shot on target won't win many matches.Its about fine margins,it's also about large ones too.

The doom merchants as you put it do support the team,last time I checked the club were still charging them to watch.We all have opinions on performances,players, and the managers tactics for each and every game.if I feel doom and bloody gloom after a match and elation and happiness after another that's my business and right as a paying punter.So I suggest you have your oppipion on how the team plays and performs and let others have theirs.
We are in League One and if we want to stay here then hard nosed opinions and brutal honesty of our weaknesses need to addressed head on.
Every match we lose needs to be looked at extremely closely to see why we lost.We won't be shown any mercy from anyone so I'm afraid fine margins just won't cut it.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Paulc222 wrote:
Also, we haven't scored from open play in the league yet.

Confused

Barnsley & Bradford...

I think he meant not from a set piece.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a disastrous result. Over 18,000 there today - with our 2,500 odd we just can't compete with their resources.

It's important that we pick up points against bottom 10 sides.

Sounded a better midfield effort but one shot on target again tells a story.
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach

Topics: 111

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ali C wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:

155 if you want to split hairs Cool

I sincerely hope irony isn't lost on you?
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another 3 points dropped still wasnt expecting a win and boys did well to keep it down to single goal and come closs to a draw, but you get nothing for coming close despite all the encouraging signs from pre-match what appeared an impossible task
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
AllRed63 wrote:

Err,we lost.I wouldnt exactly call that bouncing back.

I didn't go but listened to the game on the radio,so its difficult to give a definitive oppipion on the teams performence.It certainly sounded like we played better today then we did against Bradford,but come on,that wouldn't have been difficult would it.It also didn't sound like Sheffied Utd were that good either,so a missed opportunity maybe eh.
The stats dont look that great either,one shot on target won't win many matches.Its about fine margins,it's also about large ones too.

The doom merchants as you put it do support the team,last time I checked the club were still charging them to watch.We all have opinions on performances,players, and the managers tactics for each and every game.if I feel doom and bloody gloom after a match and elation and happiness after another that's my business and right as a paying punter.So I suggest you have your oppipion on how the team plays and performs and let others have theirs.
We are in League One and if we want to stay here then hard nosed opinions and brutal honesty of our weaknesses need to addressed head on.
Every match we lose needs to be looked at extremely closely to see why we lost.We won't be shown any mercy from anyone so I'm afraid fine margins just won't cut it.

Fairly easy to analyse why we lost. They scored a very good goal out of nothing. We have played worse and won- Swindon springs to mind. No doubt it will be a tough season but I reckon there will be at least four worse teams. The key is games against teams like Crewe, Rochdale and Port Vale who I expect to struggle too.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: