CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Bradford City matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is in MF. Last season we largely used a combination of Jones, Simpson, Drury, Adams, Bulman and Edwards across the middle. Sorry to say I don't think any of Henderson, Smith, Dickson, Bawling would have got in that team. Then again I would think that added together they are probably not earning what Drury or Adams was.

To be fair I think Dickson would be fine at LB but he isn't a midfielder.

Up front I don't think are any were worse off (Proctor had only scored 2 by the end of December) and at the back I think we are about the same.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
Henderson - 2 months wages and not a single game - similar to hsi time at Rovers

Do you mean Matt Harold ?

Don't confuse him Andrew, he still thinks we have a Dickinson playing for us. Shocked

Apparently we've got Claire Balding too.
hughe_tj
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going back to the drop in crowds compared to last season, I'm not convinced they have fallen as much as the figures say. I'm sure that last nights crowd was no smaller than some of the midweek fixtures towards the end of last season. There were certainly more than 300 Bradford fans there last night. As has previously been mentioned ( I think by Ian) last seasons gates were announced courtesy of some creative maths, quite possibly including season ticket holders not in attendance. Either way you look at it, the hard core is now hovering round the 2000 mark, with no signs of it changing. This has been pretty much the same since league football was played at the Broadfield. Difficult to see how this will be improved. Gates in the conference were artificially increased by freebies given out so to compare them with this season season is unfair. The Crawley public will turn out to see a winning team, whether it be in league 1 (unlikely) or Conference South. It's just the sorry fickle nature of our fan base .
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last game at Broadfield was against Southport,just after the Manu game.
The crowd was about 3900,which included about 25 hardy souls from up north.
I was watching a you tube vid of our game against Dover in 2004,Southern League.The Bruce Winfield was considerably more populated for that game than either Swindon or Bradford.I struggle to get my head round that.
daz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterdays result was bad but not unexpected, said to my brother before the game that we going to get a hammering very soon, we got beat but expect that hammering soon im affraid.
As for attendance, poor but that was our 3rd home game in a week, to attend all three games would cost nearlly 50 as a non season ticket holder and in peak holiday season, where people are either away or saving for spending money or covering peoplles holiday that could be expected, infact out of the 10 or so people I regulary stand with , I was the only one who did all three.....it would be interesting if someone with a maths brain could work out an average home attendance if it was based on a person attending 2 out of the three games, not sure if that is possible to do.
Also wondering whats happened to the fixtures list posters the used to get posted over town, used to be everywhere ..chip shops , pubs , newsagents...went down white heart on saturday as usual before the game and got the constant what tops that and who are you playing today, a localpub full of football fans and people totally unaware of a league 1 game 5 minuites down the road..a few posters cant cost that much surely and not very hard to distribute.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darren elliott wrote:
..a few posters cant cost that much surely and not very hard to distribute.

Excellent point Darren... nothing wrong with old-skool "next home match" posters in Chip Shops, Pubs, Barber Shops etc... if only to increase brand-awareness locally.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:
My basic mathematical skills suggest we are 1000 down (per game) on average.
Any particular reason for this?
Hopefully it won't be suggested that they are all in Spain,because they're not.

Compared to the first two home games last season we are about 500 home supporters down per game.

About the number of free season tickets dished out last year... Magnify
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
darren elliott wrote:

Excellent point Darren... nothing wrong with old-skool "next home match" posters in Chip Shops, Pubs, Barber Shops etc... if only to increase brand-awareness locally.

Spot on Darren.This is the point I was trying to make,regarding the usual "Reds" pullout in the local paper,normally dished out a week or two ago.
At one time the club was quite proactive in its attempts to advertise with the local public,but not any more it would seem.
Mr.T.
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
thad wrote:
darren elliott wrote:

Spot on Darren.This is the point I was trying to make,regarding the usual "Reds" pullout in the local paper,normally dished out a week or two ago.
At one time the club was quite proactive in its attempts to advertise with the local public,but not any more it would seem.

I was also thinking about this,if you walk round our town ther is hardly any
indication at all that there is a league 1 team resident in the town.
The posters you talk of used to be in alot of windows around the parades/town centre,I wondered whether the shopkeepers dont want them
up any more or the club cant be bothered but it a very cheap and easy way to let the locals know what is happening at thier club.
Sort it out!
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.T. wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:
thad wrote:
darren elliott wrote:

The posters you talk of used to be in alot of windows around the parades/town centre,I wondered whether the shopkeepers dont want them
up any more or the club cant be bothered but it a very cheap and easy way to let the locals know what is happening at thier club.
Sort it out!

Are you offering to help?

Just that the club made a lot of off-field people redundant last season and are now heavily dependent on match day staff. I doubt there is much resource available to do it. Not an excuse but that's how it is.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Mr.T. wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:
thad wrote:
darren elliott wrote:

Sort it out!

Are you offering to help?

Just that the club made a lot of off-field people redundant last season and are now heavily dependent on match day staff. I doubt there is much resource available to do it. Not an excuse but that's how it is.

I did offer to help with the leaflet distribution last year as it goes.
I was all set to post through just about half of Tilgate,but then the plug was pulled on me doing it as I am banned.
Edinburgh Bantam
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not appoint your bell ringer as the Crawley Town Crier? He could "Oyez" and announce forthcoming fixtures around town. Perhaps you would be spared the bell at your stadium if he'd got it out of system?

No wonder your 2 players ran in different directions they heard the bell and thought school was out.

Best of luck for the rest of the season-excluding 3rd March.
daz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I would offer to help if need be, im sure others would too, I would also be willing to contribute to the cost, but wouldnt be able to organise myself as cr_p at that kind of thing.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How difficult/expensive can it be to get a few fixture posters printed and distributed around town? Shopping parades, pubs, the library......someone at the club could take an hour or two out, jump in Reggie's car and get that done. Those giant red cards with the team photo on the other side.....at the end of the Swindon game they were left for anyone to take one. Maybe the club should have kept a few dozen aside and given one to all the local schools? A little bit of community engagement led by the club? Just a thought.
As far as self promotion goes, CTFC are patently hopeless. We are not going to attract many new fans if the club show no interest in trying the basics. Which they don't.
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant wrote:
Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:

Smith - 5 - Not sure what his role is. Not an enforcer, offers little going forward

Can't disagree with most of your rating BICH but I think you've given Smith at least four marks too many Very Happy

People keep harking back to last season and the players we had then - well let me remind people that at times last season we were worse than ordinary - under both Gregory and Barker.

We offered contracts to four players at the end of the season.

Proctor was replaced by McLeod. Early days but I think we might have got a better deal

Sadler was replaced by Dickson/Bradley. I think we might have slightly weakened our defence but have been pleasently surprised by both

Jones was replaced by Edwards? Well we might be ok there

Bulman was replaced by Smith. No contest. Stevenage's best player last season. Well no wonder they were *beep* given by what we've seen in competitive games and PSFs. Whatever we are paying him is five times too much

Other players - Kyle replaced by Leacock. Quite happy with that

Larne replaces Connolly - happy with that

Drury replaced by ???????

So that's where our problem lies. We've not replaced Bully or Drury with anything like the same quality but the rest is either better or at least the same

Luke Freeman is the player from Stevenage we should have signed!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: