CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Bradford City matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a negative person, but that performance has damaged us, it was embarrassing, some of the very few who went tonight, 2000 for heavens sake, will not be coming back. God, we were awful.
Alun
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We desperately need someone in the Bulman mould. Someone who can disrupt the opponents. Without fail, lost possession in the attacking third resulted in defending our penalty area.

I can't remember a Bradford attack being broken up in midfield. We're totally powder puff and it's seriously worrying. Not one of our midfield look willing or able to mix it. We need someone horrible and we need them urgently.

We gave Bradford so much time and space all over the pitch, yet when we had the ball they were all over us, giving us no space at all.

Sadly the crowd reflected the apathy on the pitch. It seemed as if hardly anyone of a Crawley persuasion wanted to be there, whether they were on the pitch or in the stands.

Last edited by Alun on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything about tonight, our performance, our crowd (under 2000 home fans in LEAGUE ONE!) our lack of effort, passion and spirit was all in one word - pathetic.

Still, it can't be that bad again on Saturday...... can it? Shocked
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need someone who can win the ball, but the manager need to tell them to try and keep the ball it's either booted forward or when they do pass it it invariably goes astray.

I am sure we have a decent back five, but the the midfield and the managers football philosophy for the team need addressing ASAP.

We have been one of the best passing teams in the league. Over the last two season with skilful players . Yes we couldn't retain them but this lot in midfield wouldn't compete in conference league . It's embarrassing to watch.
fnb
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen all 3 league games.
Barnsley, we just about deserved the win.
Swindon, we muuged them.
Bradford, totally dominated a very light-weight mid-field. And we got what we deserved, nothing.

Unless JG signs a mid-field general in the Bulman mould and some-one with a touch of creativity I can see a hard season ahead.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worse performance in years.
The team on that showing will get relegated.I hope it's an over reaction from me,but worryingly I don't think it is.We were run ragged against Swindon on Saturday and got away with it,tonight we were well and truly found out.
The whole night was a bore fest.We didn't have a shot of any note the whole match.We lacked quality,oh for some quality.To be fair Edwards had one great run at the end of the first half and did put a few decent crosses into the box,all to no avail because we had no one to get on the end of them.
The midfield is a problem,no it's more then a problem,it's a bloody nightmare.We aren't stupid we can see it simply isn't league one quality. I soppose you get what you pay for and with our pitiful support we are getting what we deserve.
18 to watch that ,Christ,what a total waste of money.We certainly won't see the crowds grow if it continues like this.
Talking of the crowd,what is happening.We are back to conference levels. It is as big a concern as that performance.

Last edited by lee 66 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First half we competed well.

Second half we lost our way once they regained the lead and it could of been 5 or 6. The midfield is very poor, doesn't get stuck in and can't retain possession.

Bawling is full of energy but has little quality. Smith, who I thought would be a Bulman type player, doesn't do enough. And up front we didn't cause them many problems.

Can't understand why Gwion was taken off in the second half he's one of our main threats, Bawling just isn't a winger.

Dickson I thought was one of our better players, tried to get down the wing and get some crosses in.

Gwion did well providing a threat down the wing and almost scored again.

The cracks were showing even when we were winning, hopefully this will be the kick up the backside they need to improve things.

Last edited by Alex BH on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last two home games

Swindon 28 shots on target Crawley 6

Bradford 13 shots on target Crawley 3.

John Gregory needs to change the way he is getting the team to play I thought he wanted us to play attacking football.

We are playing attack and defend they attack we give them the ball back and defend again.
jacko spinking
First Team
First Team

Topics: 73

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought we were outstanding tonight and really really unlucky we should have won at least 5-3 it was embarrassing how good we were and how poor Bradford were, i cant believe we lost 3-1
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As predicted after the Swindon game our luck would run out...We are at best a mid table team and have just played probably two of the best teams in this league. Bradford were a well organized physically strong team.

No need to panic but don't think its going to be a pretty season..We are set up to counter attack both home and away and just praying we always score first..
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't good, however we did the hard work once getting back on terms and then threw it away. They were the better side, as were Swindon who missed their chances.

We only had one effort on goal (scored) - we had a few half chances first half but just like last season we faffed around instead of getting shots in.

If anyone on here knows who was playing in midfield can they let us know as it appeared to be the invisible man and a couple of brothers.

If we really have reinvested the money saved from Drury, Fadz etc then on what I have seen we have spent it pretty badly.

The crowd was a shocker, then again if we are going to average less than a goal a game we will always struggle.

To cap it all Jamie Proctor has scored 3 in 3 league games for Fleetwood, couldn't hit a cow's @rse with a banjo at Crawley and took him to January to get to 3.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacko spinking wrote:
i thought we were outstanding tonight and really really unlucky we should have won at least 5-3 it was embarrassing how good we were and how poor Bradford were, i cant believe we lost 3-1
laughing7
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second best throughout and won't be the last time we get turned over, It's always been about survival for me, just hope there are 4 worse teams. We all know the central midfield is weak but not sure how much is in the purse to address it with 2000 gates. Big challenge for JG as he's gone for similar types of small, pacy players adding a Banya rather than a Bully today. Can't see him continuing to play 2 wide men (Gwion and Dickson today) and 2 upfront when the middle, particularly Smith, are so exposed.
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were playing the whole game with ten men at best. smith stands and shouts about where players should be but fails to put his foot in.

After getting back into it he literally stood and directed Oberbanjo to tackle at the start of the build up to their second.

Embarrassing really embarrassing [/i]
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Last two home games

Swindon 28 shots on target Crawley 6

Bradford 13 shots on target Crawley 3.

John Gregory needs to change the way he is getting the team to play I thought he wanted us to play attacking football.

We are playing attack and defend they attack we give them the ball back and defend again.
there's not much.the.genius can do with two headless chickens. 1 banjo files to clear his lines and they score what idiot awards hi mom? then second headless chicken and bob runs around works very hard but like all the others lacks ability the piggy bank is empty it's a miracle we didn't lose by more goalsy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: