CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Barnsley matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We now have a very vocal and competent goalkeeper who's confidence extends through the back four (who nees Fadz?). This will soon carry on through our midfield and into our forward line.

Early days,I know,but I think we'll be ok.

JTG
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BFCJay wrote:
oldcodger wrote:
How refreshing to get an intelligent, fair and unbiased post from an apposing supporter. A agree with all comments made, including wishing you all the best of luck for the rest of the season. I think we both will need it.

I think you might do better than a lot of you are predicting. Neither side showed much creativity yesterday, but I put that down to the number of new signings on show as much as anything else. Maybe neither of us will ever set the division alight, but even in the first game of the season you already looked to have a solid defensive unit.

I can see you picking up a lot of draws on the road and, like yesterday, nicking a few victories. It may not be the best football in the world to watch, but away from home it's all about the result. There were a number of teams that visited Oakwell last season that weren't as well organised as you. The best players don't always produce the best team. A good manager and coaches can produce a team that is very difficult to break down, even without the individual talent.

I guess you'll have a much better idea of the creativity in the side after a few home games.

As far as Barnsley are concerned I have no idea ho we'll fare, but I'm going to leave it a couple of months before I make a judgement. I'm not getting all depressed because we lost to what was obviously a well organised side who I believe will repeat that kind of performance and result on a number of away trips this season.

What he said.

Young looked the only one off the pace, but hopefully he'll grow in confidence and his performances will improve. JG obviously sees something in him so we should give him time.

On a slightly sour note, I hope the moron who threw the bottle has been identified. No call for it but luckily no seeming injury resulted.
(It was thrown from the back just after the start and I think hit one of our lady supporters on the shoulder. Looked like a plastic beer bottle)
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good start but....
Reading all the comments sounds like I suspected, we are going to need a bit of luck in the next month. And as supporters we are going to have to show a bit of patience. This team is going to be inconsistent for at least a couple of months until the get to know each others strength's and weaknesses.

But saying that I really believe it will just keep improving during the season.
Laughing
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

backofthenet wrote:
BFCJay wrote:
oldcodger wrote:
How refreshing to get an intelligent, fair and unbiased post from an apposing supporter. A agree with all comments made, including wishing you all the best of luck for the rest of the season. I think we both will need it.

I think you might do better than a lot of you are predicting. Neither side showed much creativity yesterday, but I put that down to the number of new signings on show as much as anything else. Maybe neither of us will ever set the division alight, but even in the first game of the season you already looked to have a solid defensive unit.

I can see you picking up a lot of draws on the road and, like yesterday, nicking a few victories. It may not be the best football in the world to watch, but away from home it's all about the result. There were a number of teams that visited Oakwell last season that weren't as well organised as you. The best players don't always produce the best team. A good manager and coaches can produce a team that is very difficult to break down, even without the individual talent.

I guess you'll have a much better idea of the creativity in the side after a few home games.

As far as Barnsley are concerned I have no idea ho we'll fare, but I'm going to leave it a couple of months before I make a judgement. I'm not getting all depressed because we lost to what was obviously a well organised side who I believe will repeat that kind of performance and result on a number of away trips this season.

What he said.

Young looked the only one off the pace, but hopefully he'll grow in confidence and his performances will improve. JG obviously sees something in him so we should give him time.

On a slightly sour note, I hope the moron who threw the bottle has been identified. No call for it but luckily no seeming injury resulted.
(It was thrown from the back just after the start and I think hit one of our lady supporters on the shoulder. Looked like a plastic beer bottle)

I think he was Identified and ejected from the stadium.

JTG
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backofthenet wrote:

I suppose that the saving grace in this is that, as it was beer, it would have been empty - rather like the head of the one who threw it.

Admin edit: Quoting corrected
Dean Howell's Hairdresser
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 7

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great result. I wasn't at the game and have only seen the 3 clips that were shown on The Football League show. From what has been said it sounded a pretty dire afair but no goals conceeded is a good start.

Mcleod can be a class act on his day. Apart from scoring how did he play? A few seasons ago, when he was first with MK Dons, quite a lot of Premier and Championship sides were considering taking a punt on him. He should be in his prime now and with a bit of service he could get 30 goals
steve leake
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 134

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be getting old and easy to please but I thought we produced a solid away performance and just about deserved the result. I agree Lewis was off the pace and too easily brushed off the ball but as a unit I thought we defended well. Good start and when they do gel together I am sure we will see some more expansive football
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve leake wrote:
I must be getting old and easy to please but I thought we produced a solid away performance and just about deserved the result. I agree Lewis was off the pace and too easily brushed off the ball but as a unit I thought we defended well. Good start and when they do gel together I am sure we will see some more expansive football

Spot on,Steve..... Agree 100%.

JTG
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
backofthenet wrote:

I suppose that the saving grace in this is that, as it was beer, it would have been empty - rather like the head of the one who threw it.

Admin edit: Quoting corrected

No, it looked a full bottle to me. The lady who got hit was covered in beer. Was obviously thrown at the stewards.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not great camera work for the sending off but the tackle deserved a yellow and if their player had made a meal of it Gwion could have got a red. Be careful!

Cracking corner and a powerful header for the goal.

I am concerned about the comments regarding Young. Obviously not at the game myself but people saying he wasn't either (including radio commentary) does not sound like an inspiring debut.

Jim Baker
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
steve leake wrote:

Spot on,Steve..... Agree 100%.

JTG

Yup, I agree! It was a solid, professional performance!
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
positive start lets keep it going tues and lets all get behind team.regardless of score throughout game. encouraged by result. We are goung.up Wink

Shocked Great result.... but lets not get too carried away just yet... Wink
steve leake
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 134

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought goung.up was an internet address
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone who couldn't make Saturday and has a bit of time on their hands, I believe the full 90 minutes of the game is available to watch on Barnsley player.

http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/

Link to this it at the top right.
Gary M
First Team
First Team

Topics: 21

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve leake wrote:

I must be easy to please as well. Thoroughly enjoyed the game and didn't think it was dull at all. (a good goal, hit the post, a magnificent save from Jensen, a sending off.) I thought we were enterprising in our approach, especially in the first half and produced a couple of imaginitive free kicks.
With Jensen, Leacock, Walsh, Simpson and McLeod our team has a good spine with plenty of pace on the flanks. The only negative was Young's performance. Probably not his fault but too lightweight.
I suppose it shows just shows how far as a club we have come when people who would have happily taken a 0-0 hammering at Dover a few years back find room to criticize an away win at Barnsley Rolling Eyes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: