CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Retained list 2014
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Retained list 2014
Event: 05 May 2014

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....21361.aspx

Quote:
John Gregory completes talks with squad

Manager John Gregory has been meeting the players whose contracts expire at the end of the season.

The following players have been offered new contracts and have until the end of May to accept or decline their offers.

DANNIE BULMAN
MIKE JONES
JAMIE PROCTOR
MAT SADLER

The following scholars have already signed one-year contracts for the 2014-15 season.

BRADLEY ISAACS
RYAN RICHEFOND

The following players are already under contract for next season.

ANDY DRURY
CONNOR ESSAM
KYLE McFADZEAN
JOSH SIMPSON
JOE WALSH

New contracts have not been offered to the following players.

BILLY CLARKE
MARK CONNOLLY
PAUL CONNOLLY
GARY DICKER
RORY FALLON
PAUL JONES
LOUIS JOHN
JOHNNY MADDISON
ALEX MALINS
JONTE SMITH
SERGIO TORRES

John said: “Telling players they haven’t been offered a new contract is one of the hardest aspects of management and it does not get any easier over time, believe me.

“We will have a competitive playing budget for next season but unfortunately some of the players who have been part of the journey this club has been on for the last few years will not be with us. I need to reinvigorate and refresh the squad.

“On behalf of the club and the supporters, I would like to express my thanks to those players who are leaving us for their service to Crawley Town FC and wish them all the best for their futures.

“The job of re-shaping the squad and the back room team for next season is underway.

"There will be new faces and I’m sure our fans will be as supportive of them as they have of the players who have served this football club so well in the past.”

Admin edit: Story now quoted
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see the Sadler, Proctor, Jones and Bully being offered new deals

I hope we can keep at least 3 of them
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me that JG has it pretty much spot on. With Fadz, Walsh, Drury, Simpson and hopefully Bully re-signing that is the core of a decent squad.

Time will tell whether the others accept, if not we will replace them.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Jamie Proctor, as he is under 24 we would presumably be entitled to some money for him depending on what he was offered.

I would like to see Dannie Bulman offered some type of player/coach role, with a Whittingham gone it would probably help JG and I'm sure the younger players could learn from him.
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:

I would like to see Dannie Bulman offered some type of player/coach role, with a Whittingham gone it would probably help JG and I'm sure the younger players could learn from him.

great shout Simon
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iwould imagine that a number of the players not offerred new contracts are among the higher wage earners...i.e. Billy and Jonesey
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Clarke, M. Connolly and P. Jones have not been offered. As said above, can only be money.

Tough times ahead.
royboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To put things into perspective Swindon have released 10 players today so it's not just us. Have faith COYR'S
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but Swindons squad is in excess of thirty players they have retained twenty players plus players .Not sure what it proves but they ain't undergoing a clear out on our proportions.
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So at this moment in time we have a squad of 7 for next season and 2 of those are "young scholar" players.

I'll see if my boots still fit me Wink
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're certainly not Big Spending Crawley anymore.

Given that we can't afford to keep three of our best players I has to be Operation Survival next season.

Hopefully Bulman, Sadler, Proctor and M. Jones will sign up and we can get Edwards and Tubbs on board but the outlook remains pretty bleak.
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the faith people & stop worrying. Season has only just finished & new one doesn't start until August. Lets see what JG comes up with before the new season starts before we start with the doom & gloom Laughing

Ben
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Ben wrote:
Keep the faith people & stop worrying. Season has only just finished & new one doesn't start until August. Lets see what JG comes up with before the new season starts before we start with the doom & gloom Laughing

Ben

Well it is a concern but, as I've previously stated, many other clubs are in similar positions. Perhaps a general lowering of standards and/or wages below Championship level is looming. It's no different to what the wider economy has been experiencing really. Football isn't immune. Long term, I think it's probably a good thing for clubs as the FPP will reduce the number going bust. However, anyone with opportunities other than becoming a pro footballer are perhaps more likely to be lost to the game.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
Shocked Clarke, M. Connolly and P. Jones have not been offered. As said above, can only be money.

Tough times ahead.

Money is tight but in the cold light of day I'm not that shocked.

Paul Jones - great shot stopper but made a few mistakes and doesn't come off his line. Plus kicking not great.

Mark Connolly - loses out as we have 3 x CBs on contract and JG may be looking for a more experienced RB.

Billy Clarke - talented lad but always has to faff around to get it on the left foot and drifted out of far too many games. TBH I think Billy will do well at a better club where he can be a playmaker .

I'm sure we will be able to replace them. For example I would have Edwards ahead of Clarke any day.
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:

Tough times ahead.

Money is tight but in the cold light of day I'm not that shocked.

Paul Jones - great shot stopper but made a few mistakes and doesn't come off his line. Plus kicking not great.

Mark Connolly - loses out as we have 3 x CBs on contract and JG may be looking for a more experienced RB.

Billy Clarke - talented lad but always has to faff around to get it on the left foot and drifted out of far too many games. TBH I think Billy will do well at a better club where he can be a playmaker .

I'm sure we will be able to replace them. For example I would have Edwards ahead of Clarke any day.

Agreed on most of your points above. Connolly and Clarke are good and proven players at this level but hardly world beaters.

Jones though - whilst having made a couple of errors - is one of the better goalkeepers in this division and one who I think could genuinely make the step up.

It's ok saying there are better - that I agree with - but it'll be hard attracting them to a small club with no money. At least these three players could cut it.

I'm not panicking yet I really do think this season will be a struggle.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of players have taken to Twitter following the release of the list this morning.

Billy Clarke - https://twitter.com/billyclarke7/status/463247664520638464

Click to view this image at its original size
Click on the image to view it at its original size

Mark Connolly - https://twitter.com/Mark5Connolly/status/463298946530832384

Click to view this image at its original size
Click on the image to view it at its original size
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: