CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Hereford United matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tels
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JB wrote:
Having seen it again, the goalscorer was behind the provider when the ball was played, so it was onside.

I was in line which is more than any camera was and in my opinion he was in front.

Also for the first Deano got a good old fashioned shove in the back just as he was deciding what to do with MK. I even think as a result he stumbled onto the ball pushing it past MK.
Was our Offside goal really offside??
josefk
First Team
First Team

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
josefk wrote:
Not sure what I laughed at more today the defending for the second goal or the shouts for it to be offside. Good solid Ref today, certainly made less mistakes than the team.

Not a lot to say about the game, understand the team being cheesed off with losing but there were fans there who had been strong throughout the whole season, and for the whole of the games, that would have liked the normal end of season walk round the pitch but in fairness I suppose by the time they would have come back out nobody would have been in the ground.

Either way, good luck for next week and see you next season for some more "football".

I reckoned there were two wrong offside calls that I was in a decent position to see. One was called against our attack - wrongly. The other was when Hereford were allowed to continue attacking. No goal was scored because of it though.

That's what I mean by a good solid ref, two offsides which in fairness at this level with NARs you would give 99.5% of the time, and in all fairness two mistakes where probably our best player made 10 times that today. That's what I always mean by unfair benchmarking of officials Paul. Two mistakes that didn't cost anything whereas fans put up time and time again with player mistakes that do cost.

I honestly thought Kuips should have been dismissed so not sure why cautioned when he deliberately handled outside the area, nor what he was doing there in the first place.

Oh well, down to the wire now, lots of talk of signings etc etc and a month or so off before the first friendlies to look forward to.
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be no excuses.
Regardless of all of this the only 2 decent shots we had against the second from bottom side was the "offside" goal and Sergio's crossbar shot.
Not good enough and no excuses are acceptable with what we had, and still very fortunately have thanks to Crewe, to play for.

Just watched the goals again on the League Show on Iplayer and my flesh is prickling all over again.
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
There should be no excuses.
Regardless of all of this the only 2 decent shots we had against the second from bottom side was the "offside" goal and Sergio's crossbar shot.
Not good enough and no excuses are acceptable with what we had, and still very fortunately have thanks to Crewe, to play for.

Just watched the goals again on the League Show on Iplayer and my flesh is prickling all over again.

Did i imagine their keepers save from Davies?

Also just watch FLS - clear push on Howell for their first.
Old Bill
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: matchday thread Reply with quote

We all accept that today was a disaster, However even the best teams sometimes have an off day. Lets move on. However my view is why do we leave Gary Alexander as the lone striker. He works his socks off with little support. Billy Clarke disappears into a hole (quite literally). At least when big John Akinde (love him or hate him) came on we looked more like a balanced strike force. Lets hope CB thinks long and hard about his team selection for the Accrington game. I would even like to see David Hunt back to sure up a very shakey defence.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tels wrote:
JB wrote:
Having seen it again, the goalscorer was behind the provider when the ball was played, so it was onside.

I was in line which is more than any camera was and in my opinion he was in front.

Pause the SSN footage as the ball is played, if you get to see it, and look at the grass. The goal scorer is a good three yards behind the ball when it is played to him.

I'm talking SSN footage rather than the BBC, as the BBC camera was moved away from his normal position towards to the press area as the SSN guy was there first. The SSN footage shows he's onside, the BBC one has him out of shot.
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I'd better wait until today to post as I really didn't want to embarrass myself, the team did that yesterday without trying!

As for the 12th man that the club wanted to see in the ground yesterday, how many bloody 12th men do they need? A nice large, noisy crowd getting behind them and they play like that!

Embarrassing.
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cleanest player at the final whistle was the Hereford 'keeper - just a tip over from Davies,apart from that he wasn't extended at all.- Billy Clarke was only slightly dirtier

Craig Brewster reminded me of Billy Smith in not having the nous or ability to change our game plan.

On the day,we were OUT-CLASSED.OUT-FOUGHT & OUT-THOUGHT.

I will be at Accrington next week in the hope we return with three points and open another chapter in the Reds history book.

JTG
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another game where we insist on playing players out of position. LEFT footed players on the LEFT, and RIGHT footed players on the RIGHT, PLEASE.

I would much rather see Simpson in midfield, he lacks the pace to be a defender in today's game. Davies plays some good balls, about 1 in 4. Wassmer has a future in the game like Ellis Hooper (remember him?) unless he cuts the positional errors down.

I saw a comment on here saying the midfield was ok and it was all down to the forwards and defenders. I thought the midfield was pants. Danny Bulman was the best and he was way below par. Davies needs to be more accurate more often. Sergio lived up to my expectations. Fadz is a centre back.

Alexander received no service and had to rely on scraps. Clarke needs to play on the left - I would put him left midfield and move Bulman into the middle with Simpson, Neilson on the right. With Alexander, Big John upfront - apart from goals he does the rest - and will rough up the defenders in preparation for a nippy midfielder joining the affray.

Defensively it has all been said. Fadz and Davis/Mills. Shearer in goal. Hunt right back, and Howell on the left.

I actuall liked the move to three at the back, bold move that failed to pay off as the midfield was poor.

Disappointed, but at the start of the season would take where we are now!
Tels
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Tels wrote:
JB wrote:

Pause the SSN footage as the ball is played, if you get to see it, and look at the grass. The goal scorer is a good three yards behind the ball when it is played to him.

I'm talking SSN footage rather than the BBC, as the BBC camera was moved away from his normal position towards to the press area as the SSN guy was there first. The SSN footage shows he's onside, the BBC one has him out of shot.

OK Pete - if you say so i did not see the SSN coverage and was relying on eyes that are not as young as they used to be! Very Happy
Deano definitely pushed into the ball though! Evil or Very Mad
allo allo
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 23

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
Another game where we insist on playing players out of position. LEFT footed players on the LEFT, and RIGHT footed players on the RIGHT, PLEASE.

I would much rather see Simpson in midfield, he lacks the pace to be a defender in today's game. Davies plays some good balls, about 1 in 4. Wassmer has a future in the game like Ellis Hooper (remember him?) unless he cuts the positional errors down.

I saw a comment on here saying the midfield was ok and it was all down to the forwards and defenders. I thought the midfield was pants. Danny Bulman was the best and he was way below par. Davies needs to be more accurate more often. Sergio lived up to my expectations. Fadz is a centre back.

Alexander received no service and had to rely on scraps. Clarke needs to play on the left - I would put him left midfield and move Bulman into the middle with Simpson, Neilson on the right. With Alexander, Big John upfront - apart from goals he does the rest - and will rough up the defenders in preparation for a nippy midfielder joining the affray.

Defensively it has all been said. Fadz and Davis/Mills. Shearer in goal. Hunt right back, and Howell on the left.

I actuall liked the move to three at the back, bold move that failed to pay off as the midfield was poor.

Agree with most of this. Alexander desperately needs a proper strike partner because Billy Clarke isn't it. I'd also go with Big John as well as GA, and see what happens with them as a pair. However the midfield is crying out for creativity, and I don't have a simple answer there.
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allo allo wrote:
Phil T wrote:

Agree with most of this. Alexander desperately needs a proper strike partner because Billy Clarke isn't it. I'd also go with Big John as well as GA, and see what happens with them as a pair. However the midfield is crying out for creativity, and I don't have a simple answer there.

Move McFadzean back to centre back with Mills, that will straight away improve our midfield creativity and tighten up our defence. Then maybe bring in Ben Smith or Hunt at FB and move Simpson forward?
Another one off forward option and with a better goalscoring record than Big John (who hasnt!?) would be to put Wassmer up with Alexander. Although his game has mistakes in it he does show a fair amount of skill and composure on the ball, which you could never accuse Big John of!
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

josefk wrote:
Paulc222 wrote:
josefk wrote:
Not sure what I laughed at more today the defending for the second goal or the shouts for it to be offside. Good solid Ref today, certainly made less mistakes than the team.

Not a lot to say about the game, understand the team being cheesed off with losing but there were fans there who had been strong throughout the whole season, and for the whole of the games, that would have liked the normal end of season walk round the pitch but in fairness I suppose by the time they would have come back out nobody would have been in the ground.

Either way, good luck for next week and see you next season for some more "football".

I reckoned there were two wrong offside calls that I was in a decent position to see. One was called against our attack - wrongly. The other was when Hereford were allowed to continue attacking. No goal was scored because of it though.

That's what I mean by a good solid ref, two offsides which in fairness at this level with NARs you would give 99.5% of the time, and in all fairness two mistakes where probably our best player made 10 times that today. That's what I always mean by unfair benchmarking of officials Paul. Two mistakes that didn't cost anything whereas fans put up time and time again with player mistakes that do cost.

I honestly thought Kuips should have been dismissed so not sure why cautioned when he deliberately handled outside the area, nor what he was doing there in the first place.

Oh well, down to the wire now, lots of talk of signings etc etc and a month or so off before the first friendlies to look forward to.

I've no complaint against officials either. I have seen some pretty poor refereeing performances down the years and that wasn't one of them. Lino performances are harder to judge because most borderline decisions are whether or not to give offside - and as a spectator, obviously I only get a decent view of a small fraction of those.
Kuipers should have been sent off in the first half.
Looking at the replay on I-player, I do see a shove in Howell's back for their first. I didn't spot that at the time. However, as a left footer, he should still have booted it towards the north east corner. Impossible to tell about offside for the second. I didn't think it was at the time
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
My report on the game: SHOCKING.
End of.

Were we actually trying ??????

Admin edit: Quoting corrected
bandy1954
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 66

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Comments from the Bulls. Reply with quote

Comments from the Bulls.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/.....kelly.html
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: