Harry Kewell
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#1: Harry Kewell Author: WodinLocation: the computer wing of the mansion PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:58 pm
    —
Just thought I'd put it under a separate heading....welcome Harry.

Hope all goes well, could be the start of something great

#2: Re: Harry Kewell Author: royboyLocation: Horsham PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:11 pm
    —
Wodin wrote:
Just thought I'd put it under a separate heading....welcome Harry.

Hope all goes well, could be the start of something great

I second that

#3:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:43 pm
    —
this is either pure genius or a complete disaster waiting to happen. I sincerely hope its the former. I welcome Harry and will judge him on his term at the club. I am not stating my disagreement with the appointment am supportive of him in joint desire for the greatest club of all clubs in the world to prosper. my immediate concern is hoping he has not been awarded a lengthy contract. Personally I dont know what the rush to appoint a manager was but equally I understand most people would disagree and wish a new manager time to get to know the squad he has after all inherited.

Harry Out! Wink ........of the North and into the South ...no longer up north lets hope he can work some magic down south

On a serious note I am curious why HK (and welcome any serious replies here) but please don't distract from fact I am accepting of his appointment and wish him well. Its true that we start the new season together and theres nothing like getting behind the team. We do have a misfit if a squad and it will be tough and challenging for him inheriting players but hey most managers walking into new jobs don't sack the entire workforce and have to work with what they inherit.

Last edited by Red, Red & Red on Tue May 23, 2017 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

#4:  Author: David RLocation: Jeju Island, South Korea PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:49 pm
    —
He is our new manager, shall we get behind him?

#5:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:51 pm
    —
David R wrote:
YES it would be madness not to its somewhat controversial and unclear to me why he surfaced and im concerned about experience at the job he now has but I am completely behind him we haven't even started the season so to not be behind him at this stage seems foolish and counter-productive.

#6:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:19 pm
    —
RR&R in two sensible posts in a row shock! Shocked

Seriously, it's a completely left field appointment, but I hope it works out. DD had no management experience in L2 and it showed. Hopefully Harry can work some magic and get the squad playing with some pride and passion, some effort and commitment. It was sorely lacking on many occasions last season. Maybe his experience of playing at the very top level will rub off on the players.

As RRR said, it's either complete genius or will be an unmitigated disaster. I'm cautiously optimistic for the former.

#7:  Author: Ashdown Red PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:37 pm
    —
Welcome Harry, i hope your stay here is long and successful.
It is good that CTFC have avoided the route of appointing a manager who is on the lower league managers merry go round.
Lets hope this turns out to be an inspired appointment.

#8:  Author: Stuart of ShildonLocation: Shildon, County Durham PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:53 pm
    —
David R wrote:
Like we did with DD.

#9:  Author: seanoLocation: Cowfold cottage tandoori PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:12 pm
    —
A really curious appointment this, I wonder if Feeney will be running the show with HK as more a of a figurehead/PR exercise.

What I hope it does say is that Erin is being ambitious. I can't imagine HK would have said yes unless he was confident that he was going to be backed with a decent budget etc, especially as it's his first job in management.

Either way good luck to HK and lets hope we don't get drawn against Leeds in any cups!

#10:  Author: Ashdown Red PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:54 pm
    —
seano wrote:

Either way good luck to HK and lets hope we don't get drawn against Leeds in any cups!

Well i hope that we a playing them in the league the season after next Wink

#11:  Author: Red ArmyLocation: London PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:03 pm
    —
Gamble of an appointment, but with his high profile come a lot of positives. Let's try and focus on those.

I for one will be getting behind him.

#12:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:58 pm
    —
Stuart of Shildon wrote:
David R wrote:
Like we did with DD.

Like we should do with every new manager, or player.

#13:  Author: Maidenbower Millionaire PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:05 pm
    —
Welcome Harry !

#14:  Author: ant PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:37 pm
    —
NorthgateRed wrote:
Maybe his experience of playing at the very top level will rub off on the players.

He also played for Liverpool and Australia so that's a bit closer to Crawley level Very Happy

#15:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:54 am
    —
seano wrote:
A really curious appointment this, I wonder if Feeney will be running the show with HK as more a of a figurehead/PR exercise.

What I hope it does say is that Erin is being ambitious. I can't imagine HK would have said yes unless he was confident that he was going to be backed with a decent budget etc, especially as it's his first job in management.

disagree i bet HK jumped at chance. How many league clubs? How many people wanting to manage one?

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2