New Crawley Town FC forum
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#16:  Author: R3d DevilLocation: Horsham PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:54 pm
    —
Usernames probably are not working due to the fact you cant have spaces in youre username when registering.

#17: Re: New Crawley Town FC forum Author: DamoLocation: Reigate PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:00 pm
    —
Steve Subbuteo wrote:
Alex BH wrote:
With the sad announcement of the closure of this beloved forum, I have created another forum that I hope many CTFC.net users will migrate to, keeping their old usernames preferably.

I will promote this forum as much as I can and will customise it as best as I can to make it as interesting as possible.

http://ctfcfansforum.freeforums.net/

Alex

Thank you very much for making the effort Alex. Just a thought, I used to post on another forum, and they didn't separate football and off topic, it made for some interesting and sometimes random but amusing threads. People would include (N/F Non-football) at the end of the thread title, then it was up to you what to click. The off topic section on here is largely forgotten it seems by most users. Anyway, just an idea. and cheers for not letting the forum die!

Yes, I agree with this Steve. Although off-topic stuff maybe needs even more moderating? Anyway, I'm off to try and sign up to the new one...

#18:  Author: revsieLocation: Taunton PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:10 pm
    —
Well done Alex,

After helping a few friends and family setup websites and such I know how hard it can be.

Good luck and if I can help just give me a shout.

I am signed up, see you on the other side.

#19:  Author: Alex BH PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:44 pm
    —
Thanks to everyone for their feedback. If I can get over 100 members on the forum I would be delighted.

At the moment I will wait until I get more posts on there and see if the members continue to grow before seeing if it's necessary to categorize posts and set up sub forums.

I'm also thinking about purchasing a domain, so that the forum has a unique web address.

#20:  Author: David RLocation: Jeju Island, South Korea PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:24 pm
    —
I think you'll get a few more than 100.

#21:  Author: AndrewLocation: Pound Hill PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:57 am
    —
Well done Alex.

And well done Peter for the last yonksy years hello2

Am currently in Mexico on holiday (as you do) and I assume when it asks for the email address and "enter" it will then ask me to press a sent link - unfortunately my work emails are not arriving here (what a terrible shame !!) so I will have to join next week when back in Blighty and at the grindstone.

Cheers and best of luck with this;. "Andrew" (copyright Wink )

#22:  Author: Phil TLocation: Ifield PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:49 am
    —
The new forum won't take spaces in the username.

#23:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:43 am
    —
Phil T wrote:
The new forum won't take spaces in the username.
you can go in after registration and change how your user name appears I belive the admin on the new site has put up a post specifically about this it certainly worked for me

it says (cut/pasted below....)
Quote:

If you want to create a display name with spaces or comma's in just simply go to profile on the top navigation bar -> click the blue edit profile button -> click personal -> change your display name and save it then you're good to go![/quote}

#24:  Author: notsoLocation: Worth PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:49 pm
    —
Alex BH wrote:
Thanks to everyone for their feedback. If I can get over 100 members on the forum I would be delighted.

At the moment I will wait until I get more posts on there and see if the members continue to grow before seeing if it's necessary to categorize posts and set up sub forums.

I'm also thinking about purchasing a domain, so that the forum has a unique web address.

Always worth getting a separate domain name. They are pretty cheap to buy and you can find cheap hosting too (don't go for the free hosting otherwise you will get adverts added all over the forum. Peter used to pay for his domain name etc. by his Google advert banner hence to reason he never had to ask for donations. Maybe an idea for you?

#25:  Author: Alex BH PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:23 pm
    —
notso wrote:
Alex BH wrote:

Always worth getting a separate domain name. They are pretty cheap to buy and you can find cheap hosting too (don't go for the free hosting otherwise you will get adverts added all over the forum. Peter used to pay for his domain name etc. by his Google advert banner hence to reason he never had to ask for donations. Maybe an idea for you?
Thanks for your suggestion Notso, I am considering getting a domain name for the forum and want to get a proper banner sorted. At the moment it's still very early days and I'm waiting to see how things go.

#26:  Author: Alex BH PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:31 pm
    —
David R wrote:
Up to 121 members so far.

#27:  Author: ArmchairfanLocation: DFS PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:47 pm
    —
Alex BH wrote:
David R wrote:

It's actually a quiet time of the year for forums......close season and all..
You just watch the numbers rise as the season picks up, opposition fans signing up.

It's a shame that CTFC.Net will be no more, but what a great way to clean up the membership of its non existent users??

#28:  Author: Alex BH PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:51 pm
    —
Armchairfan wrote:
Alex BH wrote:
David R wrote:

It's actually a quiet time of the year for forums......close season and all..
You just watch the numbers rise as the season picks up, opposition fans signing up.

It's a shame that CTFC.Net will be no more, but what a great way to clean up the membership of its non existent users??
I hope so armchair, I'm pleased with the progress so far in less than a week. I've also advertised the forum on the 'CRAWLEY TOWN FOR LIFE' Facebook group, which hopefully I will gain some members from.

#29:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:11 pm
    —
It doesn't work for me at... work, but you'll all be pleased to hear that I'm sure I'll sign up at home at some stage. Wink

#30:  Author: Alex BH PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:07 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
It doesn't work for me at... work, but you'll all be pleased to hear that I'm sure I'll sign up at home at some stage. Wink
Ian, I have exactly the same problem, annoying as it is, it's probably karma for me for wasting work time Wink

P.s good to hear you'll be joining!

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 3