BHA promoted
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#1: BHA promoted Author: thad PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:38 pm
    —
Twenty years ago to the day, since that match at Hereford... Brighton & Hove Albion are promoted to the top flight.

#2:  Author: Hickmott Senior PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:47 pm
    —
...oh

#3:  Author: ArmchairfanLocation: DFS PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:48 pm
    —
To the day???
I thought that must be wrong, as it was the seasons final game.

03/05/97 was the date of that winner takes all fixture!! Very Happy

#4:  Author: IvorLocation: Charlwood PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:54 pm
    —
Seagulls,Pompey and Plymouth all promoted on the same day.Good day for the South Coast!

#5:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:00 pm
    —
Thankfully our owners have more credability as part of ripping up an area of outstanfing natural beauy was a moduler upgrade but despite ovetpriced ticketing already exceeding many premier proper clubs the Brighton have no plans to build more to accomodate demand. Unfortunately Crawley wont pick up many fans on falmer village season ticket waiting list whilst the dummy has us sliding into nonnleague football

#6:  Author: Red ArmyLocation: London PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:03 pm
    —
Can't be good news for our floating support.

#7:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:05 pm
    —
Red Army wrote:
Can't be good news for our floating support.
not sure we have any floaters left our regular attendance seems to be 1800 then.just add on thevawsy support = match attendance

#8:  Author: Sussex Boy PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:46 pm
    —
Hope they come straight back down as a laughing stock.

Then 2 years drop down again and playing in front of 7,000....

#9:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:02 pm
    —
Sussex Boy wrote:

what happened with them.was they regained the support many years ago they previously had. With Crawley its a different situation as we are attempting to grow support

#10:  Author: TownMeadLeftoverLocation: South Devon PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:05 pm
    —
Sussex Boy wrote:

An interesting point of view from someone who posts as Sussex Boy

dontknow

#11:  Author: Sussex Boy PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:56 pm
    —
TownMeadLeftover wrote:
Sussex Boy wrote:

An interesting point of view from someone who posts as Sussex Boy

dontknow

??????

Just because I'm from Sussex doesn't mean I have to have any like or connection to Brighton.....

#12:  Author: josefkLocation: West Stand A90 PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:56 pm
    —
I know quite a few have some angst with Brighton but just for Chris Hughton alone I'm happy for them.

Chris managed Tottenham reserves back in 2000 (or 2001) and I had them against Wimbledon reserves who used Sutton Utds ground for reserve games. Ruel Fox played that game and Johnny Jackson was being given a look over for future things. He was the nicest fella that I ever came across in football and for that I'm happy for him.

#13:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:28 pm
    —
What hope of BBC Falmer Village will squeeze Reds out even more now. I also think the club will have to work all the harder to attract support to Crawley.

#14:  Author: Ashdown Red PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:15 am
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:
What hope of BBC Falmer Village will squeeze Reds out even more now. I also think the club will have to work all the harder to attract support to Crawley.

I would hope and expect Crawley to win more games than Brighton next season. Wink

#15:  Author: thad PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:37 am
    —
Armchairfan wrote:
To the day???
I thought that must be wrong, as it was the seasons final game.

03/05/97 was the date of that winner takes all fixture!! Very Happy

That'll teach me to post verbatim a message from an over-excited relative Embarassed

Josef is absolutely right about Chris Hughton, splendid chap & half-decent football manager. In fact - after the disgusting way that they treated him - I hope Wagner's Valkerie get the 2nd spot and Newcastle spectacularly blow out in the play-offs too,

I have had my issues with Brighton fans & the local media - the likes of that *beep* Ian Harte - over the years, but those that remember the Archer, Stanley & Bellotti regime and the trip to home games at Preistfield deserve their moment in the sunshine.

Last edited by thad on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 3