Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#46:  Author: thad PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:32 am
    —
PEETEE wrote:
Took my 12 year old grandson to game for the first time and he was pleased to be given an Easter Egg which was very nice of the club. Then this morning he asked if the egg was because the football was so bad, not sure what to reply

Tell him that he is far too perceptive and intelligent to be wasting his time watching our team attempt to string a few passes together...
study

#47:  Author: reigatered PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:45 am
    —
Probably the worst game I have seen Crawley play for six or seven years. We were absolutely dire. Only one shot on goal (that I can remember) against one of the other worst teams in the Division. No style, no attacking prowess, no tactical awareness, no passion - so bad.

There are some on this form who talk about 'reasons for optimism' or that 'The Project' is moving in the right direction. I just do not know what they are looking at.

How much longer is Boldwijn going to take the money for almost zero effort? When will Murphy challenge for a ball in the air? When will Kaby and Smith pass the ball forward? I could go on but what's the point, the manager will say we did well - as we slip inexorably towards utter mediocrity and the very bottom of the league.

#48:  Author: Paulc222 PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:40 pm
    —
thad wrote:
PEETEE wrote:
Took my 12 year old grandson to game for the first time and he was pleased to be given an Easter Egg which was very nice of the club. Then this morning he asked if the egg was because the football was so bad, not sure what to reply

Tell him that he is far too perceptive and intelligent to be wasting his time watching our team attempt to string a few passes together...
study

Tell him that the manager got one too, so he can hatch some new ideas.

#49:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:56 pm
    —
Paulc222 wrote:
thad wrote:
PEETEE wrote:

study

Tell him that the manager got one too, so he can hatch some new ideas.
the yokes on the clowns that took the risk employing the novice. He scrambled a half hatch squad together poached up some ideas and let nothing ever gets to boiling point we are luke warm at best.

#50:  Author: trev PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:36 pm
    —
Yesterdays match performance was an embarrassment we looked like they were just going through the motions as most of them have contracts for next year there was no urgency. Maybe we should have a clause in there contracts that a bonus will be paid if we finish the season above half way and the higher we finish the bigger the bonus, just a thought. If they finish below half way then they owe the club money on a sliding scale on positions down the league.
I know it will never happen probably some rule or other that says you cant do it, or on another option depending on league position spectators get a refund both season ticket holders and pay on the day. This would mean keeping your pay on the day tickets till the end of the season. What it boils down too is that I am fed up with paying for crap performances like yesterday.

#51:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:03 pm
    —
trev wrote:
Yesterdays match performance was an embarrassment we looked like they were just going through the motions as most of them have contracts for next year there was no urgency. Maybe we should have a clause in there contracts that a bonus will be paid if we finish the season above half way and the higher we finish the bigger the bonus, just a thought. If they finish below half way then they owe the club money on a sliding scale on positions down the league.
I know it will never happen probably some rule or other that says you cant do it, or on another option depending on league position spectators get a refund both season ticket holders and pay on the day. This would mean keeping your pay on the day tickets till the end of the season. What it boils down too is that I am fed up with paying for crap performances like yesterday.
i know STH choosing to go elsewhere recently because its dire now; its however the STH that now make up most the drifting support.

#52:  Author: Sons FC PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 pm
    —
I went along with Sons FC Jr yesterday - the first match we had been to for a few weeks.

Wow. I have been watching football for about 35 years and without doubt, that was one of the worst games I have ever seen.

Crawley were pretty poor, with some exceptions and Cheltenham will be wondering how they didn't win that one.

Not one real solid chance in the whole game - I think the stats showed two shots on target but I could have dealt with those. I though Kaby and Smith played reasonably in the middle and the defence were pretty solid apart from two or three times but up front?? My goodness, what is the point of launching high balls against the tallest team I think I have ever seen? Totally ineffective.

I don't think we won a single header in their half of the pitch the whole game.

I know it is fashionable (and has become almost a national sport in itself) to criticise the referee in every game but I thought he was absolutely outstanding. I don't think he got a decision wrong all game, and he was clearly explaining his decisions to the players. He handed out the cards sensibly and at the correct times and he calmed a lot of the tension down by having a word. I would be happy for us to get him every week.

In summary, poor game, lucky point but we will certainly be back as often as we can.

#53:  Author: far2jammy PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:57 pm
    —
Simon wrote:
josefk wrote:
That was the first game I've managed to get to in a long while and for that alone I feel grateful.
Thought it was funny when Murphy went down as if he'd been shot through the head by a sniper in the first half when tackled with so much aggression that it wouldn't have knocked a toddler over.

Bettered in the second half by Blackman who was fouled and ran towards the opponent aggressively. The ref stepped in so he dropped to the ground and rolled over a couple of times.

If his football was as good as his drama he would be some player.

I see your "been shot" and "drop and roll" and raise you a Jimmy Smith scream. No contact from the opposition awful gamesman ship from our captain shameful.

#54:  Author: ant PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:31 pm
    —
Sons FC wrote:

I know it is fashionable (and has become almost a national sport in itself) to criticise the referee in every game but I thought he was absolutely outstanding. I don't think he got a decision wrong all game.

He should have booked their 9 for the foul on Smith - he didn't because he'd already been booked but it was as clear a foul as you like.

McNerney should have been given a penalty - the holding tore his shirt in half - even crappy shirts don't just rip unless they are pulled. Cheltenham were far too physical at corners and free kicks

And I also though Pell was lucky to stay on the pitch - him and Blackman having a ding-dong all game was one of the highlights

#55:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:49 pm
    —
far2jammy wrote:
Simon wrote:
josefk wrote:
That was the first game I've managed to get to in a long while and for that alone I feel grateful.
Thought it was funny when Murphy went down as if he'd been shot through the head by a sniper in the first half when tackled with so much aggression that it wouldn't have knocked a toddler over.

Bettered in the second half by Blackman who was fouled and ran towards the opponent aggressively. The ref stepped in so he dropped to the ground and rolled over a couple of times.

If his football was as good as his drama he would be some player.

I see your "been shot" and "drop and roll" and raise you a Jimmy Smith scream. No contact from the opposition awful gamesman ship from our captain shameful.

I see it's open season on CTFC players now. Nice to see these traditions continuing. .... Confused

#56:  Author: Peter PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:14 pm
    —
ant wrote:
And I also though Pell was lucky to stay on the pitch - him and Blackman having a ding-dong all game was one of the highlights

A few of us had a 'red card' sweepstake. I took Pell before he was booked because his niggling of Blackman. Sadly it all calmed down after Pell got a yellow.

#57:  Author: josefkLocation: West Stand A90 PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:18 pm
    —
ant wrote:
Sons FC wrote:

I know it is fashionable (and has become almost a national sport in itself) to criticise the referee in every game but I thought he was absolutely outstanding. I don't think he got a decision wrong all game.

He should have booked their 9 for the foul on Smith - he didn't because he'd already been booked but it was as clear a foul as you like.

McNerney should have been given a penalty - the holding tore his shirt in half - even crappy shirts don't just rip unless they are pulled. Cheltenham were far too physical at corners and free kicks

Did he tell you that was the reason Ant or is it an assumption stated as fact? I don't know what angle he saw it from or distance to be honest and I don't know the reason he didn't give a second caution. Where you saw it from and angle etc would be different.

Again with Mcnerney, did he see it? With a lot going on things do get missed whether we think it's right they do or not. Players get in the sight lines etc. So you can see the result of an action but not the action. I found that out the hard way when I sent off someone for VC when I heard the punch, my assistant also heard the punch but it was at the other half whilst we were having a corner, wrongly, or rightly, our attention was where the play was and he greater chance of a foul etc. Went to a hearing and was asked exactly what I saw, what could I say? Lesson learnt the hard way.

I'm in agreement with the fella from Sons FC. Didn't see him do anything wrong to be honest. That Ref will be involved in the future at far higher level games than any of our, or their, players will ever be.

#58:  Author: Crawley001Location: West Sussex PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:53 pm
    —
I thought the ref ruined the game. He could have sent someone (anyone!) off and/or given a penalty and the game would have been a little more interesting!

The only reason we stayed for the second half was in the hope of seeing it flare up from one of Blackman, Pell or their striker Laughing

Fully agree with Tommy D (page 2), where has the passing game gone?! If there was a time to play it it was this match. Not sure how Harrold got injured, he seemed okay in the warm up which was hardly strenuous anyway, maybe in putting his socks on?

Been happy this season (only go every so often) as there seemed to be improvement from past seasons but this game was like playing under Gregory again.

#59:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:10 pm
    —
Ref was as hopeless as Dummy's tactics.

#60:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:21 pm
    —
When you see the type of errors refs at top level make (handball at Man U and the most laughable penalty at Ross Co/Celtic) then you can see why we struggle.

To be fair I thought Saturday's guy was above average for L2.

Remember they get no assistance from the Assistants who can't see things from two yards away or are afraid to make decisions.

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
Page 4 of 5