Other Sports ????
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Off Topic

#1: Other Sports ???? Author: Maidenbower Millionaire PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:22 pm
    —
I have just watched a couple of evenings of Mosconi Cup POOL from Alexander Palace, which consists of Europe v USA. Basically a POOL version of the Ryder Cup.
It was a good watch and it made me think about what other sports you lot enjoy watching when not supporting our beloved Reds ?

Feel free to join in ....,

#2:  Author: Sussex Boy PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:45 pm
    —
Horse Racing is my 2nd love and in last few years got into cricket

#3:  Author: thad PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:02 am
    —
Gotta agree with Sussex Boy, I love a day at the races and also arrived at Cricket a bit late, growing up I always hated it until the point in my early teens when someone showed me how to bowl properly and then I really got into it, but although I maintain an interest, I genuinely struggle to sit still watching it.

There are actually lotsa sports I've enjoyed playing including rugger, basketball, baseball, tennis, snooker & badders, but can't watch to save my life. I got into NFL through my sons interest and try and catch it when its on.

One game I've never played but really enjoy watching - due mainly to the influence of a certain Antipodean lady - is Aussie Rules Football. It is brutal but great fun and full of incident. I have also attended a few boxing evenings and always found it enjoyable, particularly amateur youth competitions, but tend to lose interest in the pro level, too much hype and not enough fight.

Has anyone played croquet? forget the image, it is actually a top time, particularly with a drink or two and is more tactical than it superficially appears.

#4:  Author: Sussex Boy PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:08 pm
    —
I do have to admit Thad.....that I preferr a Monday afternoon at Plumpton and going to the smaller courses during the week.

Don't get me wrong....I have been to Goodwood and Epsom but find those places full of poser types.

#5:  Author: thad PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:16 pm
    —
Sussex Boy wrote:
I do have to admit Thad.....that I preferr a Monday afternoon at Plumpton and going to the smaller courses during the week.

Don't get me wrong....I have been to Goodwood and Epsom but find those places full of poser types.

I know what you mean, but alcohol can be a great leveller.

I'm a big fan of Lingfield Park. They do a full Saturday programme which appeals to everyone, at a very decent price and it usually ends with a cheesy concert too.. always a great atmosphere and the fish & chips are legendary.

#6:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:37 pm
    —
Cycling, skiing, rugby union, cross country and long distance running maybe

#7:  Author: Maidenbower Millionaire PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:02 pm
    —
Sussex Boy wrote:

I once went to Happy Valley in Hong Kong for a night horse racing meeting, it was amazing, the grandstand was about 7 levels high, the crowd created such an amazing atmosphere. Very Happy

#8:  Author: Phil TLocation: Ifield PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:37 am
    —
thad wrote:
One game I've never played but really enjoy watching - due mainly to the influence of a certain Antipodean lady - is Aussie Rules Football. It is brutal but great fun and full of incident.

Damn, Thad, I thought I would be the one mentioning this game. As you say a high level of physical contact and it is a fast paced game too.

Unfortunately suffers the scourge of sport everywhere as reported here.

#9:  Author: CakeburnerLocation: Liverpool PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:49 pm
    —
Cricket, Horse Racing, Football in any order ........ Darts when outdoor sports dont allow and then theres Golf, the sport where you have to admit you're rubbish at it before you can start to enjoy it (oh, and they only make courses for right-handed players).

#10:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:10 pm
    —
Cakeburner wrote:
Darts ... and then theres Golf

The OP asked about sports, not games Very Happy

#11:  Author: Sussex Boy PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:40 pm
    —
I dont mind a round of golf. Despite what people say in the pubs etc most of us are not very good at it..... Embarassed

I usually just play on a par 3 course or just 9 holes on a big course as thats about my level. Rolling Eyes

#12:  Author: bridgesboy79 PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:59 pm
    —
Cricket definitely. I like to watch the horses and dogs live but I've never really been interested when they are on TV.

#13:  Author: Sussex Boy PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:58 am
    —
bridgesboy79 wrote:
Cricket definitely. I like to watch the horses and dogs live but I've never really been interested when they are on TV.

Paul Merson used to have fun just watching the dogs on the old tele txt (ceefax)
Laughing

#14:  Author: Born in Crawley Hospital PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:01 pm
    —
I will pretty much watch any sport as long as it's competitive.

My second favourite live sport is baseball. Really enjoyed it whilst I was in the States.

My second favourite TV sport is snooker. I could quite happily watch it all day interjected with snoozes.

I've also been really enjoying the BBC coverage of the American football with Mark Chapman and the two ex-players. I can only manage the odd full game though and live I imagine live is a tad challenging without the superimposed first down line and commentary.

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Off Topic

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1