Lewes psf
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#1: Lewes psf Author: TownMeadLeftoverLocation: South Devon PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:20 pm
    —
Lots of interest tonight Wink

Beeney, Tajbakhsh, Pappoe, Garnett, Arthur, Baio, Yorwerth, Tursun, Clifford, Bawling & Harrold

Subs, Mersin, Young, Payne, Boldewijn, Smith, Blackman, Collins & McNerney

I think Connolly, Roberts & Banton have the evening off, Pappoe I think is 22 year old defender Danny Pappoe, a former Chelsea youth player who has also been in the Brighton development squad

#2:  Author: TownMeadLeftoverLocation: South Devon PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:41 pm
    —
2-0 up at half time thanks to a double Bobson, Alf Garnett down injured twice and replaced by Smith, I bet Else will get an earful when he gets home

Cool

#3:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:10 pm
    —
TownMeadLeftover wrote:
2-0 up at half time thanks to a double Bobson, Alf Garnett down injured twice and replaced by Smith, I bet Else will get an earful when he gets home

Cool
is that all 2-0 Lewes virtually play parks football

#4:  Author: TownMeadLeftoverLocation: South Devon PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:13 pm
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:
TownMeadLeftover wrote:
2-0 up at half time thanks to a double Bobson, Alf Garnett down injured twice and replaced by Smith, I bet Else will get an earful when he gets home

Cool
is that all 2-0 Lewes virtually play parks football


How does that old song go

Happiness happiness the greatest gift that I possess
I thank the Lord I've been blessed
With more than my share of happiness

Rolling Eyes

#5:  Author: yelsis PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:35 pm
    —
Final score: Crawley Town 3 Lewes 1

#6:  Author: GraemeLocation: Norwich PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:38 pm
    —
Ended 1-3
It isn't to bad but its worrying that we keep letting in goals. We will need to be solid by the time we kick off in the league.

#7:  Author: Phil BLocation: Ifield, Crawley PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:38 pm
    —
Click to view this image at its original size
Click on the image to view it at its original size

#8:  Author: rubyred PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:49 pm
    —
Graeme wrote:
Ended 1-3
It isn't to bad but its worrying that we keep letting in goals. We will need to be solid by the time we kick off in the league.


Three goals let in against east grinstead and one by Lewes who have already been thrashed in pre season by dulwich. Oh and Dover beat millwall tonight two nil

Anyone else think we aren't going down this season is totally deluded


Last edited by rubyred on Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

#9: Re: Lewes psf Author: thad PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:49 pm
    —
TownMeadLeftover wrote:
Beeney, Tajbakhsh, Pappoe, Garnett, Arthur, Baio, Yorwerth, Tursun, Clifford, Bawling & Harrold.

So... did Yorwerth play in midfield...? Confused

#10:  Author: TownMeadLeftoverLocation: South Devon PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:51 pm
    —
Graeme wrote:
Ended 1-3
It isn't to bad but its worrying that we keep letting in goals. We will need to be solid by the time we kick off in the league.


No argument there, but Connolly was being rested, McNerney and Blackman on the bench, Garnett taken off injured and a new triallist, Pappoe, playing his first game, so hardly a settled league defence playing tonight

#11: Re: Lewes psf Author: TownMeadLeftoverLocation: South Devon PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:52 pm
    —
thad wrote:
TownMeadLeftover wrote:
Beeney, Tajbakhsh, Pappoe, Garnett, Arthur, Baio, Yorwerth, Tursun, Clifford, Bawling & Harrold.

So... did Yorwerth play in midfield...? Confused


I think he played in front of the back four and then moved back when Garnett was taken off

#12: Re: Lewes psf Author: thad PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:58 pm
    —
TownMeadLeftover wrote:
thad wrote:
TownMeadLeftover wrote:
Beeney, Tajbakhsh, Pappoe, Garnett, Arthur, Baio, Yorwerth, Tursun, Clifford, Bawling & Harrold.

So... did Yorwerth play in midfield...? Confused


I think he played in front of the back four and then moved back when Garnett was taken off

That seems to make sense with the starting players... thank you TML.

#13:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:05 pm
    —
If Bob's son keeps scoring he might start to think he's a striker...worse still so might DD!

#14:  Author: backofthenetLocation: Oop North PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:36 pm
    —
rubyred wrote:
Graeme wrote:
Ended 1-3
It isn't to bad but its worrying that we keep letting in goals. We will need to be solid by the time we kick off in the league.


Three goals let in against east grinstead and one by Lewes who have already been thrashed in pre season by dulwich. Oh and Dover beat millwall tonight two nil

Anyone else think we aren't going down this season is totally deluded


Looks like I'm deluded then. And that makes you...........

#15:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:03 am
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:
If Bob's son keeps scoring he might start to think he's a striker...worse still so might DD!

If Bobson keeps scoring, then he's better than 4 of the strikers we had last season, so what's the *beep* problem?

#16:  Author: bridgesboy79 PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:28 am
    —
NorthgateRed wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
If Bob's son keeps scoring he might start to think he's a striker...worse still so might DD!

If Bobson keeps scoring, then he's better than 4 of the strikers we had last season, so what's the *beep* problem?


I'd take him over Barnard regardless of what else he does.

I don't understand why anyone is reading anything into pre-season results. Wycombe lost at Aldershot but I still think they will make the playoffs. It's not as if teams can change all 11 players during a game when the real stuff starts. It looks like we might have a best 11, which we seemed to lack last season.

#17:  Author: redz75Location: crawley PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:51 am
    —
Credit to Bobson last night - took both goals well and could have had a couple more where he laid the ball off in the first half instead of shooting and the keeper made a good save in the second.

For once he actually played with his head up - actually passing the ball and running for a return pass instead of running and running with the ball - hopefully Drummy's coaching is finally getting to him - a much better performance, - probably my man of the match -

The trialist centre half Pappoe looked solid enough - won everything in the air and had a good game, he wasn't at fault for the goal that was down to Chris Arthur who decided to pass the ball into the path of the Lewes striker - not sure about him at the moment - gives the ball away to often or get caught with it, plus some of his passing is a bit short and wayward, but that said he did put over a few decent ball into the Lewes penalty area which Harrold and Yorwerth got on the end off with the keeper making a couple of good saves.

All in all a good work out for the squad players who you would think would be the Senior Cup side.

#18:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:22 am
    —
Good to see Bobson getting the headlines. Really nice lad who has always given 110% and never had a fair chance under Gregory or Yates.

Hopefully now we have a manager who knows how to coach players rather than just play hoof ball he will be able to progress his career a bit.

The result of course is of no significance at all, pre-season games are all about trying things out.

#19:  Author: thad PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:11 am
    —
Righto chaps... so before the season has even officially kicked-off...
Bobson Bawling is being slagged off... for... er... having the temerity to score goals..

Question scratch help

#20:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:08 pm
    —
rubyred wrote:
Oh and Dover beat millwall tonight two nil

Anyone else think we aren't going down this season is totally deluded


Because Dover beat a Millwall XI and we matched their 1st XI


Click to view this image at its original size
Click on the image to view it at its original size

#21:  Author: bridgesboy79 PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:29 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
rubyred wrote:
Oh and Dover beat millwall tonight two nil

Anyone else think we aren't going down this season is totally deluded


Because Dover beat a Millwall XI and we matched their 1st XI


Click to view this image at its original size
Click on the image to view it at its original size


Very Happy

#22:  Author: notsoLocation: Worth PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:14 pm
    —
bridgesboy79 wrote:
Ian wrote:
rubyred wrote:
Oh and Dover beat millwall tonight two nil

Anyone else think we aren't going down this season is totally deluded


Because Dover beat a Millwall XI and we matched their 1st XI


Click to view this image at its original size
Click on the image to view it at its original size


Very Happy


thumbleft

#23:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:13 pm
    —
notso wrote:
bridgesboy79 wrote:
Ian wrote:
rubyred wrote:
Oh and Dover beat millwall tonight two nil

Anyone else think we aren't going down this season is totally deluded


Because Dover beat a Millwall XI and we matched their 1st XI


Click to view this image at its original size
Click on the image to view it at its original size


Very Happy


thumbleft
salut



CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football


output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group