Less activity on this forum reflects attitude to CTFC?
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#1: Less activity on this forum reflects attitude to CTFC? Author: mustaphashot PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:53 pm
    —
I joined this forum in 2007. My memory is now poor, but I seem to think this forum used to be a hive of activity, with many discussions by a broad circle of fans. I certainly remember crossing swords with a few in light hearted banter and enjoying the experience. Relatively recently it appears that fewer are posting on this forum e.g the Fleetwood match thread. I remember the days when match threads and one or two others went on for pages and pages. There were a few epic threads in the past but don't seem to be many now.

I am sure most users of this forum will agree it is excellent and great thanks are due to Peter. So it can't be the fault of the forum. I just feel that the reduction in activity is due to a couldn't really care a less reaction to the club, its directors and players.

Am I right?

As dictated by Mustaphashot

#2:  Author: cornishredLocation: DEEPEST CORNWALL PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:07 pm
    —
Yes

#3:  Author: AlunLocation: Pound Hill PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:21 pm
    —
I suspect part of the reason is people losing interest, but personally speaking, I post far less than in the past due to the number of wallies on here who bore and irritate me to death with nonsensical diatribe.

That, coupled with any sensible debate being hijacked and led off topic by the afore mentioned idiots who end up squabbling over something totally removed from the original topic means that any sense or logic is diluted and lost in an ocean of *beep*.

If this thread is true to form, by the 10th post someone will be telling us all that Alex Ferguson is out of work, we must get him in by Saturday with Steve Evans as coach.

Sadly the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

#4:  Author: Maidenbower Millionaire PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:27 pm
    —
Alun wrote:
I suspect part of the reason is people losing interest, but personally speaking, I post far less than in the past due to the number of wallies on here who bore and irritate me to death with nonsensical diatribe.

That, coupled with any sensible debate being hijacked and led off topic by the afore mentioned idiots who end up squabbling over something totally removed from the original topic means that any sense or logic is diluted and lost in an ocean of *beep*.

If this thread is true to form, by the 10th post someone will be telling us all that Alex Ferguson is out of work, we must get him in by Saturday with Steve Evans as coach.

Sadly the lunatics have taken over the asylum.


Shocked

#5:  Author: Red, Red & Red PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:30 pm
    —
there is an air of sort acceptance we are down pg has made sure of that

#6: Re: Less activity on this forum reflects attitude to CTFC? Author: Maidenbower Millionaire PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:38 pm
    —
mustaphashot wrote:
I joined this forum in 2007. My memory is now poor, but I seem to think this forum used to be a hive of activity, with many discussions by a broad circle of fans. I certainly remember crossing swords with a few in light hearted banter and enjoying the experience. Relatively recently it appears that fewer are posting on this forum e.g the Fleetwood match thread. I remember the days when match threads and one or two others went on for pages and pages. There were a few epic threads in the past but don't seem to be many now.

I am sure most users of this forum will agree it is excellent and great thanks are due to Peter. So it can't be the fault of the forum. I just feel that the reduction in activity is due to a couldn't really care a less reaction to the club, its directors and players.

Am I right?

As dictated by Mustaphashot


Hi Mustapha

I agree with you, a lot less traffic on here these days.

I think a lot have stopped going to the games so that is one reason, also I think a lot of people are now using twitter and Facebook for their online Crawley town social media.

All the important ones are here though Wink

#7:  Author: far2jammy PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:48 pm
    —
Red, Red & Red wrote:
there is an air of sort acceptance we are down pg has made sure of that


The irony of this following Alun post genius. The constant broken record posts annoy the hell out of me. Now I have no idea if Paul groves is a good man or coach I know Tubbs did not like him. But seriously substantiate your agreements or change the record.

#8:  Author: Phil TLocation: Ifield PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:57 pm
    —
far2jammy wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
there is an air of sort acceptance we are down pg has made sure of that


The irony of this following Alun post genius. The constant broken record posts annoy the hell out of me. Now I have no idea if Paul groves is a good man or coach I know Tubbs did not like him. But seriously substantiate your agreements or change the record.


Idiot.

This is RRR spelling. PG = John Gregory.

Wink

#9:  Author: Astral Voyager PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:15 pm
    —
Phil T wrote:
far2jammy wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
there is an air of sort acceptance we are down pg has made sure of that


The irony of this following Alun post genius. The constant broken record posts annoy the hell out of me. Now I have no idea if Paul groves is a good man or coach I know Tubbs did not like him. But seriously substantiate your agreements or change the record.


Idiot.

This is RRR spelling. PG = John Gregory.

Wink


And he didn't use a capital G for Groves surname.

Ban him ban

#10:  Author: David RLocation: Jeju Island, South Korea PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:21 pm
    —
I really like this forum and come on a few times daily, from my desk at work, I do agree there is a lot of negatively which gets boring and depressing, but I will continue to support this forum and continue to support Crawley Town, I don't understand how people can just turn their backs on the club that they support just because their *beep* at the moment.

#11:  Author: Phil TLocation: Ifield PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:41 pm
    —
To be honest, I am a member on an MG forum, and the amount of postings on there has declined over the same period as on here.

I think it is also a factor of the other (inexplicably popular) Facebook and Twatter forums.

#12:  Author: nemo PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:59 pm
    —
...

#13:  Author: TelsLocation: Pound Hill PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:03 pm
    —
I think the malaise does stretch to the Forum even with the MODS.

Just looking again at the CTFC.NET landing page Last results and table Nov 29th. We may prefer to hide from the truth but cannot really can we! Laughing Rolling Eyes

#14:  Author: Maidenbower Millionaire PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:14 pm
    —
David R wrote:
I really like this forum and come on a few times daily, from my desk at work, I do agree there is a lot of negatively which gets boring and depressing, but I will continue to support this forum and continue to support Crawley Town, I don't understand how people can just turn their backs on the club that they support just because their *beep* at the moment.


Well said David , although I hope your boss does n't read this and see how much skiving you do. " a few times daily from your desk at work !

Embarassed

#15:  Author: Paulc222 PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:25 pm
    —
nemo wrote:
...


---

(morse code)



CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football


output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 3

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group