Connor Essam
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#1: Connor Essam Author: sawdustbrownLocation: Horsham PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:33 am
    —
Just seen on the OS that Connor Essam has had his contract cancelled. Shame as he never really got a chance here. When he had two players like Walsh and Fadz in front of him he was always going to find opportunities limited. Hope he gets fixed up with a club as always seemed like a nice bloke

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....89618.aspx

Admin edit: Post split to new thread and link added

#2:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:53 am
    —
What does that mean ? - he presumably had the contract money paid up .

What does that achieve in so far as it will still count under the FP rules?

#3:  Author: sawdustbrownLocation: Horsham PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:04 pm
    —
Crawley69 wrote:

I would have thought it was ripped up with no money due. The club get a fringe player off the books and he gets to try and find regular football

#4:  Author: mickfLocation: Southgate PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:04 pm
    —
Crawley69 wrote:

Probably means that if you and others "vote with your feet" as "dedicated" Crawley fans we will not be able to afford to keep all we have for much longer!
People want new players, better facilities, more bar staff, cheaper tickets but if it isnt currently presented as perfect then people will stay in and watch TV footy, drink at the Downsman or Half Moon etc etc etc. Not saying it isnt a free country and you cant drink or watch what you want but no point in keep whining about it and then not expect thinks to get worse if "we (as in all of ours club") withdraw our financial support and the club runs out of money.
I complain as much as most but as yet I dont see how withdrawing support is going to make things better? Confused

#5:  Author: Crawley BenLocation: Broadfield PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:07 pm
    —
sawdustbrown wrote:
Just seen on the OS that Connor Essam has had his contract cancelled. Shame as he never really got a chance here. When he had two players like Walsh and Fadz in front of him he was always going to find opportunities limited. Hope he gets fixed up with a club as always seemed like a nice bloke

Agreed, good luck to the lad with his next move. Might be better off heading back towards Conference level and building his confidence back up. Hopefully that means Walsh won't be going anywhere now Essam has gone?

Ben

#6:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:19 pm
    —
sawdustbrown wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

I would have thought it was ripped up with no money due. The club get a fringe player off the books and he gets to try and find regular football

I wonder. Giving up the security of a full time contract for this season.

He never had a chance at Crawley but JG made it pretty clear he wouldn't get a game.

#7:  Author: GillsManLocation: Dorking PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:20 pm
    —
sawdustbrown wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

It's usually a negotiation whereby the club pays a fee (less than the remaining value of the contract) to allow the player to leave early. Works for both parties: Club doesn't have to spend as much as contractually obligated to, and player gets to seek first team football somewhere.

#8:  Author: Ashdown Red PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:59 pm
    —
It probably means that connor has another club lined up and releasing him from his contract makes his negotiations easier. Good luck Connor.

#9:  Author: James PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:58 pm
    —
Was a bizarre signing from the very start. Not good enough for a League Two side but signed by Richie Barker for us, a League One side.

Was never going to work.

#10:  Author: Alex BH PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:13 pm
    —
I thought he did well whenever he played for us, was never given a chance though, so I'm surprised it took this long for him to leave.

#11:  Author: TownMeadLeftoverLocation: South Devon PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:55 pm
    —
Yup, he's going to be missed a lot on here, good luck wherever you go coner ezamm, why not try Maydstonne Youknighted

Wink

#12:  Author: Peter PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:27 pm
    —
Ashdown Red wrote:
It probably means that connor has another club lined up and releasing him from his contract makes his negotiations easier. Good luck Connor.

He's signed for Dover.

http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/C.....story.html

#13:  Author: GraemeLocation: Norwich PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:48 pm
    —
Great news. Hopefully he will get his career back on track.

#14:  Author: bridgesboy79 PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:11 am
    —
TownMeadLeftover wrote:
Yup, he's going to be missed a lot on here, good luck wherever you go coner ezamm, why not try Maydstonne Youknighted

Wink

Laughing

#15:  Author: AlunLocation: Pound Hill PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:56 am
    —
James wrote:
Was a bizarre signing from the very start. Not good enough for a League Two side but signed by Richie Barker for us, a League One side.

Was never going to work.

I work with a Gillingham fan and his understanding is that he left due to a falling out with Mad-Dog rather than for football reasons.

I get the impression he was seen as a good player in the making and the Gills fans were disappointed to see him leave.

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2