Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#46:  Author: Crawley Dan PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:12 am
    —
Armchairfan wrote:
How many games had we gone without a win when Barker received his marching orders?
NB I'm not suggesting anything here,far from it....just wondered what the stat was.

7/8 I believe. We played better football under Barker, but he was rightly sacked at the time. Under JG, we look un-interested and spend 90 minutes lumping it to McLeod. Its hard to watch.

#47:  Author: lee 66 PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:14 am
    —
My God, i have just watched the highlights on the football league show and nearly kicked the TV screen in when I saw the MK Dons second goal.
I want everyone of our supporters to watch that goal and then tell me we haven't got major problems.Have a look at the pathetic reaction from the 3 Crawley midfielders when the quick kick is taken.Its shocking to watch,pathetic and not acceptable.
The defenders for that goal weren't much better either.I want John Gregory and his coaching team to explain what happened for that goal.
Go on,have a look,it's a horror show.

#48:  Author: Crawley Dan PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:18 am
    —
lee 66 wrote:
My God, i have just watched the highlights on the football league show and nearly kicked the TV screen in when I saw the MK Dons second goal.
I want everyone of our supporters to watch that goal and then tell me we haven't got major problems.Have a look at the pathetic reaction from the 3 Crawley midfielders when the quick kick is taken.Its shocking to watch,pathetic and not acceptable.
The defenders for that goal weren't much better either.I want John Gregory and his coaching team to explain what happened for that goal.

You're lucky the FLS didn't show the full 90 minutes. It was more than a horror show. Literally cannot stress enough how bad yesterday was. The highlight was the final whistle.

#49:  Author: lee 66 PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:22 am
    —
Crawley Dan wrote:
lee 66 wrote:

You're lucky the FLS didn't show the full 90 minutes. It was more than a horror show. Literally cannot stress enough how bad yesterday was. The highlight was the final whistle.

But Dan, according to John Gregory we should be heading for the championship on our performances.

#50:  Author: Crawley Dan PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:25 am
    —
lee 66 wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:
lee 66 wrote:

But Dan, according to John Gregory we should be heading for the championship on our performances.

At least RB wasn't as deluded Shocked Wink

In all seriousness, we have had a tough start against 5 good sides. But if we do not pick up points against the likes of Rochdale, Crewe, Oldham, Scunny, Colchester etc.. we are in huge trouble.

#51:  Author: GraemeLocation: Norwich PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:34 am
    —
You guys have got to be more patient. This is a team of strangers and youngsters finding their feet. I am sure it will improve quickly as the season goes on. 6 points in August is more than I expected.

The game, as said first half was bad, I thought we were lucky to come in 1 goal down. We seem to give their midfield time to get on the ball and run at us a luxury they didnt allow us. Second half was better but the penalty was awful ! Hard to pick a man of the match.
O'Conner is very inexperienced, gets caught on the ball, tackling needs improving but crosses well and puts the effort in.
Bobson, I hope the injury isnt bad, I really think this guy has a lot of promise.
Izale looked like a man under a lot of pressure but cant fault his effort, looked much better when Harrold came on to share the load.
Harrold looked really good to me when he came on, I am looking forward to seeing more. It all depends whether he can stay fit.
Tomlin! ball watches, his movement is awful he bottles out of challenges, never attacks the ball, looses possesion, what does JG see in him Confused
(Then again I didn't see anything in Jones when he first came but I was totally wrong and he did come good.)

We will miss Edwards and Walsh next week.

#52:  Author: GillsManLocation: Dorking PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:57 am
    —
lee 66 wrote:
"If it was purely on performances we'd be top of the league,we'd be clear by now,almost into the championship because some of our performances have been excellent."

Now that statement is worrying.
It's reminiscent of the statements "Chemical Ali"used to make When the Iraqi army was being beaten in every area of the battlefield.

No, it was "Comical Ali" who made those statements. Chemical Ali was known more for his genocidal tendencies than hilariously inept propaganda statements.

#53:  Author: mickfLocation: Southgate PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:06 am
    —
Jim Baker wrote:
I didn't go today but....

Simon, according to the radio O'Connor did really well. What makes you say he struggled? Genuine question.

It is not a disgrace to miss a penalty. The very best have missed them. League 1 players will as well.

It is not terrible to to concede a goal when throwing every one forward to equalise. Gawd sake, it happens.

Having said all that we need to start putting the ball into the opposition's net.

Jim Baker

Just watched the FL Show though Jim and the second goal looked to be more that we backed off and backed off (Oyebanjo) until the player was in the box and could shoot with ease, a bit like Norwich third on Tuesday, although that was Young doing the backing off!

#54:  Author: Jim BakerLocation: Worth actually PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:11 am
    —
Watched the highlight show. That second goal was pathetic!

Back four all in position, midfield nowhere to be seen. Afobe just wandered past Peacock to score. No excuses for that. Bad, bad defending from our midfield and Leacock.

Jim Baker

#55:  Author: mickfLocation: Southgate PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:13 am
    —
Jim Baker wrote:
Watched the highlight show. That second goal was pathetic!

Back four all in position, midfield nowhere to be seen. Afobe just wandered past Peacock to score. No excuses for that. Bad, bad defending from our midfield and Leacock.

Jim Baker

So he went past Peacock, Leacock and Oyebanjo, even worse than I thought! Very Happy

#56:  Author: Born in Crawley Hospital PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
    —
It’s difficult to assess where this team is at the moment. They haven’t had time to truly gel yet and it has been a really, really tough opening, only playing some of the better sides in the division. We couldn’t go on with the squad of last season because we simply couldn’t afford it, we had to cut our cloth accordingly. I don’t blame anyone at the club of the ‘dismantling’ of a team because otherwise we won’t have a club at all, although I accept it’s galling to see our former best players at other clubs, especially with Tubbs banging in the goals at AFC Plastic. Just staying up will be a great achievement by Gregory, we can’t get frustrated with him.

All that said, yesterday was pretty bad. We had a few half chances but I simply cannot see where the goals are going to come from and the midfield was non-existent again. The one thing we can hang on to – and it’ll really assist us against the weaker sides – is our defence. As a unit it’s arguably the best we’ve ever had but we’re getting beaten at the moment because they’re getting no protection and the forwards are not holding on to the ball.

MK Dons were better than us yesterday, simple as that. Granted we might have pushed for a win if the penalty had gone in but none of us could truly say that would have been a proper reflection of the game.

Jensen – 6 – He had a couple of uncharacteristic flaps but pulled of one very good save

Oyebanjo – 6 – Didn’t offer a much going forward as usual but still solid

Dickson – 6 – Failed to make the most of some promising attacking opportunities

Walsh – 7 – So calm in everything his does. Out of contract in the summer, he will definitely go at some point this season. A class act

Leacock – 6 – Generally did ok but very disappointing for the second goal

Smith – 5 – He sat in front of the back four but he is so cumbersome he offers little protection

Bawling – N/A – Looked like a hang string pull so it could be a number of weeks out. Bad news with a squad at tiny as ours

Henderson – 7 – Actually showed how technically good he is. A performance to build on

O’Connor – 6 – Showed excellent work rate but I’m not sure he’s a League One player

Tomlin – 4 – Absolutely nothing he did worked, bottled challenges. Simply not good enough but can’t condone some of the negative things that were being shouted at him

Edwards – 6 – Has been a bit of an enigma this season. Flashes of good play followed by anonymity

McLeod – 6 – Brilliant work rate but got zero service. Again. Terrible penalty.

Harrold – N/A – Showed enough in his cameo that he is definitely worth a start

#57:  Author: guildford roader PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:33 am
    —
Armchairfan wrote:
How many games had we gone without a win when Barker received his marching orders?
NB I'm not suggesting anything here,far from it....just wondered what the stat was.

12 league games in to the season should be a good review point. By then the team should have gelled and pattern of performances/results should be established. I'm sure Dunford said we had a top half budget so a bottom third position could spell trouble for JG. He has clearly bought well in the likes of Jensen, Lanre, Leacock, McLeod, Henderson, Dickson but could be undone by the likes of Tomlin and Young. It could be a case of close but not close enough if he can't add to the squad or get more out of the current squad. I think we will be just under mid table by mid October but it will be tight.

Last edited by guildford roader on Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total

#58:  Author: Crawley Dan PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:36 am
    —
Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
Just staying up will be a great achievement by Gregory, we can’t get frustrated with him.

Why not?

#59:  Author: Born in Crawley Hospital PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:45 am
    —
Crawley Dan wrote:
Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
Just staying up will be a great achievement by Gregory, we can’t get frustrated with him.

Why not?

Because he's working on a shoe string budget and he's managed to cobble together a squad on the resources that have just over 2,000 home fans provide.

Gregory wouldn't have wanted to see the back of Sadler or Connelly or McFadzean or either of the Joneses or Bulman or Adams or Drury or Proctor or Tubbs or Clarke.

We've got a budget akin to a mid to lower League Two team.

Staying up will be a massive achievement.

#60:  Author: lee 66 PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:46 am
    —
GillsMan wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
"If it was purely on performances we'd be top of the league,we'd be clear by now,almost into the championship because some of our performances have been excellent."

Now that statement is worrying.
It's reminiscent of the statements "Chemical Ali"used to make When the Iraqi army was being beaten in every area of the battlefield.

No, it was "Comical Ali" who made those statements. Chemical Ali was known more for his genocidal tendencies than hilariously inept propaganda statements.

You are correct.
It was "Comical Ali" who Thad first introduced to the forum back in the Majeed days.I do hope "Comical Ali" isn't going to make a permanent return with hilariously inept propaganda statements this season.

Last edited by lee 66 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
Page 4 of 6