Three Bridges friendly
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#1: Three Bridges friendly Author: notsoLocation: Worth PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:43 am
    —
Local PSF at Three Bridges tonight. We seem to have a few out with injuries already so, I assume its wider squad players and trialists tonight?

#2:  Author: Ross PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:23 am
    —
The list sent to Three Bridges was a full squad.

I would imagine some new faces will also feature on trial.

#3:  Author: lee 66 PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:42 am
    —
Looks like the heavens could open during the match.
I wonder if anyone has ever been struck by lightning at a game.
I'll be wearing wellington boots just in case!!!!!!!

#4:  Author: notsoLocation: Worth PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:11 pm
    —
lee 66 wrote:
Looks like the heavens could open during the match.
I wonder if anyone has ever been struck by lightning at a game.
I'll be wearing wellington boots just in case!!!!!!!


Looks like they have http://www.independent.co.uk/n.....81336.html

Shocked Shocked Shocked

#5:  Author: 2oo2Red PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:15 pm
    —
Sunny weather all afternoon and come kick off rain! With hardly any cover I can't see many will bother, which would be a shame as Bridges could do with the money!

#6:  Author: Ross PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:01 pm
    —
Pitch is in great condition here, It's just been marked up and ready to go.

#7:  Author: ArmchairfanLocation: DFS PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:53 pm
    —
lee 66 wrote:
Looks like the heavens could open during the match.
I wonder if anyone has ever been struck by lightning at a game.
I'll be wearing wellington boots just in case!!!!!!!

I've been struck by a few things,but never lightning.
I always enjoyed this friendly.
Bridges are a great club,very hospitable and a with a clubhouse that puts many to shame.
I hope a lot of ours make the effort tonight to help put some funds in to the club.

#8:  Author: yelsis PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:19 pm
    —
lee 66 wrote:
Looks like the heavens could open during the match.
I wonder if anyone has ever been struck by lightning at a game.
I'll be wearing wellington boots just in case!!!!!!!


I believe Jack Edwards who played fullback for Crystal Palce (1949-60) was struck by ligtning during a game. I cannot find any details of the event or indeed confirm he was playing for the Palace at the time. I have a feeling it was in an Army game.

#9:  Author: Astral Voyager PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:24 pm
    —
yelsis wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
Looks like the heavens could open during the match.
I wonder if anyone has ever been struck by lightning at a game.
I'll be wearing wellington boots just in case!!!!!!!


I believe Jack Edwards who played fullback for Crystal Palce (1949-60) was struck by ligtning during a game. I cannot find any details of the event or indeed confirm he was playing for the Palace at the time. I have a feeling it was in an Army game.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNJRPOltifI

#10:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:23 pm
    —
yelsis wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
Looks like the heavens could open during the match.
I wonder if anyone has ever been struck by lightning at a game.
I'll be wearing wellington boots just in case!!!!!!!


I believe Jack Edwards who played fullback for Crystal Palce (1949-60) was struck by ligtning during a game. I cannot find any details of the event or indeed confirm he was playing for the Palace at the time. I have a feeling it was in an Army game.


*beep* trying to post this *beep* Wikipedia link.

Just look up "John_White_(footballer,_born_1937)" on Wikipedia if you care. *beep* sake.

#11:  Author: Peter PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:34 pm
    —
If you are not at the game tonight you can follow the action on the matchday blog on the official site here, or via updates on their Twitter account here.

#12:  Author: Peter PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:06 pm
    —
Ross wrote:
The list sent to Three Bridges was a full squad.

I would imagine some new faces will also feature on trial.

The list may have been the full squad, but it's not.

Click to view this image at its original size
Click on the image to view it at its original size

#13:  Author: Peter PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:27 pm
    —
So 5 trialists starting tonight, Anthony Stewart, Matt Warren, Charles Banya, Kemoy Halton, Steve Burford.

#14:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:28 pm
    —
Charlie Cooke in the Bridges squad? He must be getting on a bit. Wink

#15:  Author: sturdysteveLocation: coulsdon.surrey PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:54 pm
    —
and Allan " The chin " Tait Laughing

#16:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:19 pm
    —
Peter wrote:
So 5 trialists starting tonight, Anthony Stewart, Matt Warren, Charles Banya, Kemoy Halton, Steve Burford.


Bit of background on the trialists.

Matt Warren is ex Guernsey I think.

http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/C.....story.html

#17:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:19 pm
    —
sturdysteve wrote:
and Allan " The chin " Tait Laughing


Good to see Nigel Brake still going.

#18:  Author: AJ PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:26 pm
    —
Nigel Brake was a steal worth in the early 2000s I recall

#19:  Author: GraemeLocation: Norwich PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:28 pm
    —
Are these trialists ones that applied for a trial ?
Quick google, Anthony Stewart if he is a defender he might be from Wycombe and a Charles Banya had a loan at woking Ex fulham winger.
Who knows who the others are.

#20:  Author: AJ PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:32 pm
    —
Stalwart -not stall wort sorry

#21:  Author: Peter PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:32 pm
    —
Graeme wrote:
Are these trialists ones that applied for a trial ?
Quick google, Anthony Stewart if he is a defender he might be from Wycombe and a Charles Banya had a loan at woking Ex fulham winger.
Who knows who the others are.

Graeme, have a look at the link Simon posted above. Wink

#22:  Author: oakie PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:41 pm
    —
Banya had a relatively successful spell on loan at woking last season

#23:  Author: jacko spinking PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:01 pm
    —
what's the score??

#24:  Author: Peter PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:07 pm
    —
jacko spinking wrote:
what's the score??

1-0 to us, with an assist from Connor Essam Laughing

#25:  Author: Peter PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:19 pm
    —
1-1. Equaliser from Allan Tait.

#26:  Author: TownMeadLeftoverLocation: South Devon PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:20 pm
    —
Peter wrote:
jacko spinking wrote:
what's the score??

1-0 to us, with an assist from Connor Essam Laughing


An assist from Kongnaw Esammm ?, who scored it, Crawley69 ?



Wink

#27:  Author: Peter PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:41 pm
    —
It finished 2-1 to us. Our second came in added time.

Reds's goals came from Anthony Stewart and Steve Burford. The attendance was 534.

#28:  Author: Astral Voyager PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:44 pm
    —
Peter wrote:
It finished 2-1 to us. Our second came in added time.

Reds's goals came from Anthony Stewart and Steve Burford. The attendance was 534.


Hope Bridges made some cash tonight..


#keepnonleaguefootballalive

#29:  Author: Phil BLocation: Ifield, Crawley PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:56 pm
    —
Just got back - left with 5 mins to go....

Glad to see that we had just a few "first teamers" playing - as I thought it was dire. The central defenders were ok but it was a typical "trialists" game.
Too many "I'm keeping the ball and will impress" performances . It's a team game. Pass it and KISS.

Bridges wasted a glorious chance before HT - on a one on one with the keeper, the ball hit the far post and shot across the goal and past the other.

After HT an easy finish saw us lead only to be pegged back late on. The highlight was arguably the burger I had (and was really quite ok). With the rain getting more persistent - I made my move home. Was the winner a good one?

TBH - I'd lost all interest by then , Embarassed

#30:  Author: pedlar PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:02 am
    —
Pointless match tonight.i won't bother taking another look at any of them. Not league 1 standard.

#31:  Author: notsoLocation: Worth PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:13 am
    —
I went there thinking I might be seeing trialists and trialists it was. God forbid we sign any of them. What an awful match.

I couldn't believe how easy our number 20 got skinned each time at left back, and now just found out that he is Bobson Bawling - OMG!

Tait was the revelation. He's put on a bit of weight and is even slower than he was before, but he had a lot of single touch play that was very neat and tidy and also took his goal well (after Bawling got beaten again on the left side!)

Now I know why I don't bother with PSF's, Three Bridges normally being the exception.

In the words of the song - 'It can only get better'.

#32:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:10 pm
    —
What position Did Matt Warren play?

I know a decent player called Matt Warren from Horsham. Wonder if its the same person.

#33:  Author: Astral Voyager PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:13 pm
    —
pedlar wrote:
Pointless match tonight.i won't bother taking another look at any of them. Not league 1 standard.


Pointless,but at least Bridges coffers will be a bit bigger Wink

#34:  Author: ant PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:33 pm
    —
It's always an enjoyable evening at Three bridges , long may they continue to have a pre season friendly against us.

Whilst some will say it was pointless, it wasn't at all. It proved beyond doubt that many trialists who may have been at other clubs (some bigger some smaller) that there is no point them trying to further their career with us or League 1. They were out-thought and out fought most of the time by players with less skill but more gumption who currently ply their trade four or five leagues below us.

You can be as skillful as you like but if you can't get the ball off a man or stand up to a shoulder charge or two then you haven't learnt enough about the game to work at that level.

#35:  Author: sawdustbrownLocation: Horsham PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:16 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
What position Did Matt Warren play?

I know a decent player called Matt Warren from Horsham. Wonder if its the same person.


He played centre midfield until he went off injured Ian. I had thought the same as have played against a Holbrook player by the same name but wasn't him

#36:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:52 pm
    —
sawdustbrown wrote:
Ian wrote:
What position Did Matt Warren play?

I know a decent player called Matt Warren from Horsham. Wonder if its the same person.


He played centre midfield until he went off injured Ian. I had thought the same as have played against a Holbrook player by the same name but wasn't him


It was the (former?) Holbrook player that I was thinking of - I used to play for Holbrook myself. Just wondered if he'd done the weekend trial and scored himself a game.

Obviously not thumbleft

#37:  Author: ArmchairfanLocation: DFS PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:49 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
sawdustbrown wrote:
Ian wrote:
What position Did Matt Warren play?

I know a decent player called Matt Warren from Horsham. Wonder if its the same person.


He played centre midfield until he went off injured Ian. I had thought the same as have played against a Holbrook player by the same name but wasn't him


It was the (former?) Holbrook player that I was thinking of - I used to play for Holbrook myself. Just wondered if he'd done the weekend trial and scored himself a game.

Obviously not thumbleft

You used to play for a few half decent outfits Ian.
But let it go mate.Just......just let it go.

#38:  Author: Drew PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:12 pm
    —
ant wrote:
Whilst some will say it was pointless, it wasn't at all. It proved beyond doubt that many trialists who may have been at other clubs (some bigger some smaller) that there is no point them trying to further their career with us or League 1.


This.

The exact point of PSFs against sides like Oakwood and TB (apart from helping local non-league sides financially) is to take a look at players on trial - so to say last night was pointless is, err... pointless Exclamation

#39:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:41 am
    —
Armchairfan wrote:
Ian wrote:
sawdustbrown wrote:
Ian wrote:
What position Did Matt Warren play?

I know a decent player called Matt Warren from Horsham. Wonder if its the same person.


He played centre midfield until he went off injured Ian. I had thought the same as have played against a Holbrook player by the same name but wasn't him


It was the (former?) Holbrook player that I was thinking of - I used to play for Holbrook myself. Just wondered if he'd done the weekend trial and scored himself a game.

Obviously not thumbleft

You used to play for a few half decent outfits Ian.
But let it go mate.Just......just let it go.


I've officially retired now Matt Crying or Very sad

#40:  Author: notsoLocation: Worth PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:23 am
    —
Drew wrote:
ant wrote:
Whilst some will say it was pointless, it wasn't at all. It proved beyond doubt that many trialists who may have been at other clubs (some bigger some smaller) that there is no point them trying to further their career with us or League 1.


This.

The exact point of PSFs against sides like Oakwood and TB (apart from helping local non-league sides financially) is to take a look at players on trial - so to say last night was pointless is, err... pointless Exclamation


Please note that I didn't say it was pointless, but it really was a crap match. I always like the TBFC PSF solely because it puts money into their coffers (and it walkable for me Very Happy )

#41:  Author: ant PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:19 pm
    —
notso wrote:
but it really was a crap match.


Agreed Very Happy

#42:  Author: lochislairLocation: Dunny on the Wold, Hassocks PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:02 pm
    —
ant wrote:
notso wrote:
but it really was a crap match.


Agreed Very Happy


Looking at the pics I've seen on Facebook, at least the sunset was attractive, and apparently the beer was good, so it wasn't entirely pointless Very Happy



CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football


output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group