Gwion Edwards
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football

#1: Gwion Edwards Author: Crawley BenLocation: Broadfield PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:21 pm
    —
According to Sky Sports, Crawley had made a bid for Gwion Edwards. It's understood that Rotherham, Bradford & Port Vale are also interested.

Ben

#2:  Author: Alan (Cheltenham Branch) PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:05 pm
    —
I might have known Rotherham would be interested....

#3:  Author: GraemeLocation: Norwich PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:48 pm
    —
Its all speculation but if true I am afraid he will choose the Championship Sad

I was hoping Edwards and Monakana might be back, Now we have the forwards we need to get balls delivered into the box.

#4:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:43 pm
    —
Edwards would be a great signing. Monakana not so sure about if there is a reason why he was so unfit at the end of last season then fair enough but if he hasn't been injured then it raises question and risks we can't afford to take.

#5: Re: Gwion Edwards Author: DamoLocation: Reigate PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:44 pm
    —
Crawley Ben wrote:
According to Sky Sports, Crawley had made a bid for Gwion Edwards. It's understood that Rotherham, Bradford & Port Vale are also interested.

Ben


I see absolutely nothing to look forward to next season. If he signed, that would all change. Can't see it though.

#6:  Author: Crawley69 PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:08 pm
    —
I do wonder if this is part of the game. Crawley make a bid and then Swansea fabricate other interest to publicise his availability and see if the price can be pushed upwards.

#7:  Author: James PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:27 am
    —
Crawley69 wrote:
I do wonder if this is part of the game. Crawley make a bid and then Swansea fabricate other interest to publicise his availability and see if the price can be pushed upwards.


Not really their style though, is it.

#8:  Author: mickfLocation: Southgate PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:07 am
    —
We seem to be more interested in Dean Cox at the mo (both play wide right?) according to the Argus report, with one bid turned down and considering another.
Mind you on a rumours page we are also linked with Nile Ranger (please no!!!!!).

#9:  Author: GraemeLocation: Norwich PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:22 am
    —
mickf wrote:
We seem to be more interested in Dean Cox at the mo (both play wide right?) according to the Argus report, with one bid turned down and considering another.
Mind you on a rumours page we are also linked with Nile Ranger (please no!!!!!).


Be great, but I cant see Orient letting Cox go for anything we can afford. Sad

#10:  Author: Jim BakerLocation: Worth actually PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:32 am
    —
Graeme wrote:
mickf wrote:
We seem to be more interested in Dean Cox at the mo (both play wide right?) according to the Argus report, with one bid turned down and considering another.
Mind you on a rumours page we are also linked with Nile Ranger (please no!!!!!).


Be great, but I cant see Orient letting Cox go for anything we can afford. Sad


Cox would be an excellent signing for us but I can't see it happening. We probably do have the money for the transfer but I doubt we could match a championship clubs wages now.

Jim Baker

#11:  Author: GraemeLocation: Norwich PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:43 am
    —
http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

Sky reporting Gwion is on his way, lets hope its true dance

I presume thats because the Cox deal is off, I think I prefer Gwion anyway.

#12:  Author: mickfLocation: Southgate PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:59 am
    —
Graeme wrote:
http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

Sky reporting Gwion is on his way, lets hope its true dance

I presume thats because the Cox deal is off, I think I prefer Gwion anyway.

Not sure I do with Cox proven in this league and a goalscoring midfielder as well? Confused Having said that Edwards does look a good prospect (but still only that after just a handful of games).


Last edited by mickf on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total

#13:  Author: jules59Location: crawley PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:08 am
    —
Gwion Edwards coming to crawley.I hope so,what a great signing,that would be. Very Happy

#14:  Author: backofthenetLocation: Oop North PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:44 am
    —
Has signed today! Yippee. Even Crawley69 and RRR can't moan about that.
(JG has just tweeted)

#15:  Author: GraemeLocation: Norwich PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:00 pm
    —
News has made my day, welcome back Gwion dance

#16:  Author: bridgesboy79 PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:04 pm
    —
I actually think he can and will improve even further next season. Very good news IMHO.

#17:  Author: Ashdown Red PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:15 pm
    —
This is terrific news. With regular football Gwion will improve. On paper we look to be putting together a very strong side.

#18:  Author: IanLocation: The Parish of Rusper PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:23 pm
    —
Is this permanent or loan?

#19:  Author: Crawley Dan PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:28 pm
    —
Ian wrote:
Is this permanent or loan?


Permanent. 2 year deal so I'm told, but not officially announced yet.

#20:  Author: pedlar PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:33 pm
    —
Crawley Dan wrote:
Ian wrote:
Is this permanent or loan?


Permanent. 2 year deal so I'm told, but not officially announced yet.


3 year deal

#21:  Author: ArmchairfanLocation: DFS PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:40 pm
    —
pedlar wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:
Ian wrote:
Is this permanent or loan?


Permanent. 2 year deal so I'm told, but not officially announced yet.


3 year deal

Three!!!!!Blimey,thought those days were gone.Maybe the board see a future profit in this one.Looking forward to seeing him in a Reds shirt.

#22:  Author: Daryl PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:46 pm
    —
Brilliant signing! Very talented young player.

#23:  Author: Jim BakerLocation: Worth actually PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:49 pm
    —
I will wait for an official announcement... before waving my knickers in the air.

Jim Baker

#24:  Author: pedlar PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:05 pm
    —
Armchairfan wrote:
pedlar wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:
Ian wrote:
Is this permanent or loan?


Permanent. 2 year deal so I'm told, but not officially announced yet.


3 year deal

Three!!!!!Blimey,thought those days were gone.Maybe the board see a future profit in this one.Looking forward to seeing him in a Reds shirt.


Been confirmed 2 year contract.

#25:  Author: thad PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:09 pm
    —
Now THAT is a flagship signing which gives a very positive signal.... well done to all involved in the deal.... lei hao Paul....! Wink

Disclaimer: Player values may go up as well as down. Past Performance is No Guarantee of Future Results

#26:  Author: butlersoftLocation: TILGATE PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:09 pm
    —
Great News !!

#27:  Author: DamoLocation: Reigate PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:17 pm
    —
Wow - excellent

Anyone care to hazard a guess what our starting line up might look like now? I don't even know the new names yet, let alone where they play.

May even do the Fulham game to take a look -despite vowing never to bother with PSFs again after previous bitter (or bored) experience.

#28:  Author: notsoLocation: Worth PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:27 pm
    —
My pre-season has just got better. Welcome to the club Gwion and may we have many more appearances as per those you put in last season.

My half-full glass is beginning to fill to the top now. All we can ask for now is that a virtually new from scratch team can gel. If so, this season could be our best ever.

Well done to the Directors responsible for putting their money where their mouths are and also for JG for using his influence where it was required.

#29:  Author: Ashdown Red PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:28 pm
    —
I am puzzled after reading the OS, where it stated that Gwion could not play tonight because he was not signed in time .
It is a PSF where a lot of triallists will play. Probably best though to not upset the FA?

#30:  Author: paul50Location: Three Bridges PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:48 pm
    —
Top signing. Welcome

#31:  Author: redz75Location: crawley PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:50 pm
    —
If the game had been played "behind closed doors" then he would have been able to play

#32:  Author: jules59Location: crawley PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:55 pm
    —
Graeme wrote:
News has made my day, welcome back Gwion dance

Gwion Edwards back in a red shirt on a 2 year deal.Just found ,made my afternoon.Happy days. Very Happy

#33:  Author: Ashdown Red PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:58 pm
    —
Thanks Redz. Is the definition of a triallist "someone who is not attached to another club" ?

#34:  Author: thad PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:01 pm
    —
Ashdown Red - The deal is "subject to international clearance".

#35:  Author: Simon PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:04 pm
    —
Nice. Excellent signing. Really good news.

#36:  Author: NorthgateRedLocation: BW Stand PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:20 pm
    —
Fantastic news. Welcome back Gwion. hello2

#37:  Author: seanoLocation: Cowfold cottage tandoori PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:19 pm
    —
Great signing, I would love to know what JW and JG said to persuade him because I can't believe there weren't better offers on the table.

#38:  Author: Broadfield DaveLocation: Location, Location PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:37 pm
    —
Yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

And may I add… yippee!

#39:  Author: Paulc222 PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:22 pm
    —
backofthenet wrote:
Has signed today! Yippee. Even Crawley69 and RRR can't moan about that.
(JG has just tweeted)


Along with JG extending his contract, that is equal best news of the Summer.
I know that one player doesn't make a team (except for the likes of Neymar and Messi), but my expectations are now higher for next season. A while ago I felt a bit down about it all and anything bar relegation was acceptable to me. Now though, the goal has to be highest ever finish. I'm after beating 10th. I'm not expecting play offs. 9th+ is fine for now.

#40:  Author: IvorLocation: Charlwood PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:13 pm
    —
Excellent news.Squad really taking shape now.Soon be time for people to name first starting eleven.

#41:  Author: Crawley BenLocation: Broadfield PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:39 pm
    —
Simon wrote:
Nice. Excellent signing. Really good news.


+1

Ben

#42:  Author: GraemeLocation: Norwich PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:31 pm
    —
Apparently Gwion won't be playing tomorrow.
Problem reported to be paper work issues ?
How difficult can it be Confused

#43:  Author: thad PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:42 pm
    —
Graeme wrote:
Apparently Gwion won't be playing tomorrow.
Problem reported to be paper work issues ?
How difficult can it be Confused

You have the involvement of the Welsh & English FA and the added complication of how he spells his forename... it could take bloomin ages...!

#44:  Author: notsoLocation: Worth PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:28 pm
    —
thad wrote:
Graeme wrote:
Apparently Gwion won't be playing tomorrow.
Problem reported to be paper work issues ?
How difficult can it be Confused

You have the involvement of the Welsh & English FA and the added complication of how he spells his forename... it could take bloomin ages...!


.........and to make matters worse, the forms are written in Welsh and expect the answers in Welsh Shocked

#45:  Author: Birdmansr71Location: Broadfield PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:49 pm
    —
Just announced via Twitter, he will play tomorrow Very Happy

#46:  Author: Ashdown Red PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:02 pm
    —
Newyddion Gwych

#47:  Author: Jim BakerLocation: Worth actually PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:09 pm
    —
Ashdown Red wrote:
Newyddion Gwych


I had this but I went to the doctor and he gave me a cream to rub on it and in a few weeks it had cleared up.

Jim Baker

#48:  Author: notsoLocation: Worth PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:18 am
    —
Jim Baker wrote:
Ashdown Red wrote:
Newyddion Gwych


I had this but I went to the doctor and he gave me a cream to rub on it and in a few weeks it had cleared up.

Jim Baker


I did the same, but mine just grew Shocked

#49:  Author: Phil BLocation: Ifield, Crawley PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:38 am
    —
notso wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:
Ashdown Red wrote:
Newyddion Gwych


I had this but I went to the doctor and he gave me a cream to rub on it and in a few weeks it had cleared up.

Jim Baker


I did the same, but mine just grew Shocked


You are meant to take the cream out of the tube first ........ Shocked Wink



CTFC.net Fans Forum -> -> Talk football


output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group