CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Tuesdays admission prices?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoppy wrote:
I thought it was just a sponsored name for the league cup? Didn't we get to the Dr Martens League cup final - and win? I remember being beaten by Worcester City 4-0 in the final 1st leg too in about 2000/2001. A nightmare of a journey!! Let 2 hours before the supporters coach and it beat me there!! Is it that cup by another name?

No. The Dr Martens Cup was the Southern League Cup. The Setanta Shield is the Conference League Cup.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoppy wrote:
I thought it was just a sponsored name for the league cup? Didn't we get to the Dr Martens League cup final - and win? I remember being beaten by Worcester City 4-0 in the final 1st leg too in about 2000/2001. A nightmare of a journey!! Let 2 hours before the supporters coach and it beat me there!! Is it that cup by another name?

Seemed OK for us to win it when we boasted of winning 'the double' in our championship winning season.

The Setanta Shield (or the Conference shield, as Sky call it Laughing ) is indeed the league cup for teams from all three divisions of the Conference League.

We didn't play Worcester in the final of the Conference League Cup in 2000 or 2001 however, because we weren't in the conference then Wink

It was good to win it (twice), and I'm sure if we reached the final of the SS then we would get a good crowd, but the enthusiasm for early rounds of the DM cup was probably similar to that being seen now for the SS.

Ian
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoppy wrote:

Seemed OK for us to win it when we boasted of winning 'the double' in our championship winning season.

Is that the game where 'Captain Luke' did his bit and was sent off early on?

In those days we were happy to win the league cup and the SSC but I think we have moved on a bit now. Really it's the Trophy or a decent FAC run, the others are a bit peripheral.
frazefast
Banned
Banned

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's going then so i can point and laugh at you? Laughing
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reduced prices are for the Executive Area.

http://www.crawleytownfc.net/n.....php?ID=995
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smoked salmon buffet in the exec area or are we talking chicken nuggets? anyway i feel its somewhat of an insult at those prices for the disney shield so i will give i a miss and make my own prawn sandwixhes at home and tune into here in the hope someone will update me else i will have to read the paper the following morning.

bit of an own goal that CTFC
Tonyt
Coach
Coach

Topics: 107

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
The only reduced prices are for the Executive Area.

http://www.crawleytownfc.net/n.....php?ID=995

Unless they are on a freebie I can't see anyone taking up this fanatastic opportunity.

I will not be there freezing my nuts off and I reckon they will be lucky to get 200, soup or no soup.

Cool
GreyTrader
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 19

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the club to charge full price for this game is poor PR and short sightedness IMHO.

Reduced prices as a thankyou for the support in the current financial climate could help future club / fans relationship.

This stance as it is could have the opposite affect.

Count me out Confused Mad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: