CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Ebbsfleet United matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James was awful. Whay didnt Murphy and my MOM Thomas start. Watson outpaced every time, why wait until HT to change it Evans when everyone else could see he was a liability. Wilson not at his best and unlucky for the OG at least he was trying. Players didnt appear have will get going in end and we looked disjointed. Poor display dont think i will even bother watching the game on Setanta (recorded it) other than perhaps Evans post match reaction (assuming he gave one). If im honest we got nothing and deserved just that. Couldve done with Bull in a red shirt tonight. Where do we go from here?
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few observations after seeing the game on Setanta.

Carayol - shot past their back once in first half. After that - cut inside again and again hitting hopeless shots way over. After looking great a few games ago but he seems to have gone backwards again.

James - ???????????? What is he there for - i thought he had been substituted at half time when i saw him taking throw ins with 15 mins left. Totally anonymous.

Pinault - see above (except he was substituted)

Thompson - every time he gets the ball his first touch loses it again. Or sends the ball up in the air. The first time he got the ball under control was a handball. Ring up FGR and take 7.5K for him.

Why, oh why do we lump it up in the air for 70 mins before we start passing the ball. Then we look good.

Oh and we all know what Sacha is like in the air - so we keep launching the ball at him and it comes straight back at us..

Against two higher league sides we have been poor but only lost by the odd goal, so we cant be that far off the pace. But tactically we were inept. Once we scored we sat back again!

The only positive performances were by Thomas who played ok, Bulman and Cook. And Pittman looked dangerous at the end.

Ho hum - just the Trophy and Setanta shield left to play for this season (Don't mention the SSC). And on these showings - not for long!
foxy lady
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: crawley fans let us down! Reply with quote

very entertaining game to watch, great support from the fans great singing, shame about the group of fans (kids) that let it down at the end, by jumping on peoples cars as there were leaving, my friend drove out with her kids in the car and the kids were petrified, where were the steward's at this time, the group should have been monitored closer before leaving the ground
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil B wrote:
A few observations after seeing the game on Setanta.

Carayol - shot past their back once in first half. After that - cut inside again and again hitting hopeless shots way over. After looking great a few games ago but he seems to have gone backwards again.

James - ???????????? What is he there for - i thought he had been substituted at half time when i saw him taking throw ins with 15 mins left. Totally anonymous.

Pinault - see above (except he was substituted)

Thompson - every time he gets the ball his first touch loses it again. Or sends the ball up in the air. The first time he got the ball under control was a handball. Ring up FGR and take 7.5K for him.

Why, oh why do we lump it up in the air for 70 mins before we start passing the ball. Then we look good.

Oh and we all know what Sacha is like in the air - so we keep launching the ball at him and it comes straight back at us..

Against two higher league sides we have been poor but only lost by the odd goal, so we cant be that far off the pace. But tactically we were inept. Once we scored we sat back again!

The only positive performances were by Thomas who played ok, Bulman and Cook. And Pittman looked dangerous at the end.

Ho hum - just the Trophy and Setanta shield left to play for this season (Don't mention the SSC). And on these showings - not for long!

Carayol agree re shooting just wish he didnt bother and passed the ball
earlier!

James one decent cross near end game otherwise agree with ya what is he here for? The money apparently!

Totally agree Thomas (my MOM), Bullman and Cook only players with creditable performances tonight.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: crawley fans let us down! Reply with quote

foxy lady wrote:
very entertaining game to watch, great support from the fans great singing, shame about the group of fans (kids) that let it down at the end, by jumping on peoples cars as there were leaving, my friend drove out with her kids in the car and the kids were petrified, where were the steward's at this time, the group should have been monitored closer before leaving the ground
thats total out of order i must say i find that hard to belive normally hteres Stewards about and we even had some police in attendance earlier.
trev
First Team
First Team

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the worst performances of the season what was Evans thinking about playing James at right back he was crap. Ive now seen him play as a forward, in mid field and now as a defender and i am not impressed when he looses the ball he just stands there hands on hips instead of chasing back. Tonight we were playing for long periods with the equivalent of ten men due to James lack of commitment and effort.
I can not see what Evans sees in him.
We have a poll for the MOM if we had one for the worst performance he would win it hands down, we are certainly not getting
Ross
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 157

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play off's ? Never thought we would make it anyway Laughing

Performance was awful to be fair, Wheres the passion ? Answer - On the terrace.

Noise tonight was amazing, Haven't heard it like that for ages was brilliant.

Performance was poor, How we missed Jamma tonight defence seemed to fall apart, James should never be allowed near right back again don't know why he thought he could play there. First goal from My angle their player just seemed to easily go through the middle of our defence and score Mad

But the atomsphere tonight was top class, Stewards caused the problems themselves tonight. Passion is hard to find at clubs but behind the goal there is loads, Might be a bit nuts at times but *beep* MODERN FOOTBALL - Enjoy it !!!!
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev wrote:
One of the worst performances of the season what was Evans thinking about playing James at right back he was crap. Ive now seen him play as a forward, in mid field and now as a defender and i am not impressed when he looses the ball he just stands there hands on hips instead of chasing back. Tonight we were playing for long periods with the equivalent of ten men due to James lack of commitment and effort.
I can not see what Evans sees in him.
We have a poll for the MOM if we had one for the worst performance he would win it hands down, we are certainly not getting
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross wrote:
Play off's ? Never thought we would make it anyway Laughing

Performance was awful to be fair, Wheres the passion ? Answer - On the terrace.

Noise tonight was amazing, Haven't heard it like that for ages was brilliant.

Performance was poor, How we missed Jamma tonight defence seemed to fall apart, James should never be allowed near right back again don't know why he thought he could play there. First goal from My angle their player just seemed to easily go through the middle of our defence and score Mad

But the atomsphere tonight was top class, Stewards caused the problems themselves tonight. Passion is hard to find at clubs but behind the goal there is loads, Might be a bit nuts at times but *beep* MODERN FOOTBALL - Enjoy it !!!!
Ross James cant play defence Midfield or attack and no thanks i'll stick with Ashley n goal so how about playing him left back? left back in the changing room? or better still in the reserves (if only we had some). How did Woking miss and give this man MOM so often are they so bad or does he simply just not fit in with our style of play? I've seen enough and im losing patience with him. At least you saw a few minutes of brilliance from Scully.

And yes the atmosphere generated by the crowd was good tonight.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven King the Lewes manager and his assistants were at the game> Dunno if they saw the second half, if they were scouting any of our defenders I guess they wouldve left long before the interval!
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not commented on James till now.Evans,if your readind,he is not up to it.He dont even come close.In fact he is a *beep* liability.Not good enough so show some *beep* face and drop the useless *beep*. If we can see it so should you..But,to be honest there was more than one lightweight out there tonight.But do yourself a favour and drop that over paid premadonna first.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No excuses from Evans ...

http://www.theargus.co.uk/spor....._again.php

Quote:

Reds crash in front of TV cameras again
Crawley 1, Ebbsfleet United 2

Crawley manager Steve Evans rightly refused to make excuses for his side following another live television turn-off.

Reds were again not at their best in front of the cameras last night, four days after disappointing in front of an armchair audience at Forest Green.

They were given the perfect start through an early goal by Jamie Cook but poor defending handed Ebbsfleet three valuable points in their pursuit of a Blue Square premier play-off place.

Evans said: "We had a great start and got ourselves in front but if you give away the kind of goals we did, you are always going to put yourself on the back foot.

"In the second half we huffed and puffed but didn't really open the door. There are no excuses and we will go back to the training ground."

Reds paid the price for being sluggish in front of the television cameras in the 1-0 defeat at Forest Green but there was little sign of the stage fright to come in the early stages last night as Evans' fired up side got off to a flyer.

Cook was presented with the Blue Square premier player-of-the-month award for January before kick-off and took just three minutes to show why.

The United defence hesitated as a long free-kick from Dominic Shimmin dropped in their area and Cook stole in to prod over keeper Lance Cronin for his ninth goal in seven league games.

Shimmin was making his debut after joining until the end of the season from Queens Park Rangers last week. He replaced Jamie Stevens in a new-look back four, which also included Kevin James in an unorthodox right-back position.

James, who displaced Kieran Murphy, is better known as a flying winger but had previous experience of playing at the back when he was a youngster at Nottingham Forest.

It was two of the regular defenders, Glenn Wilson and Paul Watson, who were at fault for the equaliser on 15 minutes. Striker John Akinde outpaced and outmuscled them both with ease following a long ball and slotted a neat finish in off the inside of a post.

It was the first in a number of shaky moments for the Reds defence in the first half.

Raphael Nade should have done better with a header over the top soon after and again when he blazed high into the car park from just inside the area.

Midfielder Luke Moore then did the same on the half hour after the hosts had again failed to clear properly from a free-kick.

Crawley's defensive frailties were summed up on 33 minutes when they handed Ebbsfleet the lead.

Former Albion frontman Chris McPhee, playing wide on the right, sent a low cross into the six yard box and the hapless Wilson turned the ball into his own net from close range.

Reds could have been further behind at the break after Akinde got the better of Watson and had a goalbound effort blocked.

There was no surprise that Evans made changes at the back for the second half. Bradley Thomas came on for Watson, who had been given a tough time by McPhee, and Reds switched from a 4-4-2 to a 3-5-2 formation.

The reshuffle did not signal a change in the pattern of the game at first as Ebbsfleet continued to dominate.

They came within a whisker of adding another shortly after the interval with a long range drive from Neil Barrett which fizzed just over the corner of post and bar.

Reds improved as the half went on as their three-man midfield began to win the battle in the centre of the park and gain more influence on the game.

They remained fragile at the back, however, and were almost caught out again just before the hour.

Moore broke quickly down the left and found Akinde after Wilson slipped trying to clear the danger but Reds were let off the hook as the lively frontman had not timed his run and was flagged offside.

Evans made another tactical change soon after when Jon-Paul Pittman came on to play in a three-pronged attack alongside Magno Vieira and Cook.

It almost had its desired affect with 15 minutes to go when Vieira came agonisingly close to levelling.

James burst free down the inside right channel and sped the ball across goal for the unmarked Brazilian but it was just out of reach and United managed to scramble clear.

Mustapha Carayol went close to earning a point in the dying minutes with a shot which deflected over off ex-Albion defender Paul McCarthy.

Ebbsfleet boss Liam Daish said: "It is a great win for us because Crawley is a very difficult place to come. We worked very hard and kept our discipline and I'm very happy with the way the lads went about it."

and

http://www.theargus.co.uk/spor.....to_win.php

Quote:

Reds accused of lacking will to win

Crawley boss Steve Evans accused his side of lacking the will to win after a second live television defeat on the trot.

Reds went down 2-1 at home to Blue Square premier play-off chasers Ebbsfleet United last night despite taking an early lead through top scorer Jamie Cook.

The set-back came four days after they suffered a first defeat in six league games in front of the cameras at Forest Green Rovers.

Evans said: "I think they (Ebbsfleet) wanted it a bit more. You could see that the incentive of getting to the play-offs was very much on their mind.

"We didn't have the energy we've had in recent weeks and that is not like this team.

"Maybe we had one or two not performing because of the cameras. I don't think we deserved to lose the game though and that is not looking at it through rose tinted classes. I think the result was harsh on us."

ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Reds accused of lacking will to win

Crawley boss Steve Evans accused his side of lacking the will to win after a second live television defeat on the trot.

I don't think we deserved to lose the game though and that is not looking at it through rose tinted classes. I think the result was harsh on us."

Surely if you lack a will to win you deserve to lose.

Sometimes you try your hardest and you are not up to the task. That's fair. But if you are not willing to put in the effort, what right on earth have you got to expect something Rolling Eyes
grah677
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has the evans bubble burst??? very very poor last 2 games and his tactics where awful tonight can he get us back to playing how we was, i have my doubts.

maybe the players are sick of listening to him ranting and raving
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grah677 wrote:
has the evans bubble burst??? very very poor last 2 games and his tactics where awful tonight can he get us back to playing how we was, i have my doubts.

maybe the players are sick of listening to him ranting and raving
i think it might simply be down to possibly a thin squad and 'nothing' to play for in so far as we aint going u pnor down whereas othe rteams like FGR and G & N were playing for play off positions and the determination to win and desire htere was more evident han it will be for a team mid table.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: