CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

New Manager
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdown Red wrote:
Yes he played 3 years for Galataseray, so he will feel at home with the Crawley ultras!

Shall we get the "Welcome to hell" banner out..? Confused
TownMeadLeftover
First Team
First Team

Topics: 17

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bridgesboy79 wrote:
Seems odd that we have got rid of a successful youth team coach if we are going to replace him with an unsuccessful youth team coach!

A successful youth team coach but an unsuccessful L2 manager, perhaps an unsuccessful youth team coach might make a successful L2 manager
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems Eren is a sucker for a shot in the dark. Not sure what in Kewells past qualifies him to be a manager other than he was a decent footballer 20 years ago and is a snappy dresser. Can't see this ending well. The main thing I remember about him was his managers complaining he would not want to play unless 100 percent fiit. The slightest knock and he was in the physio room.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
The main thing I remember about him was his managers complaining he would not want to play unless 100 percent fiit. The slightest knock and he was in the physio room.

Might make a good partnership with Matty Harrold..? Wink
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had a decent career and 63 games for Galatsaray stands out a a hook for Eren.
He may be a decent manager who knows . he will bring a profile to the club if nothing else.

Two seasons at Watford under 21s and a glittering career are bigger recommendations than a lot of managers who have gone on to do well.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeney as assistant. Seems sensible to me bit more managerial experience and played a lot at lower league level.

Feeney and Kewell are friends from their time at Leeds which suggests this story has some validity. Think Feeney is a bit of a chacter which is a quality you want in a number 2 .

Wouldn't be surprised if we see Robbie Fowler visiting the broad field next season.

Last edited by Crawley69 on Sat May 20, 2017 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
2oo2Red
Coach
Coach

Topics: 62

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would much prefer a fresh new manager who was also a very good footballer come and give it a go, rather than the same old managers that work the circuit time & time again.
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2oo2Red wrote:
I would much prefer a fresh new manager who was also a very good footballer come and give it a go, rather than the same old managers that work the circuit time & time again.

Agree 100%.
revsie
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it looks like Harry has a link to Crawley, his old team mate Kevin Muscat was born in Crawley!
Martin(Kent Branch)
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 6

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
On the new forum, it has been posted that Harry Kewell has been appointed!

No, no, no. Kewell = back to non-league. Show some sense, even King would be better. Ziya Eren, why would you do this??
Damo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Feeney as assistant. Seems sensible to me bit more managerial experience and played a lot at lower league level.

Feeney and Kewell are friends from their time at Leeds which suggests this story has some validity. Think Feeney is a bit of a chacter which is a quality you want in a number 2 .

Wouldn't be surprised if we see Robbie Fowler visiting the broad field next season.

A bit of a character? lol. Well, yes. At Cardiff he buddied up with all their 'top boys'. Do we have a firm at Crawley?. Put them (him, lol) on alert.
Broadfield Dave
First Team
First Team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be a strange but intriguing appointment. Was a fairly disastrous spell at Watford in terms of results this season but as we saw with Drummy it's not really a litmus test for senior football.

Has got his UEFA badges, has worked with Flores and Mazzarri the last two years and I'm sure learned a lot from them, and has played under some of the best coaches the game has ever seen (Graham, Houllier, Benitez, Hiddink, Rijkaard).

And who knows, at 38 if he gets the itch, he might even come out of retirement to help out on the pitch at some point.

Not lacking in self-confidence either according to this article from last year http://www.express.co.uk/sport.....management
TownMeadLeftover
First Team
First Team

Topics: 17

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2oo2Red wrote:

I'll go with you on that one, why give the job to one of a selection of failures at other clubs? why have they been shown the door at those clubs, many on multiple occasions?

Maybe Kewell might be the much awaited manager who has the contacts that can bring a few decent players to Crawley, DD certainly didn't manage that with his Chelsea contacts, then we had the experienced Saunders, Gregory and Barker and the mighty SO'D with all the success they brought, not
pedlar
First Team
First Team

Topics: 206

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil Harris didn't do to bad today.

Not much first team experience before.
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedlar wrote:
Neil Harris didn't do to bad today.

Not much first team experience before.

Big difference between him and Kewell. Harris was ingrained in the club at Millwall - he wasn't some nomadic footballer looking for his next job.

I'm intrigued by the possibility of Kewell - I generally felt his career was nowhere near as sparkling as it should have been and that he didn't apply himself correctly to achieve as much as he could of (whilst admitting he won a few trinkets and the Champions League) I worry that as a manager he could be similar as it's a personality feature.

Ziya said he wanted someone young and knowledgeable about the club - Kewell certainly ticks one of those boxes - perhaps there is more to the re-signing of DB than it first appears. Kewell will know about PL academy players and contacts, the likes of DB would bring club knowledge and knowledge about the leagues we are competing in.

DD recruited some decent players but ones that were not match hardened because technique is king at academies. It's what cost us so many points this season.

I'm pleased we are looking outside the normal circle of managers for our next appointment - it's a fresh approach that may pay off. But we know the price of failure and so do those that sign up to it and those who pull the strings. The only question is when you admit that it isn't working.

There was an interesting debate on the radio last night about the PL and two managers in particular - Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche. Both have done superb jobs at their current clubs and both have had less successful times at other times in their managerial careers (ironically for Howe it was at Burnley). Yet only Howe is linked with the likes of Arsenal and England and Dyche never seems to be linked with other jobs - style of play - gingerism (Dyche's phrase in an interview not mine) or just a recognition that Dyche is a bit less telegenic than Howe?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 16 of 20

Jump to: