CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

New Manager
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allanp
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 43

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm available but wouldn't go to all the away matches and already have a holiday booked in the autumn
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allanp wrote:
I'm available but wouldn't go to all the away matches and already have a holiday booked in the autumn

We're had managers away during the season before (I believe) if not definitely pre-season.

Missing away games will be ok as most of the supporters miss them anyway and we wouldn't notice. Very Happy

Jim Baker
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
allanp wrote:

We're had managers away during the season before (I believe) if not definitely pre-season.

Missing away games will be ok as most of the supporters miss them anyway and we wouldn't notice. Very Happy

Jim Baker

We have had players go on holiday for the whole season.

Or perhaps it just feels like it....
Warren
Coach
Coach

Topics: 299

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
allanp wrote:

Jim Baker

I remember Vines missing a couple during our Southern League promotion campaign and one of Bettineli (whose son is playing in goal for Fulham these day, just to make you all feel old) or Swindlehurst (I'm pretty sure it was him) taking over the reigns. Almost certain we thrashed Worcester 4-0 or 4-1 at home when Vines was away - Carl Wilson-Denis hat-trick IIRC!
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
nemo wrote:
2oo2Red wrote:
nemo wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
Steve King be announced back end of the week.

Massive risk - reckon he'll be totally out of his depth and no big pot of money to play with either

I posted the following in a previous thread about 'Should Dermot go?'

2oo2Red wrote:
Is there any other manager out there that would want to come to Crawley who are already in a job that are considerably better than Dermot? No.

Will we get a flurry of managers applying for the managers job if we did for instance sack Drummy? yes. Better than Dermot? Probably not because they're out of a job.

Makes no sense to sack Dermot when we wont have anyone considerably better to come in.

This country is full of Managers who blag a professional career at a lower league level (Yates, Barker) do we want one of those again?

If we appoint Steve King, he well and truly falls into the categories outlined in my post... probably no better than Dermot and most certainly a manager that has blagged his way around the lower leagues. Rolling Eyes

I really do hope we have someone better lined up than Steve King.

Me too - someone young and hungry to make a mark would be a better risk than what we are currently hearing

To be fair, most of the candidates mentioned are just ones the bookies have come up with, or suggestions from people on this forum. It's all rumours and speculation. Quite rightly, the club haven't said who they have interviewed. It might not be any of the guys mentioned on here or BetVictor. People need to stop panicking until there has actually been an announcement.

Who is panicking. ..??
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
nemo wrote:
2oo2Red wrote:
nemo wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

Massive risk - reckon he'll be totally out of his depth and no big pot of money to play with either

2oo2Red wrote:
Is there any other manager out there that would want to come to Crawley who are already in a job that are considerably better than Dermot? No.

Will we get a flurry of managers applying for the managers job if we did for instance sack Drummy? yes. Better than Dermot? Probably not because they're out of a job.

Makes no sense to sack Dermot when we wont have anyone considerably better to come in.

This country is full of Managers who blag a professional career at a lower league level (Yates, Barker) do we want one of those again?

If we appoint Steve King, he well and truly falls into the categories outlined in my post... probably no better than Dermot and most certainly a manager that has blagged his way around the lower leagues. Rolling Eyes

Me too - someone young and hungry to make a mark would be a better risk than what we are currently hearing

To be fair, most of the candidates mentioned are just ones the bookies have come up with, or suggestions from people on this forum. It's all rumours and speculation. Quite rightly, the club haven't said who they have interviewed. It might not be any of the guys mentioned on here or BetVictor. People need to stop panicking until there has actually been an announcement.

Who is panicking. ..??

Read the thread. "If King gets the job, I'm never watching Crawley again...." etc. The usual histrionics. Wouldn't be the forum without them.
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are referring to my posting, please read it a little more carefully. No histrionics, no threats, just that at my age, with time running out, if the owner shows a lack of ambition, after all these years of following the club, it will be time for me to find something else.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
If you are referring to my posting, please read it a little more carefully. No histrionics, no threats, just that at my age, with time running out, if the owner shows a lack of ambition, after all these years of following the club, it will be time for me to find something else.

It's all a matter of opinion I guess, just like the "we all know the club isn't what it was" bit.

I have been following Crawley since 1988, of course the club has changed, not always for the better, but on days like the Northampton FAC game I'm sure I would have been saying 'I wish we could play teams like this every week'.

Support has increased by a factor of 10 since the early 1980s so we must be doing something right.

If supporters up and down the ground threw their toys out the pram every time they had a manager they didn't like then football would be a very transient business.
Red Army
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
srn151161 wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
nemo wrote:
2oo2Red wrote:
nemo wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

2oo2Red wrote:

Who is panicking. ..??

Read the thread. "If King gets the job, I'm never watching Crawley again...." etc. The usual histrionics. Wouldn't be the forum without them.

If I had a pound for every time I had read here over the last 10 years that if 'x' happens, or doesn't happen"then I'm giving up season ticket/ going to stop going to home games," then I would be a very rich man.

Crawley Town - the most fair-weather supporters in the Football League. Fact!
Ashdown Red
First Team
First Team

Topics: 31

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Army wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
srn151161 wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
nemo wrote:
2oo2Red wrote:
nemo wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

2oo2Red wrote:

Who is panicking. ..??

If I had a pound for every time I had read here over the last 10 years that if 'x' happens, or doesn't happen"then I'm giving up season ticket/ going to stop going to home games," then I would be a very rich man.

Crawley Town - the most fair-weather supporters in the Football League. Fact!

The older i get, the better it was. Wink
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:

Fair enough. The histrionics comment wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, certainly not you.
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 300

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:
allanp wrote:

Jim Baker

I remember Vines missing a couple during our Southern League promotion campaign and one of Bettineli (whose son is playing in goal for Fulham these day, just to make you all feel old) or Swindlehurst (I'm pretty sure it was him) taking over the reigns. Almost certain we thrashed Worcester 4-0 or 4-1 at home when Vines was away - Carl Wilson-Denis hat-trick IIRC!

Are you sure it was Vines?

Billy Smith always used to bugger off a few games into the season, then wondered why he got people's backs up.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
Are you sure it was Vines?

Billy Smith always used to bugger off a few games into the season, then wondered why he got people's backs up.

I seem to recall that Mrs V had made the arrangements and there was a short overlap... and I think he missed the last few days to return home early.. being German she had the use of her parents villa (or was it bunker)... in France..! Wink
Jerseybean
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day, why the rush, this is now down time for the players.

I cannot remember, but pre-season does not start until, mid June or begining of July, depending on league etc.

So the club could take all of May to appoint someone and then they would have June to get to know the squad.

yes we miss any signings, but we have very little money to buy anyone, so would we not only look at loanees!

Also note with the U23 side starting, this will be a bigger priority, as this helps negate the having a youth player coming thorugh the ranks, as they could name any of them.
Warren
Coach
Coach

Topics: 299

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerseybean wrote:
At the end of the day, why the rush, this is now down time for the players.

I cannot remember, but pre-season does not start until, mid June or begining of July, depending on league etc.

So the club could take all of May to appoint someone and then they would have June to get to know the squad.

yes we miss any signings, but we have very little money to buy anyone, so would we not only look at loanees!

Also note with the U23 side starting, this will be a bigger priority, as this helps negate the having a youth player coming thorugh the ranks, as they could name any of them.

Why the rush? Well, maybe because almost every team has announced their retained/released list and have already started bringing players in - Evans has five through the door already at Mansfield.

We'll probably be left behind and left to pick up the deadwood released by the rest if we don't start making enquiries soon.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 14 of 20

Jump to: