CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

SSC Final Live on Youtube & it's legal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
Starting with the positives, I thought that Blackman had a good game, Mersin appears to be a much improved product from early in the season, Garnett looked ok (would like to see him start along with Connelly for leadership), Harrold was getting to some balls (but needed Murphy along side him, not in midfield where he seemed to be most of the time), and Yorwerth can defend well.......

Which links nicely to the negatives. Why on earth did Yorwerth stop running and let the BHA forward get the ball for the second goal? Far too much a liability in defence because of the errors. Clifford - did he find a teammate with any pass longer than 5 yards? Payne - why? He is too slow in thought and deed, Bobson looks energetic but fails to deliver the goods. Enzio looks apathetic when he plays. Lelan makes too many errors.

Tactically DD was right to rest Collins, Connelly and Morris, they will be needed for Saturday if we get the chance to win and possibly move four places higher in the league. But why, why, why do we not play two up front?

Very disappointing game, as was the Swan pub that did not serve food...... despite what their webpage says.

At least the train home was on time. Crawley Town FC make Southern rail look good - have we sunk that low?

Agree Phil, Blackman did look better.

Yorwerth is a complete joke and Mersin would have been cleaned out if it was Mansfield. Why is it every game he needs to show how hopeless he is with his feet. Fingers crossed Morris will be ready for Saturday.

As for playing our best team, why not. We had 500 Reds fans there and for the majority we would rather have seen Crawley win the cup than worry about whether its 19th or 21st in the league.

What on earth was Tajbaksh doing playing?? Useless and did nothing until hauled off. However Payne did nothing either so it evened out.

Rhys Murphy must be totally disillusioned, a goalscorer playing in some midfield type role. All half chances really. Presumably DD didn't see him last season to know his strengths.

What a disaster, I'm still as annoyed today.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
At least the train home was on time. Crawley Town FC make Southern rail look good - have we sunk that low?

That was the biggest positive of the evening for me... Alain managed to find me a spare seat on the coach for the journey home... 40 minutes of the wit & wisdom of JTG has never been more welcome.

It was nice to see a few old lags too. I suspect no-one involved on the football side realises how much a decent win would have mattered to us all.
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad i went to see Reginald D Hunter at the Hawth now and to think i nearly went to the football that was a lucky escape
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes fans took it seriously the players manager and the *beep* announcer in stadium didnt! Rest our better players for what? No medals for besting Mansfield.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Phil T wrote:

That was the biggest positive of the evening for me... Alain managed to find me a spare seat on the coach for the journey home... 40 minutes of the wit & wisdom of JTG has never been more welcome.

It was nice to see a few old lags too. I suspect no-one involved on the football side realises how much a decent win would have mattered to us all.
Thad do you think there is a growing detachment from the club to its fan base? I think the club have done a lot of good ground work off the pitch in recent years just shame the on the pitch efforts havnt been as good. Just curious is thete an underlying message there from.you?
matcowdrey
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 8

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:
Glad i went to see Reginald D Hunter at the Hawth now and to think i nearly went to the football that was a lucky escape

Snap... Very Happy
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:
The stadium looked half empty,

There were a lot less than 15,000 there, I promise you Laughing

95% empty would be more accurate.
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Phil T wrote:
Starting with the positives, I thought that Blackman had a good game, Mersin appears to be a much improved product from early in the season, Garnett looked ok (would like to see him start along with Connelly for leadership), Harrold was getting to some balls (but needed Murphy along side him, not in midfield where he seemed to be most of the time), and Yorwerth can defend well.......

Which links nicely to the negatives. Why on earth did Yorwerth stop running and let the BHA forward get the ball for the second goal? Far too much a liability in defence because of the errors. Clifford - did he find a teammate with any pass longer than 5 yards? Payne - why? He is too slow in thought and deed, Bobson looks energetic but fails to deliver the goods. Enzio looks apathetic when he plays. Lelan makes too many errors.

Tactically DD was right to rest Collins, Connelly and Morris, they will be needed for Saturday if we get the chance to win and possibly move four places higher in the league. But why, why, why do we not play two up front?

Very disappointing game, as was the Swan pub that did not serve food...... despite what their webpage says.

Agree Phil, Blackman did look better.

Yorwerth is a complete joke and Mersin would have been cleaned out if it was Mansfield. Why is it every game he needs to show how hopeless he is with his feet. Fingers crossed Morris will be ready for Saturday.

As for playing our best team, why not. We had 500 Reds fans there and for the majority we would rather have seen Crawley win the cup than worry about whether its 19th or 21st in the league.

What on earth was Tajbaksh doing playing?? Useless and did nothing until hauled off. However Payne did nothing either so it evened out.

Rhys Murphy must be totally disillusioned, a goalscorer playing in some midfield type role. All half chances really. Presumably DD didn't see him last season to know his strengths.

What a disaster, I'm still as annoyed today.

Exactly, who gives a monkeys where we finish in the league with one game to go?
Massive shot in the foot by the club (and especially Drummy) to not play a strong side and try to win the thing.
If there were 500 of us there last night that team and the way we played was an insult to every one of us who made the effort to attend. As someone else has said, we took it a lot more seriously than the players (and the club) it would seem?
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it on Utube.
All I can think is he was giving the fringe players a chance show what they could do (or not !) before making his decisions on who is released.
(the team was virtually my release list !)

However I don't understand why he didn't play his first 11 last night and if he wanted to give them a chance last nights team on Saturday ? That way you would see what they could cope against league 2 opposition.
(Maybe the owner is flying in for Saturday. ) Smile
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:
Thad do you think there is a growing detachment from the club to its fan base? I think the club have done a lot of good ground work off the pitch in recent years just shame the on the pitch efforts havnt been as good. Just curious is thete an underlying message there from.you?

Not so much the "the club" as "the players". I think that the owner, manager, backroom, office & community staff actually get it... but I cannot believe that the players (there are a few exceptions) actually give any thought to what it means to the fans.

I know us old gits romantically mention a time when the players & manager would appear in the bar after a game, but there was something really beneficial in that approach to all parties. There was no hiding place, no excuses, you were directly answerable to your paying customers for what you had delivered. If you had a stinker, you made bloody sure that that next game you didn't..!

And yes - before you say it - there is an implied criticism that the management team are failing to get that message across and translate it into performances.

Interesting to observe our fans last night, our average age is getting older, we know that the club are struggling to get fans in, but we are really struggling to attract younger fans and that must be a serious concern.

Ps. Good question RR&R, keep it going.
Ianwhale
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking forward to the game what an absolute embarrassment on the night, if we keep this lot together the only way is down. If we can all see it why can't the management team? We are all having a go at Drummy, what about Matt Grays ability as a coach?
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone can explain to me why we played a weakened team when we have a meaningless game at the weekend I'd be very interested.

500 Reds fans expecting us to take it seriously.

I want my money back.
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matcowdrey wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:

Snap... Very Happy

Glenn Wall was very good i must say but Reggy was different class

maybe i'll start a poll should DD get the boot?
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme wrote:
I watched it on Utube.
All I can think is he was giving the fringe players a chance show what they could do (or not !) before making his decisions on who is released.
(the team was virtually my release list !)

If he hasn't worked that out by now then I'm gobsmacked.

For example we haven't seen Bobson for weeks, if DD now needs a run out in the SSC to work it out then we have a problem.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
If anyone can explain to me why we played a weakened team when we have a meaningless game at the weekend I'd be very interested..

I'll give it a go BICH.

I think there is something commendable in giving the players that got you there a chance to prove themselves and more pertinently that fits in with the parochial style of our manager who likes to display his faith in players even when he shouldn't (Davey earlier in the season being the classic example).

Unfortunately they weren't up to the task, their attitude was terrible, their application was worse and they were out-muscled in most departments. I cannot help think that if the likes of Clifford, Payne & Enzio actually applied themselves to the job at hand, that we would have enough, but too many players failed to focus.

Regarding the performance of fringe players, Garnett did himself no harm and Mersin had some good moments, but his communication and reluctance to leave his line remain a concern.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: