CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

SSC Final Live on Youtube & it's legal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drummy and the team came over to applaud those of us that stayed.

Drummy got some strong "terrace banter" shouted at him,which he clearly heard.

I thought it was a bit harsh to shout at him in that way, but I can understand why those fans did so.

To lose was embarrassing.

Basically we are not good enough and big changes are required.

The club had a decent following tonight and the opportunity to put on a good show and get them all back in the ground on Saturday for the Mansfield game. However, I am very confident that many of those who travelled tonight won't bother coming along to the next game.

I'll be there, but I fully understand those who don't bother.

#timeforchange
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More reds fans made quite lot noise at the start but by the end all they wanted was to leave and a few ironic cheers from those remaining behind the goal when falmer youth team scored the third. It highlighted how uncapable dummy in no game plan no passion no coaching no tactics nothing in his brain nothing. Really sad to see some reds fans abusive shouts and players at final whistle.

Did falmer deserve the win? No. Fixed from start not played at neutral ground. Treated reds fans secind class in south behind goal in cheeper seats sold at same price, walked past west stand no body searches at west stand but plenty at south. Announcer laughing as announced falmer third goal. Disgraceful.

Low attendance showed how the suited and booted at sussex fa were only interested in filling their stomaches. Seen so many but that has to be one of handful of worst performances ever from Crawley. Did they even know it was a cup final?

The dummy has to go. Sack the manequin.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
Drummy and the team came over to applaud those of us that stayed.

Drummy got some strong "terrace banter" shouted at him,which he clearly heard.

I thought it was a bit harsh to shout at him in that way, but I can understand why those fans did so.

To lose was embarrassing.

Basically we are not good enough and big changes are required.

The club had a decent following tonight and the opportunity to put on a good show and get them all back in the ground on Saturday for the Mansfield game. However, I am very confident that many of those who travelled tonight won't bother coming along to the next game.

I'll be there, but I fully understand those who don't bother.

#timeforchange
what i heard was abusive not banter. Fans want changevwas the invisible man there?
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight was a perfect opportunity to try and put a bit of a feel good factor back into the club after what has been, to say the least, a disappointing season.
Yes I know it is only the SSC (and it was quite obvious the Brighton fans couldn't give a toss for it as there were more of us than them), but it is still a cup final, so play your strongest squad and try to win the bloody thing!
Who gives a monkeys about who has played in the previous rounds, we have one game to go in the league (and amazingly we are safe) so put the first teamers out and go for it!
But no, we bungle together a side that got what it deserved, but not what the 400 or so Crawley fans who paid their money and made the effort on a school night to get down there and support their side deserved.
Off the pitch we are a club reborn, but on it we are a shambles, and that is where the buck stops. You can have all the fresh burger buns and working hand dryers in the world, but if the players and coaching staff cannot cut the mustard we will be playing back in the conference or worse within the next 2 years.
Ivor
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very ,very disappointed.This was a CUP FINAL surely we should have selected a stronger side.Performance was poor.We could have played until midnight and still not scored.Mersin played well for 90 minutes but was let down badly by his defenders in extra time.I have been a supporter of Drummy but not any longer.Bring in Dannie Bulman please!
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why on earth did some of our supporters applaud our players at the final whistle?

Easily pleased with a spineless display.

DRUMMY OUT.

JTG
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Schoolboy errors and pub team play. Everyone needs to take a long hard look at themselves. Lord knows I've tried to keep the faith... but how about meeting me halfway.

The dominant feature of our game - all over the pitch - was indecision, we know about it in defence cos every goal was avoidable...

...but even when we'd get a quick break on, we would stop and wait for the opposition to get back into place, play it around and lose it... I just cannot work out what was so wrong in putting in an early ball for Murphy & Harrold to attack...?

To sum it up, Mersin was arguably our best player..! Sad

Come on let's be honest. Mersin and Yorwerth are both walking disasters as the second goal showed. Yorwerth can't get through a game without some balls up, and despite a couple of good saves Mersin had already dropped one clanger which a better forward would have punished.

These are not league quality players and need to be disposed of. Why we ever gave Mersin a 2 year deal is beyond me.

Harrold is past it as far as Crawley is concerned. Their two centre backs had him marked out the game. All this b/s from Drummy about putting in a shift?? Nice bloke and all that but clearly his lack of match fitness and inability to play regularly has caught up with him. Murphy isn't the same player as last season, although to be fair his chances have been few and far between. Without James Collins goals we would have been well and truly stuffed this season.

Bobson was a complete joke, nice lad but I would be looking for a career outside professional football.

You are right, the players should be looking in the mirror tonight, however remember it is Drummy who seems to be steadily signing up these clowns for next season. Ultimately I suspect he will pay the price, before season ticket sales and attendances fall further.

In 29 years of watching Crawley Town I can't think of many nights more depressing than tonight, not forgetting we laboured past Bognor to make the final.

I have defended DD for some time. I thought he was different to the other managers we have had recently, sadly tonight I realised that we need to part company and move on as we have really gone backwards since the turn of the year.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was poor. We matched Brighton under-12's blow for blow, for the first 20 minutes. Then there was only one team in it and I'm astonished it went to extra time.
Flapper actually had a decent game apart from that second goal, though it's hard to tell who was more blameworthy out of him and Yor...th.
Really whenever we managed to gain possession, there was nearly always a stray pass waiting. Trying that style is all very well, but it's pretty clear by now that many of the team struggle to play that way. I'm not one for advocating farmyard football, but you have to adapt to what you have available.
We did have the odd moment but it was fleeting, and it would have been a travesty if we'd managed a smash-and-grab (which we nearly did near the end of the 90 minutes).
I did actually applaud at the end because I don't think they stopped trying. Also, my applause was more about getting to the final than the performance on the night.

Last edited by Paulc222 on Thu May 04, 2017 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
I have defended DD for some time. I thought he was different to the other managers we have had recently, sadly tonight I realised that we need to part company and move on as we have really gone backwards since the turn of the year.

So have I Simon, unfortunately there is nothing I can offer in his defence after that inept display.

I mentioned on the journey back that Francis Vines told me that the when the team that got us into the Conference had a bad half, he'd never have to give them a bolly or an inspirational speech, he'd just have to stop them ripping lumps out of each other...

...those players knew what was unacceptable and took personal responsibility for sorting it out.... I just don't sense a similar level of professional pride from our current lot, in fact I really don't get the impression that it even matters to them..!
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
thad wrote:
Schoolboy errors and pub team play. Everyone needs to take a long hard look at themselves. Lord knows I've tried to keep the faith... but how about meeting me halfway.

The dominant feature of our game - all over the pitch - was indecision, we know about it in defence cos every goal was avoidable...

...but even when we'd get a quick break on, we would stop and wait for the opposition to get back into place, play it around and lose it... I just cannot work out what was so wrong in putting in an early ball for Murphy & Harrold to attack...?

To sum it up, Mersin was arguably our best player..! Sad

Come on let's be honest. Mersin and Yorwerth are both walking disasters as the second goal showed. Yorwerth can't get through a game without some balls up, and despite a couple of good saves Mersin had already dropped one clanger which a better forward would have punished.

These are not league quality players and need to be disposed of. Why we ever gave Mersin a 2 year deal is beyond me.

Harrold is past it as far as Crawley is concerned. Their two centre backs had him marked out the game. All this b/s from Drummy about putting in a shift?? Nice bloke and all that but clearly his lack of match fitness and inability to play regularly has caught up with him. Murphy isn't the same player as last season, although to be fair his chances have been few and far between. Without James Collins goals we would have been well and truly stuffed this season.

Bobson was a complete joke, nice lad but I would be looking for a career outside professional football.

You are right, the players should be looking in the mirror tonight, however remember it is Drummy who seems to be steadily signing up these clowns for next season. Ultimately I suspect he will pay the price, before season ticket sales and attendances fall further.

In 29 years of watching Crawley Town I can't think of many nights more depressing than tonight, not forgetting we laboured past Bognor to make the final.

im saddened to say the king has fallen. Harrold looked more like a county league player....not that others in red were any better. Yorworth i agree walking disaster. As for the applause some was ironic.....slow hand clap a little earlier. What a dire atmosphere they scored three notba single falmer fan cheered!
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A damp squib of a season, staying up by the skin of our teeth, embarrassed by a youth team in our only hope of any glory, a manager in some sort of self denial spiral.

What's going to happen next?
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post match reaction from the dummy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag_q2YVCXlA

it includes ....

second half I thought we applied ourselves…Matt Harold done a real shift.....and I gave players an opportunity that haven’t started and erm, they tired very quickly, mentally I thought we applied ourselves and just the lapses in the game gave the game away…..its a big final 500 of our fans….they were brilliant.” Oh and the interviewer starts with “you’ve seen a lot of Brighton Under 23’s”

Is the Dummy for real or taking the p155 outta Crawley fans?

Oh and some unpleasant pictures of falmer village players celebrating here http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news.....04323.aspx

Maybe we can have the last laugh as a falmer player dropped the cup http://www.northstandchat.com/.....1493846707
Quote:
Needs to learn how to lift a cup if he wants to be a winning captain - dropped the lid on the floor

Two hands
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
A damp squib of a season, staying up by the skin of our teeth, embarrassed by a youth team in our only hope of any glory, a manager in some sort of self denial spiral.

What's going to happen next?
pre post and during match protest against the manager Saturday resulting in his sacking hopefully
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting with the positives, I thought that Blackman had a good game, Mersin appears to be a much improved product from early in the season, Garnett looked ok (would like to see him start along with Connelly for leadership), Harrold was getting to some balls (but needed Murphy along side him, not in midfield where he seemed to be most of the time), and Yorwerth can defend well.......

Which links nicely to the negatives. Why on earth did Yorwerth stop running and let the BHA forward get the ball for the second goal? Far too much a liability in defence because of the errors. Clifford - did he find a teammate with any pass longer than 5 yards? Payne - why? He is too slow in thought and deed, Bobson looks energetic but fails to deliver the goods. Enzio looks apathetic when he plays. Lelan makes too many errors.

Tactically DD was right to rest Collins, Connelly and Morris, they will be needed for Saturday if we get the chance to win and possibly move four places higher in the league. But why, why, why do we not play two up front?

Very disappointing game, as was the Swan pub that did not serve food...... despite what their webpage says.

At least the train home was on time. Crawley Town FC make Southern rail look good - have we sunk that low?
thedarkhorse
First Team
First Team

Topics: 19

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've ever been so cross. Why didn't we play a first team? Wouldn't everyone rather have a cup and finish 22nd rather than 20th?

There didn't seem to much drive from the players, they sat back and let Brighton pass it around rather than challenging

I wouldn't mind losing so much, but without any sense of urgency it's hard to take.

The fans took it much more seriously than the players and that can't be right
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: